Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Chicago police release body cam video of South Shore police shooting

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    did they place hands on him with no RS? did they attempt to handcuff him for no reason? did they then shoot him because he wouldn't submit to an unreasonable seizure?

those answers would be YES
    Did he have a permit to carry the gun they noticed. Did he pull away when they tried to determine whether or not he was legally carrying? They shot him because he reached for a gun he would have used to shoot them had he been given a chance.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    You'll have to ask them.

He didn't walk away. He pulled away and reached for a gun. It's on video. You're, again, finding issue with the police when none existed.
    3 or 4 armed and hostile individuals with the legal power to execute people who exercise their rights is an issue, despite the fact that you think the government is your true master.....which it isn't

biggest threat.jpg
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Apparently they noticed the gun. Maybe STY thinks that the police are supposed to assume he has a permit.
    they need RS to believe he is not legal or committing a crime to ask him about the permit. this is 4th Amendment case law, which you should know.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

no, chicago has to follow state law and use a shall issue permit process, making the carrying of a concealed handgun LEGAL. Therefore, the 4th Amendment prohibits the cops from demanding to see the concealed carry permit of anyone without reasonable suspicion that there is a law being broken.
    Just more bullshit from someone that is going to hate cops even when they do the right thing.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Did he have a permit to carry the gun they noticed. Did he pull away when they tried to determine whether or not he was legally carrying? They shot him because he reached for a gun he would have used to shoot them had he been given a chance.
    did they have RS to assume he didn't have a permit? i'd pull away also and fear for my life because they assaulted me, therefore the cops needed to be shot.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

they need RS to believe he is not legal or committing a crime to ask him about the permit. this is 4th Amendment case law, which you should know.
    Anything to hate cops, huh?

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Just more bullshit from someone that is going to hate cops even when they do the right thing.
    awwww, we don't like the laws when they prohibit your precious heroes from killing people, don't you?

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Anything to hate cops, huh?
    so you don't know or care about the law, got it.

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

did they have RS to assume he didn't have a permit? i'd pull away also and fear for my life because they assaulted me, therefore the cops needed to be shot.
    Do you know they didn't have it? You're assuming they didn't because of your hate.

Hopefully you'd pull away and they'd do the same to you as here.

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

so you don't know or care about the law, got it.
    So you're going to hate cops no matter what they do. Got it.

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    I raised 2 boys. If I thought the world was somehow bias against them, I would have rioted too. I think most minorities believe the system is stacked against them, for many reasons. Just because many people in Chicago kill each other doesn't make it OK for the police to pop one or two, cause hell, they are all shooting each other.
    But this is about this one incident.
    Are people now suggesting that the Police are just supposed to let armed individuals run away from them and then reach for their weapon??
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

awwww, we don't like the laws when they prohibit your precious heroes from killing people, don't you?
    I have no problem with what they did. I hope they repeat with you if you try to pull away and reach for a gun when being questioned.

13. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    The gun was on his left side. I think what you think "appears to be reaching for the gun" is a physical reaction to being shot in the back as it is his right hand that is reaching down at his right side. Not saying that this was or was not justified, just that I think you may have reached a wrong factual conclusion as far as the reaching for his gun part
    Where did you get information that he was shot, PRIOR to "reaching" for the firearm?
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

14. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

3 or 4 armed and hostile individuals with the legal power to execute people who exercise their rights is an issue, despite the fact that you think the government is your true master.....which it isn't

biggest threat.jpg
    They were asking questions. Do you consider that hostile? I'm sure you do because you'd prefer criminals kill cops.

15. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do you know they didn't have it? You're assuming they didn't because of your hate.
    they already admitted that they had no RS, but the laws don't matter to you because of your cop worship.

Just prior, officers on foot patrol noticed a man that they believed was armed.

When they approached him, there was a confrontation.
    Hopefully you'd pull away and they'd do the same to you as here.
    yes, we all know that you don't care about the laws, just so long as anyone who doesn't immediately submit to your heroes is killed.