Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Con In Modern History

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    In a manner of speaking. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. In the mean time, unless the DNC wants to keep getting its ass whipped, they may want to come up with both new strategies and tactics. Right now they are like Troy the day after they found that pretty horse outside their gates.
    Whatever. I am not a Democrat...so your words should not be directed to me.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seeker View Post
    Are you content to have a person of that character as POTUS and ex officio leader of the free world?
    Yes. I have very low expectations. It is the hope that kills you.

I don't know whether he conspired with a predatory foreign power to help him win the election, but frankly it wouldn't surprise me if he did. There has been no other president, from any party, of whom I would say that.
    One side gets the first black; the other side gets the first orange. All superficial.

Whether you would say it or not, foreign powers are not new to this game (nor do we have clean hands ourselves). Israel tried to help Romney; China tried to make illegal donations the DNC for Clinton's re-election; Krushchev backed Kennedy in opposition to Nixon.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (07-14-2018)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump is a disgusting bully. he bullied the punk ass Repubs right out of their backbones, They never stand up to him, and he knows nothing. Trumps and his staffs complicity in the campaign with russia. will take his admin down. Anyone with an open mind would be shocked by the Trump first 1- 1/2 years. The posssibility thaty he can destroy NATO should sicken you. His sucking up to Russia is offensive and suggest Trump is after a new world order, Trumps country and Russia against NATO. The dictators against the democracies.
    Spit spit evil eye.

There there are you happy now?

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    That's cute. The problem is here, of course, that we do not blame the Russians for Trump winning. (Which he didn't, btw, he lost by 3 million votes; he just played the EC game better.) The (D)s picked a crappy candidate and that candidate ran a crappy campaign.

It is a fact that the Russians meddled in our election. That's the whole point. It is not who they picked to back or who actually won -- the entire point here is that a foreign power which is not friendly toward our interests fucked around in our elections.

Why are you guys okay with that?
    The accusation is that Trump colluded with Russia despite no evidence he did. The D's did pick a crappy candidate, but why do they seldom own up to that?

Krushchev helped elect Kennedy during the Cold War. We aren't even in a tepid war with Russia these days.

I accept that we are going to have crappy Presidents my entire life because they are produced by crappy parties and elected by unsophisticated masses. I can only speak for me. Have no idea who "you guys" would be.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Whatever. I am not a Democrat...so your words should not be directed to me.
    Since I used "they" and not "you" in response to your post to me, then whatever your words should not have been directed at me.

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,563 Times in 17,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seeker View Post
    He was shocked that he won, but he did know something about the EC. On election night 2008 he was damning the EC system because he thought Obama was winning the presidency on a minority vote. He was wrong, of course, as he is about many things.
    Knowing it exists, is not knowing about it and how to use it., The job of president is all new to him. He is way out of his comfort zone and it shows. he has no respect for the office or the executive branch. He has overt hostility to the legislative and judicial. He is trying to take power over all of them. Sadly the rightys are making that easy to do.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-15-2018), Frank Apisa (07-14-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-14-2018)

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Since I used "they" and not "you" in response to your post to me, then whatever your words should not have been directed at me.
    I don't give a shit what you used.

Your remark should not have been directed to me. AND IT WAS. You were responding TO ME.

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Knowing it exists, is not knowing about it and how to use it., The job of president is all new to him. He is way out of his comfort zone and it shows. he has no respect for the office or the executive branch. He has overt hostility to the legislative and judicial. He is trying to take power over all of them. Sadly the rightys are making that easy to do.
    Actually, Nordberg, they are helping him do it.

There is a precedent.

The Germans of 1930's Germany helped Adolf Hitler take power over everything.

Not sure why any sane person would want to follow that precedent...which may mean that the people doing so are not especially "sane."

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

YOUR SIDE WON.

FOR CHRIST'S SAKE...TAKE THE WIN WITH A BIT OF CLASS.

STOP WITH THE BULLSHIT.

YOUR SIDE WON.

I UNDERSTAND THAT THE AMERICAN RIGHT HAS SO LITTLE CLASS THAT IT CANNOT LOSE WITH ANY DIGNITY AT ALL...BUT JESUS H. CHRIST...YOU GUYS WON.

TRY TO PRETEND YOU HAVE SOME CLASS...AND ENJOY IT RATHER THAN GROVELLING IN THE MUD.

GET OVER THE WIN YOURSELVES.
    "Elections have consequences, you lost, get over it" - Barack Obama

For 8 years that POS lived by that and you ass lickers did nothing but pucker up to him. Don't like that you're on the losing end? Tough shit.

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Your remark should not have been directed to me. AND IT WAS. You were responding TO ME.
    Quit whining you old motherfucker. Do us a favor and keel over.

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    It is a fact that the Russians meddled in our election. That's the whole point. It is not who they picked to back or who actually won -- the entire point here is that a foreign power which is not friendly toward our interests fucked around in our elections.

Why are you guys okay with that?
    Why was Obama okay with it ?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Loving91390 For This Post:

Irish Exit (07-14-2018)

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,173 Times in 10,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

The biggest con in modern history isn't that Trump won. It is that the democrats who lost to Trump have convinced their base that they are not to blame for the loss and if they double and triple down on the same strategy that lost, magically it will work.

If the left wants to defeat Trump should he run again, they need to come up with a new strategy that does not involve blaming Russia and grand conspiracies for the Clinton campaign getting it wrong and all the professional pundits getting it wrong. Even if Russia tried to interfere with the election, it does not change that the DNC's hundreds of millions in ad spending wasn't negated by some hashtags and memes. It is little more than "Look! A squirrel!!" CYA.

Here is something to ponder--even if Russia were effective in electing Trump as alleged (not that they were), that would not explain why the DNC has been run out of so many seats that its landslide blue wave has them with their fewest number of seats since the Great Depression.

Stop relitigating 2016, if you want to win 2020, democrats. You lost. Get over it.
    The biggest con is that you bought his bullshit the first time, and are ignorantly going back for seconds.

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are an idiot. "How dare you respond to me in response to me responding to you!!!!"

I don't give a shit you don't give a shit. don't respond to me if you do not want me to respond to you, butthurt.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

The biggest con in modern history isn't that Trump won. It is that the democrats who lost to Trump have convinced their base that they are not to blame for the loss and if they double and triple down on the same strategy that lost, magically it will work.

If the left wants to defeat Trump should he run again, they need to come up with a new strategy that does not involve blaming Russia and grand conspiracies for the Clinton campaign getting it wrong and all the professional pundits getting it wrong. Even if Russia tried to interfere with the election, it does not change that the DNC's hundreds of millions in ad spending wasn't negated by some hashtags and memes. It is little more than "Look! A squirrel!!" CYA.

Here is something to ponder--even if Russia were effective in electing Trump as alleged (not that they were), that would not explain why the DNC has been run out of so many seats that its landslide blue wave has them with their fewest number of seats since the Great Depression.

Stop relitigating 2016, if you want to win 2020, democrats. You lost. Get over it.
    Hillary was the worse possible pick the Democrats could have run.
    But then Trump was the worse pick the Republican party could have run.
    What a shithole pick the American people had to pick from.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (07-14-2018), Irish Exit (07-14-2018)

21. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by One foot on a banana peel View Post
    Hillary was the worse possible pick the Democrats could have run.
    But then Trump was the worse pick the Republican party could have run.
    What a shithole pick the American people had to pick from.
    Which is why I voted for crazy Jill Stein.