Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest Con In Modern History

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Default Biggest Con In Modern History

The biggest con in modern history isn't that Trump won. It is that the democrats who lost to Trump have convinced their base that they are not to blame for the loss and if they double and triple down on the same strategy that lost, magically it will work.

If the left wants to defeat Trump should he run again, they need to come up with a new strategy that does not involve blaming Russia and grand conspiracies for the Clinton campaign getting it wrong and all the professional pundits getting it wrong. Even if Russia tried to interfere with the election, it does not change that the DNC's hundreds of millions in ad spending wasn't negated by some hashtags and memes. It is little more than "Look! A squirrel!!" CYA.

Here is something to ponder--even if Russia were effective in electing Trump as alleged (not that they were), that would not explain why the DNC has been run out of so many seats that its landslide blue wave has them with their fewest number of seats since the Great Depression.

Stop relitigating 2016, if you want to win 2020, democrats. You lost. Get over it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (07-14-2018), leaningright (07-14-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    The biggest con in modern history isn't that Trump won. It is that the democrats who lost to Trump have convinced their base that they are not to blame for the loss and if they double and triple down on the same strategy that lost, magically it will work.

If the left wants to defeat Trump should he run again, they need to come up with a new strategy that does not involve blaming Russia and grand conspiracies for the Clinton campaign getting it wrong and all the professional pundits getting it wrong. Even if Russia tried to interfere with the election, it does not change that the DNC's hundreds of millions in ad spending wasn't negated by some hashtags and memes. It is little more than "Look! A squirrel!!" CYA.

Here is something to ponder--even if Russia were effective in electing Trump as alleged (not that they were), that would not explain why the DNC has been run out of so many seats that its landslide blue wave has them with their fewest number of seats since the Great Depression.

Stop relitigating 2016, if you want to win 2020, democrats. You lost. Get over it.

I think you are mostly right.. but consider for a moment that 48 Republicans are quitting Congress (last count)..........

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-15-2018), Guno צְבִי (07-15-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

YOUR SIDE WON.

FOR CHRIST'S SAKE...TAKE THE WIN WITH A BIT OF CLASS.

STOP WITH THE BULLSHIT.

YOUR SIDE WON.

I UNDERSTAND THAT THE AMERICAN RIGHT HAS SO LITTLE CLASS THAT IT CANNOT LOSE WITH ANY DIGNITY AT ALL...BUT JESUS H. CHRIST...YOU GUYS WON.

TRY TO PRETEND YOU HAVE SOME CLASS...AND ENJOY IT RATHER THAN GROVELLING IN THE MUD.

GET OVER THE WIN YOURSELVES.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    I think you are mostly right.. but consider for a moment that 48 Republicans are quitting Congress (last count)..........
    That happens and really doesn't matter as far as 2020. It would actually help Trump with voters if the GOP were to lose one chamber. He could blame everything on that instead of not having gotten anything done much to help them, "But when you give me the Senate back, we will finish what we started!!!" I have my doubts about there being a 2018 blue wave though. "Trump's a mean bully!!!!" doesn't inspire much confidence in the DNC itself. I mean we were told he couldn't be trusted with nuclear weapons and so far not only has he not launched one, he is at least appearing to try to make progress with North Korea. That may be his "Only Nixon Can Go To China" moment.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    YOUR SIDE WON....
    Then why is Trump in the White House instead of Bernie or Dr. Jill Stein? Those were my sides.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

That happens and really doesn't matter as far as 2020. It would actually help Trump with voters if the GOP were to lose one chamber. He could blame everything on that instead of not having gotten anything done much to help them, "But when you give me the Senate back, we will finish what we started!!!" I have my doubts about there being a 2018 blue wave though. "Trump's a mean bully!!!!" doesn't inspire much confidence in the DNC itself. I mean we were told he couldn't be trusted with nuclear weapons and so far not only has he not launched one, he is at least appearing to try to make progress with North Korea. That may be his "Only Nixon Can Go To China" moment.

Maybe Americans will remember Trump University.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-15-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-14-2018)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Maybe Americans will remember Trump University.
    I hope the DNC has more going for it than some New York long-shot manufactured 11th hour stunt to swing the election this fall. It would backfire on the DNC if they try to play that card at the height of the election in the midst of all the other investigations going on with Russia, etc. especially since he won't be on the ticket.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (07-14-2018)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Then why is Trump in the White House instead of Bernie or Dr. Jill Stein? Those were my sides.
    YOUR SIDE WAS ANYONE BUT HILLARY CLINTON!

Your side won.

Be happy with it.

Or continue to crab.

Your choice.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post

Your side won.

Be happy with it.

Or continue to crab.

Your choice.
    In a manner of speaking. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. In the mean time, unless the DNC wants to keep getting its ass whipped, they may want to come up with both new strategies and tactics. Right now they are like Troy the day after they found that pretty horse outside their gates.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,398 Times in 53,276 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's cute. The problem is here, of course, that we do not blame the Russians for Trump winning. (Which he didn't, btw, he lost by 3 million votes; he just played the EC game better.) The (D)s picked a crappy candidate and that candidate ran a crappy campaign.

It is a fact that the Russians meddled in our election. That's the whole point. It is not who they picked to back or who actually won -- the entire point here is that a foreign power which is not friendly toward our interests fucked around in our elections.

Why are you guys okay with that?

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-15-2018), Cypress (07-14-2018), Frank Apisa (07-14-2018)

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,831 Times in 17,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,597 Times in 4,275 Posts

Trump is a disgusting bully. he bullied the punk ass Repubs right out of their backbones, They never stand up to him, and he knows nothing. Trumps and his staffs complicity in the campaign with russia. will take his admin down. Anyone with an open mind would be shocked by the Trump first 1- 1/2 years. The posssibility that he can destroy NATO should sicken you. His sucking up to Russia is offensive and suggest Trump is after a new world order, Trumps country and Russia against NATO. The dictators against the democracies.
    Last edited by Nordberg; 07-15-2018 at 03:15 PM.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-15-2018), Frank Apisa (07-14-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-14-2018)

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,831 Times in 17,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,597 Times in 4,275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    That's cute. The problem is here, of course, that we do not blame the Russians for Trump winning. (Which he didn't, btw, he lost by 3 million votes; he just played the EC game better.) The (D)s picked a crappy candidate and that candidate ran a crappy campaign.

It is a fact that the Russians meddled in our election. That's the whole point. It is not who they picked to back or who actually won -- the entire point here is that a foreign power which is not friendly toward our interests fucked around in our elections.

Why are you guys okay with that?
    TRump did not play the EC game better. He was shocked that he won and knew nothing about the EC until it made him prez. Russia helped trump, so it is not a crime. Russia will do again this year, because they will still help Trump. Trump has done nothing to stop Russia from doing it again. You now why not. if they were helping the DEms, Trump would have shut it down.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-14-2018)

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

The biggest con in modern history isn't that Trump won.
    Are you content to have a person of that character as POTUS and ex officio leader of the free world?

I don't know whether he conspired with a predatory foreign power to help him win the election, but frankly it wouldn't surprise me if he did. There has been no other president, from any party, of whom I would say that.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aarr! For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-15-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-14-2018)

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    He was shocked that he won and knew nothing about the EC until it made him prez.
    He was shocked that he won, but he did know something about the EC. On election night 2008 he was damning the EC system because he thought Obama was winning the presidency on a minority vote. He was wrong, of course, as he is about many things.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Aarr! For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-14-2018)

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,398 Times in 53,276 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seeker View Post
    He was shocked that he won, but he did know something about the EC. On election night 2008 he was damning the EC system because he thought Obama was winning the presidency on a minority vote. He was wrong, of course, as he is about many things.
    I forgot about that.