Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: College football starts in 7 weeks!!

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,417 Times in 16,406 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

So many different stories....even from the guy who originally reported it....and the wife of the who's texting and making claim.......
    We'll see....

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Norah View Post
    Right but apparently one of the text messages from Meyers wife to the assistant coach’s wife said that he spoke to his assistant coach and the coach denied everything. So based on that it sounds as if Meyer knew about it. Why Meyer would lie though in that press conference about not knowing anything about it is what has gotten him in trouble. It sounds like he is protecting the coach and not the victim. Choosing an individual who he has a long relationship with over his own integrity and the programs integrity. It’s all self inflicted it seems.
    Well again....that's alleged victim. There have been no domestic violence charges pressed against Smith.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Well again....that's alleged victim. There have been no domestic violence charges pressed against Smith.
    That is correct...facebook is just Blowing up....

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

Reports are that she was encouraged to not press charges by people close to Meyer and Smith since it would cause him to lose his job and harm her since she wasn’t working and not divorced at the time. She also sent pictures of bruises to coaches wives. Meyer and Smith have a long working relationship and Smith’s grandfather was Meyers mentor. Meyer and his wife even helped Smith and his wife years back for similar abuse. Are you sure you are not letting your passions for your school and community cloud your judgement?

That’s all beside the point anyway though. What has Meyer in trouble is despite all of the facts coming out about it he lied about knowledge of it at the Big 10 media week which is what has him in trouble since he clearly knew. The known evidence to this point leans heavily that he knew. So why lie?
    Last edited by Norah; 08-02-2018 at 01:20 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Norah For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (08-02-2018)

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,763 Times in 33,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Reports are that she was encouraged to not press charges by people close to Meyer and Smith since it would cause him to lose his job and harm her since she wasn’t working and not divorced at the time. She also sent pictures of bruises to coaches wives. Meyer and Smith have a long working relationship and Smith’s grandfather was Meyers mentor. Meyer and his wife even helped Smith and his wife years back for similar abuse. Are you sure you are not letting your passions for your school and community cloud your judgement?

That’s all beside the point anyway though. What has Meyer in trouble is despite all of the facts coming out about it he lied about knowledge of it at the Big 10 media week which is what has him in trouble since he clearly knew. The known evidence to this point leans heavily that he knew. So why lie?
    Hello Norah, welcome back, getting ready for school? Busy summer?

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Hello Norah, welcome back, getting ready for school? Busy summer?
    I actually graduated this past May so I’m definitely not getting ready for school right now. My summers been good thanks for asking. Did and doing some traveling, some competing, some fishing, and work.

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,763 Times in 33,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

I actually graduated this past May so I’m definitely not getting ready for school right now. My summers been good thanks for asking. Did and doing some traveling, some competing, some fishing, and work.
    Congratulations on your graduation.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Norah (08-02-2018)

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Actually the text messages were to his wife.
    Yes, the victim was texting with Urban's wife a good bit. Mrs. Meyer was obviously very concerned about the young woman.

I think it is a pretty hard sell that she was so compassionate about the young woman, but never mentioned it to her husband for 3 years.

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

According to USAToday, the records show the police were called out to their residence on 9 different occasions.

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    According to USAToday, the records show the police were called out to their residence on 9 different occasions.
    Do they mention that no charges were ever filed?
    Here we go with texts and stories that are years old....coming out now because her husband was fired....
    Let the investigation be carried out before passing judgment on the head coach....

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

If that is true and there is documentary evidence to that fact then yes...his ass needs to be fired.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Do they mention that no charges were ever filed?
    Here we go with texts and stories that are years old....coming out now because her husband was fired....
    Let the investigation be carried out before passing judgment on the head coach....
    I'm not sure what the 3 year time span has to do with the text messages. They are what they are, whether they were revealed 3 years ago or yesterday.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to WinterBorn For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (08-02-2018)

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure what the 3 year time span has to do with the text messages. They are what they are, whether they were revealed 3 years ago or yesterday.
    Toxic TOP has never met a victim of crime that she couldn't somehow blame for being a victim. No charges filed? Not a victim. Happened five years ago? Not a victim. Drinking before being raped? Not a victim. Assaulted while being a woman alone out after dark? Not a victim.

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Fishing!!! That's you in your profile pic with the honkin huge bass? Nice to meet you!

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Just do what we are all doing here....read all the information that is available and listen to all the interviews. And wait for the investigation to be completed. A special, independent board will be handling everything for the University.... (If you're not sure what the time span has to do with this, then you aren't reading, watching, and waiting before you pass final judgment...)
    I do appreciate your civil responses and reactions to my posts... (some around here are obviously incapable of doing that and really takes away from the discussion-sorrry-she follows me around and does that