Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: College football starts in 7 weeks!!

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    The Bucks have a good shot at it but the Big10 East is real tough this year. More than likely they’re will be four teams with 9 wins or more. I’m making no predictions after the last two years when the CFP made two very bad decisions. The CFP needs to start docking the SEC teams for four game non conference schedule and no true road games against top 5 conference opponents. If the SEC had played 9 conference games there wouldn’t have been two SEC teams in the playoffs. A situation that the CFP was meant to discourage. Neutral field games during the regular season should be prohibited.
    Mott, we have been through this before. Playing more conference games is great. But can also be meaningless.

In 2017 Ohio State played 9 conference games. But 5 of those games were against opponents who could not manage to win more games than they lost. Alabama, on the other hand played 8 conference games and only 2 of those opponents had losing records.

7 of the 12 teams Ohio State played ended the season with losing records. For Alabama it was 4 of the 12. When you want to claim Rutgers as part of your bragging about schedules, you may have an issue with your schedule.

Yes, OSU only plays 3 out-of-conference games. But 2 of those games are against teams with a combined record of 6-18 for last year. Of course, including Oregon State and their 1-11 season skews that some.

I look forward to getting 9 conference games on our schedule. But if you think that will mean there won't be an SEC team in the playoffs, you are way off base.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 21 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    This is nonsense. "continuity problem"? Yeah, I get that you want to see someone else win the championship. Fine. All it takes is for a team to step up.

The reason Alabama has done what it has done is that it requires excellence. Clemson stepped up and beat Bama in the NC game 2 years ago. Ohio State beat Bama in the playoff game a few years ago.
    Well, if you're a Bama fan, you *should* want them to win. Just like Oakland should root for the Warriors, Boston pulling for the Patriots, etc.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

I’ll be interested to see how much of an impact Jimbo Fisher has with A&M this year. Sometimes those first years can be really surprising. They could give Alabama some trouble if that happens. In the Big 12 I’m hoping Texas Tech can break through since I really like Kliff Kingsbury but with Mahomes gone it will be tough, and I’ll also be curious if Baylor has a turnaround.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello. I'm very happy that football in college will begin in 7 weeks. I love football in college. I believe that football develops students from the college. The letter also develops students from the college. But do not necessarily write yourself. You can buy paper here - au.papersowl.com. I wish the students from the college who play in the football team - good luck.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Norah View Post
    I’ll be interested to see how much of an impact Jimbo Fisher has with A&M this year. Sometimes those first years can be really surprising. They could give Alabama some trouble if that happens. In the Big 12 I’m hoping Texas Tech can break through since I really like Kliff Kingsbury but with Mahomes gone it will be tough, and I’ll also be curious if Baylor has a turnaround.
    Norah! Nice to see you back. Love that pic. I caught a bass about like that size during the 4th of July weekend. Good fun!
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Norah (08-01-2018)

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well this year may be sunk. Son of a …….

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

TOP (08-02-2018)

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Well this year may be sunk. Son of a …….
    It sucks. I wanted Bama to have a shot at payback on OSU. Even if nothing comes of all this, the distraction could easily ruin the season. And if they show that Coach Meyer knew? Gonna need a new coach. Hard to do at the beginning of the season.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WinterBorn For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (08-02-2018)

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,621 Times in 16,555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Everything is going to work out, one way or another...patience at this point is so important for everyone.... both in and out of the program to let the fact come in before making a judgement...
    but....No coach is immune...we know that...

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Everything is going to work out, one way or another...patience at this point is so important for everyone.... both in and out of the program to let the fact come in before making a judgement...
    but....No coach is immune...we know that...
    True. I think a lot of people are jumping the gun. First it has to be established that Zach Smith actually abused his ex wife. So far he hasn’t even been charged with domestic abuse let alone convicted.

Secondly Dan Wetzel at Yahoo Sports imeadiately reported the Meyer should be fired and we all know that Wetzel has such shit for brains it’s amazing he can remember to breath. If Wetzel thinks he should be fired then there’s a high probability he won’t as Wetzel rarely, if ever, knows what he’s talking about.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

TOP (08-02-2018)

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,621 Times in 16,555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

True. I think a lot of people are jumping the gun. First it has to be established that Zach Smith actually abused his ex wife. So far he hasn’t even been charged with domestic abuse let alone convicted.

Secondly Dan Wetzel at Yahoo Sports imeadiately reported the Meyer should be fired and we all know that Wetzel has such shit for brains it’s amazing he can remember to breath.
    All true...this shouldn't even be an issue involving Coach Myers....it's a mess, though, isn't it?

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    It sucks. I wanted Bama to have a shot at payback on OSU. Even if nothing comes of all this, the distraction could easily ruin the season. And if they show that Coach Meyer knew? Gonna need a new coach. Hard to do at the beginning of the season.
    Meh I don’t think it would hurt that much this year. We have three coaches with the experience to fill in as head coach. It’s down the road it will hurt as if Meyer is fired it will enhance OSU’s reputation as the graveyard of coaches.

Meyer has done an excellent job of recruiting not only great athletes but young men of good character. He’s done far better at OSU than he did in Florida in that respect.

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    All true...this shouldn't even be an issue involving Coach Myers....it's a mess, though, isn't it?
    Shades of Zeke Elliot who essentially got suspended for Ray Rice hitting his wife. Meyer could get fired because Harvey Weinstein’s sexual abuse of women.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

leaningright (08-03-2018), TOP (08-02-2018)

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Meh I don’t think it would hurt that much this year. We have three coaches with the experience to fill in as head coach. It’s down the road it will hurt as if Meyer is fired it will enhance OSU’s reputation as the graveyard of coaches.

Meyer has done an excellent job of recruiting not only great athletes but young men of good character. He’s done far better at OSU than he did in Florida in that respect.
    The existence of text messages implying that Meyer was told about the abuse as well as an apparent lie from Meyer in a recent press conference that he didn’t know of the incidents is pretty damning though.

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Norah View Post
    The existence of text messages implying that Meyer was told about the abuse as well as an apparent lie from Meyer in a recent press conference that he didn’t know of the incidents is pretty damning though.
    Actually the text messages were to his wife.

20. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Actually the text messages were to his wife.
    Right but apparently one of the text messages from Meyers wife to the assistant coach’s wife said that he spoke to his assistant coach and the coach denied everything. So based on that it sounds as if Meyer knew about it. Why Meyer would lie though in that press conference about not knowing anything about it is what has gotten him in trouble. It sounds like he is protecting the coach and not the victim. Choosing an individual who he has a long relationship with over his own integrity and the programs integrity. It’s all self inflicted it seems.
    Last edited by Norah; 08-02-2018 at 09:15 AM.