2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Boom what?
    With all due respect brother .. your penchant to inflate the differences between Blacks, liberals, progressives, and democrats is no secret. Sure you're not surprised.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    First, if I'm mischarcterizing your thoughts, I apologize. That being said, I don't think I am.

You speak to exactly what I'm talking about with claims of progressives and racism. We have indeed talked about this before.

Question: Do republicans talk about market-rate housing and the best interests of the poor? No, they don't.

Breed does talk about it and she's now the Mayor of one of the most liberal cities in America .. elected by liberals and progressives .. not conservatives.

Not trying to be argumentative, but the black population of SF is only 6% .. and the liberals and progressives there elected a black woman .. not the first African-American elected a Mayor of SF.
    I voted for London Breed. Just as I voted for Ed Lee prior to her. And I voted for Gavin Newsome and Willie Brown prior to Lee. No Republicans run for Mayor in San Francisco. And all candidates essentially support 95% of the same things. Yet Breed was deemed a "moderate" because she took white tech billionaire Ron Conway's money. Also because she supports some market rate housing.

She got 38% of the first place votes. Kimnd Mark Leno*were the two other main candidates who ran and they were considered the progressives, not Breed.

I'm not sure I've ever said liberals wouldn't vote for black candidates so I'm not sure where that idea comes from. And this story really has nothing to do with poor other than the joke I made which was strictly to point out the ridiculousness of SF housing costs.

*was trying to say Jane Kim and Mark Leno

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loving91390 View Post
    What does that have to do with anything ?

YOU don't think she is a whack-a-loon ?

If that's the case .... So. Central LA ... Deserves what it gets .
    :0) You voted for and still support a clown who doesn't have a clue about what he's doing.

But as you say .. you deserve what you get.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

With all due respect brother .. your penchant to inflate the differences between Blacks, liberals, progressives, and democrats is no secret. Sure you're not surprised.
    Sure, I'll argue all day long about policies I feel are harmful. No question about that.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,912 Times in 3,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,032 Posts

"Poor" Quack-oh.
    We have the intellect to imagine the finality of our own demise but do not have the sophistication to overcome our survival instinct and accept it.
    Solution? Magical thinking and childish promises of everlasting life.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun
    a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
    Ask yourself honestly if this describes what you believe to be true.
    If the answer is yes, you are a racist.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don’t believe real estate markets are a solution to the problem of wealth gap. Jobs and education. Give those away/ provide them for the common good.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I voted for London Breed. Just as I voted for Ed Lee prior to her. And I voted for Gavin Newsome and Willie Brown prior to Lee. No Republicans run for Mayor in San Francisco. And all candidates essentially support 95% of the same things. Yet Breed was deemed a "moderate" because she took white tech billionaire Ron Conway's money. Also because she supports some market rate housing.

She got 38% of the first place votes. Jane Kim and Mark Leno were the two other main candidates who ran and they were considered the progressives, not Breed.

I'm not sure I've ever said liberals wouldn't vote for black candidates so I'm not sure where that idea comes from. And this story really has nothing to do with poor other than the joke I made which was strictly to point out the ridiculousness of SF housing costs.
    Republicans in SF are about as welcome as a heart attack. :0) .. and yes, there are very good reasons for that.

I don't think you've ever said that liberals wouldn't vote for black candidates, but you have implied that they don't really like them .. don't want to live next to them. You've done that many times.

It speaks volumes that Breed is the Mayor of SF with only a 6% black population. It speaks volumes to the character and integrity of liberals, progressives, and democrats.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sure, I'll argue all day long about policies I feel are harmful. No question about that.
    I never have a problem with that. But you often tend to inflate supposed disagreements with people of color and liberals.

It's not that I think you don't like black people .. I think you don't like liberals.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    I don’t believe real estate markets are a solution to the problem of wealth gap. Jobs and education. Give those away/ provide them for the common good.
    I agree.

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You don't understand real estate then. First off real estate is a major cause of the wealth gap going back decades. Whites were able to buy homes at entry level prices while blacks weren't. When the fair housing laws were finally passed housing prices had increased enough that starter homes were out of the range for many black families. Today many white families who have owned their homes for 30 or 40 years are sitting on a gold mine. Blacks families don't have that luxury.

And San Francisco has one of the largest inequalities of any city or area of the country and if you are middle or lower middle class it is very hard to live here. So yes, real estate is a major factor in the wealth gap.

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I never have a problem with that. But you often tend to inflate supposed disagreements with people of color and liberals.

It's not that I think you don't like black people .. I think you don't like liberals.
    If I disliked liberals that much I wouldn't have lived in San Francisco for 25 years. I have many friends who are political liberals. That isn't a make or break issue to me over friendship. What I do have a problem are when liberals call me racist. And I'm not even talking about Desh and TTQ64 who do it every time they post to me. I'm talking about people like Owl and Rana who have done it. So when people hide behind the "I'm a democrat/liberal so I can't be racist but I can call you one" that does piss me off and yes I do respond.

Edit: I guess I could add the LV kid from today who called me racist when we were talking about pensions and race was never brought up once. He did it because it's a powerful charge and clearly one people don't want to be labeled with and he knew he could use it as a weapon. Yes, that does piss me off.
    Last edited by cawacko; 07-13-2018 at 09:26 PM.

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If I disliked liberals that much I wouldn't have lived in San Francisco for 25 years. I have many friends who are political liberals. That isn't a make or break issue to me over friendship. What I do have a problem are when liberals call me racist. And I'm not even talking about Desh and TTQ64 who do it every time they post to me. I'm talking about people like Owl and Rana who have done it. So when people hide behind the "I'm a democrat/liberal so I can't be racist but I can call you one" that does piss me off and yes I do respond.

Edit: I guess I could add the LV kid from today who called me racist when we were talking about pensions and race was never brought up once. He did it because it's a powerful charge and clearly one people don't want to be labeled with and he knew he could use it as a weapon. Yes, that does piss me off.
    I don't call you a racist, don't think you are one .. but you're a republican .. the party of racists.

The next time you get pissed off because someone calls you a racist .. stop and think before you get mad. You're a republican. :0)

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We have a 4% unemployment rate nationally. SF is under 3%. How are jobs now the reason for the inequality? And if you say minimum wage SF has already raised it to $15 yet that doesn't even come close to being able to pay for the average one bedroom which costs $3K/mnth. And forget buying. I'm looking at possibly selling my condo it would be priced around $1,350/sq.ft. Most people can't afford that.