Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Thread: poll:who was best Pres in your lifetime

1. #406 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    People hate war. Nobody wants a president that prolongs a war. Bush Sr just followed the agreed upon UN resolution. Americans were glad the war was over and their boys and girls were coming home. Going after Saddam would've taken another year and more dead American soldiers. Do you really think Americans wanted that? I don't.
    But Saying you're not going to raise taxes and then going back on that promise betrays the voters trust. They don't forget it.
    Do you think America wanted almost 10 years of no-fly zones followed by the eventual invasion of Iraq to remove someone because the job hadn't been done right the first time? For people to hate war, we sure do spend a lot of time in it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (07-16-2018)

3. #407 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,365 Times in 6,037 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Do you think America wanted almost 10 years of no-fly zones followed by the eventual invasion of Iraq to remove someone because the job hadn't been done right the first time? For people to hate war, we sure do spend a lot of time in it.
    Do you really think that Americans considered 10 years of no-fly zones followed by the eventual invasion of Iraq to remove Saddam as the only other alternative to war? Think about what you're saying. Nobody in 1991 could look into the future. Not even you. Your point is flaccid and you have 20/20 hindsight.
    You say "For people to hate war, we sure do spend a lot of time in it." people don't declare war. Governments do. Are you trying to convince us that people DON'T hate war? Good luck with that.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

4. #408 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    Do you really think that Americans considered 10 years of no-fly zones followed by the eventual invasion of Iraq to remove Saddam as the only other alternative to war? Think about what you're saying. Nobody in 1991 could look into the future. Not even you. Your point is flaccid and you have 20/20 hindsight.
    You say "For people to hate war, we sure do spend a lot of time in it." people don't declare war. Governments do. Are you trying to convince us that people DON'T hate war? Good luck with that.
    Americans don't feel great unless their sabers are all a'flurry. Your governments not the people shtick shows a fundamental misunderstanding of western democracy there, Ivan Dat Phu-sakov.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (07-16-2018)

6. #409 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,365 Times in 6,037 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Americans don't feel great unless their sabers are all a'flurry. Your governments not the people shtick shows a fundamental misunderstanding of western democracy there, Ivan Dat Phu-sakov.
    Americans don't feel great unless their sabers are all a flurry? Really? Where does it say that? Or did you just pull that our of your assumption? I hope you forgive me but I don't believe you. You have zero facts or data to base that on. I mean it sounds real eloquent and all but we all know it's bull shit.
    People hate war. All people hate war. People have always hated war. Good hates war. What is it good for. Absolutely nothing.
    The fact that you think otherwise shows a fundamental misunderstanding of human nature and faith in humanity.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

7. #410 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    I think you might have left a recession out of the mix, there.
    Again... two quarters out of 12 years. One of which was barely negative. It was a very mild blip in the overall boom.

8. #411 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    1. So, the tax cuts Obama did were for working people, and were deficit neutral.
    2. Even with those tax cuts, it still wasn't enough to make the recovery stronger because when people get tax cuts, they don't spend them. They save them. Particularly the wealthy.
    3. If you are trying to recover an economy from a collapse, increasing savings isn't going to reverse the contraction; only spending will.
    4. Obama had to put those dumb tax cuts in there to secure the votes of Blue Dog democrats who were still married to that stupid dogma from the 1990's.
    5. The direct spending is what created the most jobs out of the stimulus, according to the CBO and the Senate Finance Committee's study of the ARRA after it was done.
    6. Shut the hell up forever.
    you think those living paycheck to paycheck are going to 'save money' when they get a tax break? LMAO

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

cawacko (07-16-2018), CFM (07-16-2018)

10. #412 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    you think those living paycheck to paycheck are going to 'save money' when they get a tax break? LMAO
    Of course not, which is the point.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

11. #413 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Of course not, which is the point.
    That's why Keynesians support tax cuts. And you haven't shown how they were deficit neutral

12. #414 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    That's why Keynesians support tax cuts. And you haven't shown how they were deficit neutral
    Keynesians don't support tax cuts for the rich.

13. #415 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Keynesians don't support tax cuts for the rich.
    The stimulus tax cuts, according to Obama, was about putting money in the hands of those who will spend it. That's why it was short term. It was the opposite of supply side. But because you don't understand any of this you just shout racism because it's your default mechanism

14. #416 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The stimulus tax cuts, according to Obama, was about putting money in the hands of those who will spend it. That's why it was short term. It was the opposite of supply side. But because you don't understand any of this you just shout racism because it's your default mechanism
    Yeah, and he did the tax cut because blue dogs didn't want to increase spending.

So how is this an indictment of anything I've said?

15. #417 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah, and he did the tax cut because blue dogs didn't want to increase spending.

So how is this an indictment of anything I've said?
    The stimulus was a combination tax cut and increased spending. You claimed the tax cut was revenue neutral but have shown nothing to back that claim.

16. #418 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The stimulus was a combination tax cut and increased spending. You claimed the tax cut was revenue neutral but have shown nothing to back that claim.
    The payroll tax cut was not a part of the ARRA.

17. #419 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The payroll tax cut was not a part of the ARRA.
    It was part of the "stimulus". Not sure why you are trying to argue technicalities

18. #420 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It was part of the "stimulus". Not sure why you are trying to argue technicalities
    The stimulus is the ARRA, dude.

It's the same thing.

The payroll tax cuts came almost two years after the ARRA was passed.