Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: poll:who was best Pres in your lifetime

1. #211 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Speaker Nancy Pelosi: We Have To Pass The Health Care Bill So You Can Find Out What's In It
    I'm so glad you posted this because it speaks to the inherent dishonesty of Conservatives and how Conservatives debate.

What Pelosi actually said was:

"We have to pass it so you can know what's in it outside the fog of controversey"

So by cutting off the second half of that statement, you inevitably prove her entire statement true!

Cutting off the second half of that statement is the fog of controversy Pelosi was referring to. What it means is that you Conservatives deliberately lied about the health care bill, even lying about what Pelosi said about the health care bill, and that the American people will have to find out the truth of the bill once it was passed because you all lied about it.

Cutting off the second half of what Pelosi said creates the fog of controversy she mentioned.

So all you do when you post this stupid attack is help make Pelosi's case even stronger.

You are a liar, and you're not even covert in how you lie.

BTW - Obamacare has a higher approval rating than Trump does right now!
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (07-13-2018), TTQ64 (07-13-2018)

3. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,330 Times in 6,018 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    If the stock market is what's important to you then you ought to be thanking helicopter Ben and Yellen.

Edit: And since they did create this market bubble how long you planning on holding all equities?
    So making money in the stock market isn't important to you? Maybe you don't make enough money in your garbage truck driver job to invest but most Americans do invest in the market and I'm sure they are giddy with the $$$$$ trillions of returns and wealth they received during President Obama's eight years.

And who said I hold "all equities"? Was that another fantasy that you dreamed up? I have investments in equities, bonds, real estate and cash. I trimmed my exposure to equities in January. I've really done quite well since President Obama was elected. Like I said, I was able to retire five years early.

America Loves President Obama!!!

You really need to stick to facts and stop making shit up. Otherwise, you'll go on my IGNORE list like Postmortem Pussy, Turd Defector and Text Driver's a moron.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

4. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Obama did, and got the ARRA and ACA passed.

Then Conservatives lied about the ACA during the 2010 elections and gained power, then didn't do anything with the power their gained. Other than the Sequester, which was a disaster.
    There was no lie from Conservatives, those were all from Obama and the architects of Obamacare. We didn't get to keep our doctors; we aren't more healthy because of Obamacare; costs have skyrocketed; it didn't reduce the deficit and we didn't get to keep our existing plans.

Obama lying about Premium Costs
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

5. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That chart could run to the end of his term and it wouldn't look less anemic. Obama's recovery was the worst in American history. You can't put enough lipstic on that pig to cover it up.
    Well, actually no. If you bothered to read the link graciously provided to you, you'd know that his average monthly job growth was better than Bush's.

6. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Carter had better job growth over his four years than every Conservative President since.
    Link please

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

Truth Detector (07-13-2018)

8. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wrong; but then, you are consistent. Franklin Raines gave us the mortgage mess and when Republicans tried to reign it in, Democrats obstructed. Watch the video until you get it okay?
    GSE's weren't responsible for the subprime bubble, nor were they responsible for the economic collapse. Your hastily slapped together subprime loans were:

Screenshot_2016-12-19_17_39_56.jpg

9. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I don't mean to be an ass but do you understand who/what the Fed is and what they do? Not everyone does which is why I ask (and based on your question)
    Since the start of the Trump/Russia tax cut, the DJIA is flat for the year, and was down for Q2.

Fed's got nothing to do with that.

10. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    So making money in the stock market isn't important to you? Maybe you don't make enough money in your garbage truck driver job to invest but most Americans do invest in the market and I'm sure they are giddy with the $$$$$ trillions of returns and wealth they received during President Obama's eight years.

And who said I hold "all equities"? Was that another fantasy that you dreamed up? I have investments in equities, bonds, real estate and cash. I trimmed my exposure to equities in January. I've really done quite well since President Obama was elected. Like I said, I was able to retire five years early.

America Loves President Obama!!!

You really need to stick to facts and stop making shit up. Otherwise, you'll go on my IGNORE list like Postmortem Pussy, Turd Defector and Text Driver's a moron.
    LOL, I see we have a bitter troll this morning.

Of course the stock market is important but that alone isn't determint of how history judges our best Presidents.

QE gave us our current asset bubble. I asked if you are holding equities for the long term or if you have concerns over the bubble bursting which it will. But hey, why would anyone ask a question like that? Put me on ignore troll.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

12. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    Reagan cut the budget indiscriminately, but bloated it in others - he actually grew gov't & bureaucracy during his tenure. His economic policies weren't sustainable, and (like Trump's) were designed for a feel-good re-election oriented boost and not long-term prosperity.

The Soviets were buried in debt any way that you slice it - they were through when Reagan took office, it just had to become a formality.

I give Reagan high marks for public leadership and restoring confidence to the nation, but his policies were - by & large - a disaster.
    Which is why the economy continued to boom for the next twelve years. Such a disaster!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

14. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Since the start of the Trump/Russia tax cut, the DJIA is flat for the year, and was down for Q2.

Fed's got nothing to do with that.
    The Fed and the raising of rates (and proposed rate hikes) have nothing to do with it? Wow, that's an interesting take.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

16. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    Bush Jr was responsible for the 2008 mortgage crisis and economic disaster.

Just look at the timeline:

2003: Bush Jr signs the American Dream Downpayment Act: https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archi...0031216-9.html

2004: The housing bubble starts. Millions of low income people buy homes they can't afford because Bush Jr pressured the banks to give them no-downpayment loans.

2007: Millions of low-income homeowners default (walk away) on their mortgages, putting pressure on banks holding the Lons.

2008: The crisis snowballs and the economy tanks.

Bush Jr: "Last year I set a goal to add 5.5 million new minority homeowners in America by the end of the decade. That is an attainable goal; that is an essential goal. And we're making progress toward that goal. In the past 18 months, more than 1 million minority families have become homeowners. (Applause.) And there's more that we can do to achieve the goal. The law I sign today will help us build on this progress in a very practical way.
    Many people are able to afford a monthly mortgage payment, but are unable to make the down payment. So this legislation will authorize $200 million per year in down payment assistance to at least 40,000 low-income families. These funds will help American families achieve their goals, and at the same time, strengthen our communities."

The radicalized right wing nut jobs have their script and talking points to try to deflect the blame to past presidents like Carter and Clinton but they fall on deaf ears.
    The evidence is overwhelming. Bush Jr caused the 2008 mortgage crisis and economic disaster.
    Nothing can change that fact. It's written in the history books and 100 years from now, everybody will be looking back at this time and realize Bush Jr was maybe the WORST PRESIDENT of all time (but, of course, that fucking moron in the White House will have Bush Jr beat by the time he's finished).

you forget the repeal of Glass Steagall in 1999. That is what started the housing crisis. That and Clinton and Bush chanting 'more home owners than ever before!'

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

18. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Which is why the economy continued to boom for the next twelve years. Such a disaster!
    It's interesting this argument in hindsight that Russia's economic failure was fait a compli because it definitely wasn't the attitude at the time

19. #223 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There was no lie from Conservatives, those were all from Obama and the architects of Obamacare. We didn't get to keep our doctors; we aren't more healthy because of Obamacare; costs have skyrocketed; it didn't reduce the deficit and we didn't get to keep our existing plans.
    1. Yes, Conservatives lied about Obamacare. In fact, their lie about Obamacare was 2010's "Lie of the Year"

2. You did get to keep your doctor so long as you enrolled in a health insurance plan your doctor accepted. So your inability to use the exchanges or act like an adult responsible for your health care isn't a fault of Obama's, it's a fault of yours.

3. How are we less healthy because of Obamacare? Show facts and cite sources for this wild claim.

4. Costs grew at a slower rate post-ACA than pre-ACA. But costs this fall are going to be the highest in years because of your Russia Tax Cut.

5. You could keep your plan if your plan met the qualifications. You say you "liked" your health care plan before...OK, what was it you liked about it? Because I suspect you only liked it because of the cost, not because it denied pre-existing conditions, and/or had lifetime caps. So what was it about your old health care plan you actually liked? Will you even say? No, because you're talking out of your ass.

20. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump is a disaster and his policies have been a disaster.
    That is an out and out lie and he hasn't even been in office for two years. What is it about you leftists and your prolific lying?

So far, wages have declined since the Russia Tax Cut, which runs in contradiction to the promises of $4000 pay increases for workers that Trump made.
    Those are more lies; I see that you live in an alternate universe bereft of facts and the truth.

U.S. adds 213,000 jobs in June; unemployment edges up as more people seek work

U.S. employers kept up a brisk hiring pace in June by adding 213,000 jobs, a sign of confidence in the economy

The growing optimism that people can find work suggested that the 9-year-old U.S. economic expansion — the second-longest on record — has the momentum to keep chugging along

The June jobs data showed an economy that may be on the cusp of producing stronger pay growth

Average hourly pay was up 2.7% in June from 12 months earlier

many employers have said they're feeling pressure to raise wages

A widespread availability of jobs and the prospect of higher wages at other employers made it harder to retain workers, she said.

Manufacturers added 36,000 jobs last month. The education and health sector added 54,000.

Over the past three months, the economy has produced a robust average monthly job gain of 211,000.

Economists are forecasting that economic growth accelerated to an annual pace of roughly 4% during the April-through-June quarter, about double the previous quarter's pace.

Housing starts have climbed 11% so far this year.

Retail sales jumped a strong 0.8% in May in a sign that consumers feel secure enough to spend.

Automakers added 12,000 jobs in June.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...06-story.html#
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

21. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Clinton didn't work with Republicans. He shut down the government and Republicans capitulated.
    Good lord; you need to stop the lying.