Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: HHS secretary: Separating immigrant families is ‘one of the great acts of American ge

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,747 Times in 33,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by United76America View Post
    The UN? lol. Go to the actual treaties that define how asylum seekers and refugees are handled. The UN is an antiquated piece of flaming garbage.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Your opinion, how about you post these treaties, since you are offering them as evidence. Thanks

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 313 Times in 276 Posts

Once again, libs are clueless.

It's a deterrent. Once these gate crashers learn they'll be seperated from their children, they'll be less likely to head to America.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Your opinion, how about you post these treaties, since you are offering them as evidence. Thanks
    The Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees.

The Convention Relating to the Status of Stateless Persons.

The Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees.

What you will find is that the people coming from Mexico, crossing the southern border, are not and cannot qualify as refugees. They are asylum seekers. There are different rules and regulations regarding them.

If an asylum seeker goes to a US embassy or to a legal port of entry, they're kept together with their family, put up in a hotel, and reviewed.

If a person crosses the border illegally and gets caught, and then in an attempt to save their ass they claim asylum, they've violated federal law and are detained. Per 8 U.S.C. 1229c, they're given a choice to be detained, separated, and reviewed, or to voluntarily leave the country. As it is not a deportation, they can then go to a legal port of entry an apply. If they choose to stay, they are separated because the parents have committed a federal crime and children don't get to go to jail with their parents regardless of citizenship.

This is all very simple and straightforward law that has existed for decades.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees.

The Convention Relating to the Status of Stateless Persons.

The Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees.

What you will find is that the people coming from Mexico, crossing the southern border, are not and cannot qualify as refugees. They are asylum seekers. There are different rules and regulations regarding them.

If an asylum seeker goes to a US embassy or to a legal port of entry, they're kept together with their family, put up in a hotel, and reviewed.

If a person crosses the border illegally and gets caught, and then in an attempt to save their ass they claim asylum, they've violated federal law and are detained. Per 8 U.S.C. 1229c, they're given a choice to be detained, separated, and reviewed, or to voluntarily leave the country. As it is not a deportation, they can then go to a legal port of entry an apply. If they choose to stay, they are separated because the parents have committed a federal crime and children don't get to go to jail with their parents regardless of citizenship.

This is all very simple and straightforward law that has existed for decades.

These are international treaties? You stated there were multiple international treaties, I don’t think these are treaties. I shall research this information before I comment further. Thank you

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    This is so wrong on multiple levels. (just common decency would dictate leaving a mother and her infant child together)
    Who made you the arbiter of common decency? Where was your faux poutrage when Obama was caging kids, separating families, and detaining asylees?

You want children locked up with adults? In detention cells?

What if the "mother" or "father" isn't even a blood relative? What then?

BTW, this practice was discontinued by Executive Order last month. Maybe you didn't hear.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasist View Post
    I shall research this information before I comment further. Thank you
    That may be a first for you, imbecile.

These are international treaties? You stated there were multiple international treaties, I don’t think these are treaties.
    The Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees, also known as the 1951 Refugee Convention, is a United Nations multilateral treaty that defines who is a refugee, and sets out the rights of individuals who are granted asylum and the responsibilities of nations that grant asylum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convention_Relating_to_the_Status_of_Refugees

The Convention relating to the Status of Stateless Persons is a 1954 United Nations multilateral treaty that aims to protect stateless individuals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convention_relating_to_the_Status_of_Stateless_Per sons

The Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees is a key treaty in international refugee law. It entered into force on 4 October 1967, and 146 countries are parties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protocol_Relating_to_the_Status_of_Refugees

You really are too stupid to be alive, aren't you?

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

These are international treaties? You stated there were multiple international treaties, I don’t think these are treaties. I shall research this information before I comment further. Thank you
    Okay they are indeed treaties UNITED NATION TREATIES. Didn’t you scoff at a site I provided that was related to UNITED NATIONS treaties. The post is #30. I’m laughing by too hard at you to be able to further this conversation.

You have a great great day and when you figure out your position on the U.N., maybe we can continue this discussion.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They are unilateral international treaties. The first has 144 signatories. Second has 23 but it is a much smaller document. Was mostly aimed at south American countries due to the political unrest at the time. Third has 144 signatories.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They are unilateral international treaties. The first has 144 signatories. Second has 23 but it is a much smaller document. Was mostly aimed at south American countries due to the political unrest at the time. Third has 144 signatories.

U.N. treaties, still laughing!

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by hvilleherb View Post
    Once again, libs are clueless.

It's a deterrent. Once these gate crashers learn they'll be seperated from their children, they'll be less likely to head to America.
    It's ironic that they pretend not to know that the Obama Administration was slapped down in court for using the same "deterrent".

As I've mentioned before, Trump got slapped the same way Obama did - by the Flores settlement.

A two-decade-old court settlement, the Flores settlement, and a law called the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act both specify how the government must treat migrant children. They require that migrant children be placed in "the least restrictive environment" or sent to live with family members. They also limit how long families with children can be detained; courts have interpreted that limit as 20 days.

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/19/621065383/what-we-know-family-separation-and-zero-tolerance-at-the-border

What the liberals either don't realizes (or are lying about) is that the practice was ended by Executive Order almost a month ago.

Now the "families" are being released as quickly as possible in accordance with Flores.

“Parents of children under the age of five are being reunified with their children, then released and enrolled into an alternative to detention (ATD) program, meaning they will be placed on an ankle monitor and released into the community,” said Matthew Albence, a senior official with US Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

The administration was left with few options after a series of court orders. A federal judge last month ordered the reunification of children under five by 10 July. That deadline was not met, officials acknowledged, while noting plans were under way on Tuesday to reunite up to 54 migrant children under five with their parents. There are an estimated 102 migrant children under five in federal custody, with a limited number of cases not qualifying for reunification due to the parents’ criminal background or signs of child abuse.

The administration additionally lost in an attempt to overturn a 1997 court precedent that says minors cannot be held for more than 20 days. In preserving the decades-old Flores settlement, Judge Dolly Gee also denied a DoJ request to suspend requirements that immigrant children be held only in facilities that meet state child welfare licensing regulations.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jul/11/trump-forced-to-reinstate-catch-and-release-after-court-defeats

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Okay they are indeed treaties UNITED NATION TREATIES. Didn’t you scoff at a site I provided that was related to UNITED NATIONS treaties. The post is #30. I’m laughing by too hard at you to be able to further this conversation. You have a great great day and when you figure out your position on the U.N., maybe we can continue this discussion.
    You were just humiliated, imbecile. Your pretense fools nobody.

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Okay they are indeed treaties UNITED NATION TREATIES. Didn’t you scoff at a site I provided that was related to UNITED NATIONS treaties. The post is #30. I’m laughing by too hard at you to be able to further this conversation.

You have a great great day and when you figure out your position on the U.N., maybe we can continue this discussion.
    You don't know the difference between the UN as an organization and a treaty?

The UN as an organization is garbage. They have committees made up of 10-20 countries that make announcements and decisions for all countries.

A treaty, even if facilitated by the UN, is subject to the negotiation of every single country that signs said treaty. So it's a negotiation between 144 countries. Not the representatives from a few countries making shit up to benefit them.

Think about this, the UN council for women's rights includes Saudi Arabia on the panel. Members include Iraq, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, and Turkmenistan. Countries where women have no rights.

The UN as an organization is a political organization that serves only to further the interests of whatever country serves on whatever panel at a certain time.

A treaty facilitated by the UN is negotiated by 100-200 countries and is not subject to the politicization of individual panels or countries.

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You shouldn't be laughing. You don't know the difference between the UN organizational structure and how a treaty is made.

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Die, imbecile. The world will be a better place.

International human rights instruments are treaties and other international documents relevant to international human rights law and the protection of human rights in general. They can be classified into two categories: declarations, adopted by bodies such as the United Nations General Assembly, which are not legally binding although they may be politically so as soft law; and conventions, which are legally binding instruments concluded under international law.

There are 9 core international human rights instruments. One example is the Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees and Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_human_rights_instruments#Global_2

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You shouldn't be laughing. You don't know the difference between the UN organizational structure and how a treaty is made.
    She's a notorious imbecile. PM me and I will tell you things that would seem incredible if they weren't true.