Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HHS secretary: Separating immigrant families is ‘one of the great acts of American ge

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,617 Times in 9,138 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default HHS secretary: Separating immigrant families is ‘one of the great acts of American ge

HHS secretary: Separating immigrant families is ‘one of the great acts of American generosity’ Go figure?!!

https://thinkprogress.org/hhs-secret...-b4b248cf502a/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

evince (07-12-2018), Jack (07-11-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is so wrong on multiple levels. (just common decency would dictate leaving a mother and her infant child together)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Cypress (07-11-2018), evince (07-12-2018), Phantasmal (07-11-2018), signalmankenneth (07-11-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,713 Times in 27,343 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Ken, I decided at least 12 months ago, that the ethics and morality of people who worship a pussy-grabbing, arrogant, vindictive, dim-witted Reality TV entertainer are beyond my ability to comprehend.

I am pretty sure the rest of humanity lives in a different moral milieu, than Trump boot-lickers.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-11-2018), mak2 (07-12-2018), Rune (07-12-2018), signalmankenneth (07-11-2018)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This is so wrong on multiple levels. (just common decency would dictate leaving a mother and her infant child together)
    When Americans commit federal crimes and go to jail, they don't get to being their kids with them. Illegal immigrants are subject to the same laws moron.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Ken, I decided at least 12 months ago, that the ethics and morality of people who worship a pussy-grabbing, arrogant, vindictive, dim-witted Reality TV entertainer are beyond my ability to comprehend.

I am pretty sure the rest of humanity lives in a different moral milieu, than Trump boot-lickers.
    P-grabbing. He said you could, hypothetical, not that he did. And who cares what a person said 10 years ago. Words are bullshit. You won't find many Americans who look at Trump and see a paragon of morality, however, if the choice is between someone who says mean things and someone who specializes in defending rapists and leaving Americans behind, I know who I'm choosing.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,194 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by United76America View Post
    When Americans commit federal crimes and go to jail, they don't get to being their kids with them. Illegal immigrants are subject to the same laws moron.

Yes, but the child isn’t put into a detention center with no plan on how to reunite them with their parent at some point. The child is usually with the other parent or a relative. This is a bogus comparison.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-11-2018)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

Arrogant: Obama may very well be the most arrogant man alive. Read some of his speeches and listen to how many times he says "I", how many times he congratulates himself.

Vindictive: Obama sicked the IRS on conservatives who campaigned against him then let Lois Lerner take the fall. His AG was held in contempt of Congress for lying his ass off to protect Obama.

Obama was the original celebrity president. And his only legacy is Donald Trump. Ask yourself this, if Obama's legacy was legal/constitutional/good, why was it so easy to destroy? Everything Obama did in 8 years was taken away in less than 2.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No it's not. Children can't be detained, which is why they're removed from their parents. They're put in foster care with child services. If an American child doesn't have a living relative, they're also put into foster care with child services.

If these people went to a legal port of entry and requested to be reviewed for asylum, they wouldn't be detained, they wouldn't beseparated, they would be put up in a hotel and would wait for their review. It's literally easier to apply for asylum legally than it is to cross illegally then request it.

And when a person enters illegally with their child they're given options. Detention and separation while they're reviewed (because the broke the law). Or a voluntary grant of removal, staying with their family, and going back. That's 8U.S.C. 1229c
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Yes, but the child isn’t put into a detention center with no plan on how to reunite them with their parent at some point. The child is usually with the other parent or a relative. This is a bogus comparison.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No it's not. Children can't be detained, which is why they're removed from their parents. They're put in foster care with child services. If an American child doesn't have a living relative, they're also put into foster care with child services.

If these people went to a legal port of entry and requested to be reviewed for asylum, they wouldn't be detained, they wouldn't beseparated, they would be put up in a hotel and would wait for their review. It's literally easier to apply for asylum legally than it is to cross illegally then request it.

And when a person enters illegally with their child they're given options. Detention and separation while they're reviewed (because the broke the law). Or a voluntary grant of removal, staying with their family, and going back. That's 8U.S.C. 1229c

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/07...eparated-fami/

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There are like 5 international treaties that the US is subject to that do not allow us to detain those coming here for asylum legally.

Thanks for the article full of hypotheticals. Lol.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There are like 5 international treaties that the US is subject to that do not allow us to detain those coming here for asylum legally.

Thanks for the article full of hypotheticals. Lol.

And yet, they are doing it, do you think the Trump administration care about international treaties, that’s a laugh.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    And yet, they are doing it, do you think the Trump administration care about international treaties, that’s a laugh.
    They aren't. Your article literally says "there is evidence that the Trump admin MAY be doing this". May. Not are doing. Might be doing it. So they're reporting on something that they don't actually know if its occurring but it might be so you're taking that as a definitive. Laughable.

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

These are immigrants. They came as a family, they should leave as a family.

1. You support 'Bureaucracy', more Federal Programs that only exist to bloat the Government.
    2. You support 'Ignorance & Confusion'. Why 'lose' children in the first place?
    3. You support ripping infants from their mothers, the foundation of Society.
    4. Why don't you go join ISIS? You brain function matches theirs.

Sent from my mini mac using qwerty

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They aren't. Your article literally says "there is evidence that the Trump admin MAY be doing this". May. Not are doing. Might be doing it. So they're reporting on something that they don't actually know if its occurring but it might be so you're taking that as a definitive. Laughable.

There has been evidence for sometime that Trump is making it almost impossible for refugees. Your denial is the thing that is laughable.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    These are immigrants. They came as a family, they should leave as a family.

1. You support 'Bureaucracy', more Federal Programs that only exist to bloat the Government.
    2. You support 'Ignorance & Confusion'. Why 'lose' children in the first place?
    3. You support ripping infants from their mothers, the foundation of Society.
    4. Why don't you go join ISIS? You brain function matches theirs.

Sent from my mini mac using qwerty
    Lolol ok. Let's go over this.

These are ILLEGAL immigrants. Don't conflate the two. One is a criminal, one is not. Please don't be so dense to think that a ILLEGAL immigrant is the same as an immigrant.

Big government sucks. The only ones supporting big Gov are liberals. I'd love to slash some budgets, but we also can't allow unfettered access through our border to whoever the hell feels like passing through. If you argue against that, you're braindead.

How am I supporting ignorance an confusion. I understand the relevant laws, I can distinguish between legal and illegal.

The mothers are given a choice. As I stated before. 8 U.S.C. 1229c. Grant of voluntary departure. Their children aren't torn away from them. They have the choice.

It seems to me that you're driven completely by emotion and completely devoid of logic and ignorant of facts and truth. Your ISIS joke is funny. It's a very good indicator that you have no confidence in your own beliefs. As it turns out though, you'd love to let ISIS in the country, so long as they were accompanied by a child.