Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HHS secretary: Separating immigrant families is ‘one of the great acts of American ge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,631 Times in 9,141 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default HHS secretary: Separating immigrant families is ‘one of the great acts of American ge

HHS secretary: Separating immigrant families is ‘one of the great acts of American generosity’ Go figure?!!

https://thinkprogress.org/hhs-secret...-b4b248cf502a/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

evince (07-12-2018), Jack (07-11-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is so wrong on multiple levels. (just common decency would dictate leaving a mother and her infant child together)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Cypress (07-11-2018), evince (07-12-2018), Phantasmal (07-11-2018), signalmankenneth (07-11-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This is so wrong on multiple levels. (just common decency would dictate leaving a mother and her infant child together)
    When Americans commit federal crimes and go to jail, they don't get to being their kids with them. Illegal immigrants are subject to the same laws moron.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,261 Times in 33,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,089 Times in 4,704 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by United76America View Post
    When Americans commit federal crimes and go to jail, they don't get to being their kids with them. Illegal immigrants are subject to the same laws moron.

Yes, but the child isn’t put into a detention center with no plan on how to reunite them with their parent at some point. The child is usually with the other parent or a relative. This is a bogus comparison.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-11-2018)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No it's not. Children can't be detained, which is why they're removed from their parents. They're put in foster care with child services. If an American child doesn't have a living relative, they're also put into foster care with child services.

If these people went to a legal port of entry and requested to be reviewed for asylum, they wouldn't be detained, they wouldn't beseparated, they would be put up in a hotel and would wait for their review. It's literally easier to apply for asylum legally than it is to cross illegally then request it.

And when a person enters illegally with their child they're given options. Detention and separation while they're reviewed (because the broke the law). Or a voluntary grant of removal, staying with their family, and going back. That's 8U.S.C. 1229c
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Yes, but the child isn’t put into a detention center with no plan on how to reunite them with their parent at some point. The child is usually with the other parent or a relative. This is a bogus comparison.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No it's not. Children can't be detained, which is why they're removed from their parents. They're put in foster care with child services. If an American child doesn't have a living relative, they're also put into foster care with child services.

If these people went to a legal port of entry and requested to be reviewed for asylum, they wouldn't be detained, they wouldn't beseparated, they would be put up in a hotel and would wait for their review. It's literally easier to apply for asylum legally than it is to cross illegally then request it.

And when a person enters illegally with their child they're given options. Detention and separation while they're reviewed (because the broke the law). Or a voluntary grant of removal, staying with their family, and going back. That's 8U.S.C. 1229c

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/07...eparated-fami/

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

These are immigrants. They came as a family, they should leave as a family.

1. You support 'Bureaucracy', more Federal Programs that only exist to bloat the Government.
    2. You support 'Ignorance & Confusion'. Why 'lose' children in the first place?
    3. You support ripping infants from their mothers, the foundation of Society.
    4. Why don't you go join ISIS? You brain function matches theirs.

Sent from my mini mac using qwerty

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

These are immigrants. They came as a family, they should leave as a family.

1. You support 'Bureaucracy', more Federal Programs that only exist to bloat the Government.
    2. You support 'Ignorance & Confusion'. Why 'lose' children in the first place?
    3. You support ripping infants from their mothers, the foundation of Society.
    4. Why don't you go join ISIS? You brain function matches theirs.

Lolol ok. Let's go over this.

These are ILLEGAL immigrants. Don't conflate the two. One is a criminal, one is not. Please don't be so dense to think that a ILLEGAL immigrant is the same as an immigrant.

Big government sucks. The only ones supporting big Gov are liberals. I'd love to slash some budgets, but we also can't allow unfettered access through our border to whoever the hell feels like passing through. If you argue against that, you're braindead.

How am I supporting ignorance an confusion. I understand the relevant laws, I can distinguish between legal and illegal.

The mothers are given a choice. As I stated before. 8 U.S.C. 1229c. Grant of voluntary departure. Their children aren't torn away from them. They have the choice.

It seems to me that you're driven completely by emotion and completely devoid of logic and ignorant of facts and truth. Your ISIS joke is funny. It's a very good indicator that you have no confidence in your own beliefs. As it turns out though, you'd love to let ISIS in the country, so long as they were accompanied by a child.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

These are ILLEGAL immigrants. Don't conflate the two. One is a criminal, one is not. Please don't be so dense to think that a ILLEGAL immigrant is the same as an immigrant.

Big government sucks. The only ones supporting big Gov are liberals. I'd love to slash some budgets, but we also can't allow unfettered access through our border to whoever the hell feels like passing through. If you argue against that, you're braindead.

How am I supporting ignorance an confusion. I understand the relevant laws, I can distinguish between legal and illegal.

The mothers are given a choice. As I stated before. 8 U.S.C. 1229c. Grant of voluntary departure. Their children aren't torn away from them. They have the choice.

It seems to me that you're driven completely by emotion and completely devoid of logic and ignorant of facts and truth. Your ISIS joke is funny. It's a very good indicator that you have no confidence in your own beliefs. As it turns out though, you'd love to let ISIS in the country, so long as they were accompanied by a child.

It’s incorrect that the only ones who support big government are liberals, both sides support big government for the policies they support.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Obviously, you are the stupidest person in the world, totally lacking in ANY brain activity.

1. DON'T let anybody INTO the country in the FIRST place. Is that too fucking hard for your brain to digest?
    (like, say I go to YOUR house, do you invite strangers in so they can hang out, eat your food, watch your TV, then bang your wife?)

2. "Big Government sucks". Yeah, no shit Sherlock. And YOU'RE are one of the Enableers!

3. "How am I supporting ignorance an confusion." If it isn't CLEAR to you by now, it never will be.

4. "Your ISIS joke is funny. It's a very good indicator that you have no confidence in your own beliefs."
    MY Beliefs: We don't need no more fucking people! THAT'S MY Beliefs. It's assholes like you that want to bring everybody from every shithole country in the world, let them come in, hang out, scatter them about, hire Lawyers, set up Courts, spend a bunch of money trying to figure out "Should we let this person in?"

Look, Pumpkinhead. Robotics, Automation, Artificial Intelligence, is the Future ... we don't need any more Basket Weavers!

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

You Know any non-violent first time misdemeanor offenders in jail?
    LMFAO@ United
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    You Know any non-violent first time misdemeanor offenders in jail?
    LMFAO@ United
    Actually. If they cross the border illegally then we don't know if they're non-violent or first time offenders. In crossing the border illegally, we have no idea who they are. I'd say we have the right to know who someone is before releasing them into the general population.

Here's a question. If an ISIS fighter crossed the border but had a kid with them, should we give them a free pass? If that person went on to kill Americans, would you still justify letting them in?

Illegal immigrants make up an estimated 3.5% of the US population. They commit 12% if all murders and 16% of all trafficking. Illegal immigrants account for 13.6% of those sentenced for all crimes committed in the US. Justify that.

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Actually. If they cross the border illegally then we don't know if they're non-violent or first time offenders. In crossing the border illegally, we have no idea who they are. I'd say we have the right to know who someone is before releasing them into the general population.

Here's a question. If an ISIS fighter crossed the border but had a kid with them, should we give them a free pass? If that person went on to kill Americans, would you still justify letting them in?

Illegal immigrants make up an estimated 3.5% of the US population. They commit 12% if all murders and 16% of all trafficking. Illegal immigrants account for 13.6% of those sentenced for all crimes committed in the US. Justify that.

You didn't even manage to answer my question.

Then you post a bunch of lies...we use facts here. son. if you need lies to justify your stance, you don't have much of a stance.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Rune For This Post:

Cypress (07-13-2018)

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    Who made you the arbiter of common decency? Where was your faux poutrage when Obama was caging kids, separating families, and detaining asylees?

You want children locked up with adults? In detention cells?

What if the "mother" or "father" isn't even a blood relative? What then?

BTW, this practice was discontinued by Executive Order last month. Maybe you didn't hear.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,777 Times in 27,251 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

the entire republican party is so wrong on multiple levels now

22. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Jack (07-12-2018)