Default Red Hen restaurant in Lexington Va. getting EXCELLENT reviews

2729 reviews
    Excellent 79%
    Very good 12%
    Average 6%
    Poor 2%
    Terrible 1%

***** Definitely a repeat player
    Popped in for dinner. Great table, excellent service. Had the short ribs. Wonderful meat, fork tender. Would have served it with potato rather than barley. Barley soaked up the grease and not a lot of the flavor. Wife had salmon. Fantastic! Lemmon meringue pie isn't really a pie (no crust) but was great nonetheless. Meringue was warm, lemon cool and creamy. Overall very good with lots of attention to adhering to the farm to table trend. Definitely a repeat player.

***** Farm to table excellence!!
    Went while visiting our daughter at W&L and celebrated our sons birthday. The food was beyond superior in quality, atmosphere is quaint and cozy. We had the cheese tray and butternut squash ragú, lamb sausage, and topped it off with coffee brûlée. Fabulous.

***** Upscale
    The Red Hen is one of the newer restaurants in Lexington, VA; it is also one of the best. The owners are quite ambitious; they are serving adventurous gourmet food, expertly prepared. I also regularly order the special cocktail, since they are part of the new trends in mixology. Not cheap, but worth the price.

***** Best Restaurant in Lexington
    The Red Hen is a small, intimate and cozy restaurant a block from the downtown main intersection in Lexington, VA.
    The owner/chef, Matt Adams, is the finest chef in the Lexington area and certainly ranks as one of the most pleasant individuals we've ever known in that job genre.
    When you walk in, you feel like you are joining family for dinner and you are well looked after until you leave.
    The food is the finest in the Lexington area and the ambience is most delightful! The convenient location makes it a perfect choice for an evening meal if you are saying in one of the hotels or B&Bs in Lexington.

***** What great care
    Went to the Red Hen for my birthday with my fiancé. From the second we walked in the door we were treated like the only guests (the place was packed). We were immediately seated and began our experience. We went all out, apps, cheese board, entree, dessert, cocktails. Every moment was better than the next. Darren was our server and could not have been more hospitable. We even got a happy birthday card from the staff! The Red Hen is a must visit when you’re in Lexington.

***** Worth the Wait
    I have tried to eat here numerous times. Always, full. Fantastic food. Farm to Table style. Truly small, handcrafted meals. No Corporation inn Site. Thanks again.Wonderful.

***** You should give it a try
    The seating is tight and close to others. I understand the atmosphere is not the best but it is acceptable. The food was excellent and the choices were ample not to many. I would return but will remember it is a bit pricey.

***** Fantastic Dinner at The Red Hen
    Small restaurant in old Book Depository building. Tables are close together but that is part of the ambience. The kitchen is open and our table was right there, so we were able to talk to the chefs about the ingredients and preparation. Food was excellent. Had the Duck atop sautéed vegetables and a great salad. Highly recommend

***** A Local Fine Dining Gem!
    Wonderful cuisine with imaginative menu and LOCAL sourcing. Interior is amazing. The historic little building was once the billiard room annex for a hotel! Great woody interior and some historic carpentry work. Lovely intimate atmosphere.

***** Incredible experience
    One of the best meals we've had EVER. Unique, healthy, yummy! Fantastic environment. Great feel. Amazing martini.

***** Great food in Lexington
    This is a quaint but mighty restaurant! Though they cannot accommodate a large crowd, the food is delicious. The menu is small but powerful in its offerings. The food and service were warm and made for an enjoyable evening. The air conditioning is not so strong and the temperature inside was on the warm side. All said, it's a great restaurant.

I could post hundreds more 5 Star reviews but I'm guessing you get the message.
    Too bad for you radicalized right wing haters. Looks like The Red Hen is going to be around for a long time.
    A long time.

Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-10-2018), signalmankenneth (07-10-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-11-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    Looks like The Red Hen is going to be around for a long time. A long time.
    I love liberal predictions.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Same can be said for Chick-Fil-A and the left wing haters who tried to shut them down. Is there a point to this whiny screed except to provide another brilliant example of leftist hypocrisy and tears?

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Callinectes (07-11-2018)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

The Red Hen is going to be around for a long time.
    Good! Can the Prez make an advance booking for November 8?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-11-2018)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,670 Times in 16,595 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

2729 reviews
    Excellent 79%
    Very good 12%
    Average 6%
    Poor 2%
    Terrible 1%

Popped in for dinner. Great table, excellent service. Had the short ribs. Wonderful meat, fork tender. Would have served it with potato rather than barley. Barley soaked up the grease and not a lot of the flavor. Wife had salmon. Fantastic! Lemmon meringue pie isn't really a pie (no crust) but was great nonetheless. Meringue was warm, lemon cool and creamy. Overall very good with lots of attention to adhering to the farm to table trend. Definitely a repeat player.

Went while visiting our daughter at W&L and celebrated our sons birthday. The food was beyond superior in quality, atmosphere is quaint and cozy. We had the cheese tray and butternut squash ragú, lamb sausage, and topped it off with coffee brûlée. Fabulous.

***** Upscale
    The Red Hen is one of the newer restaurants in Lexington, VA; it is also one of the best. The owners are quite ambitious; they are serving adventurous gourmet food, expertly prepared. I also regularly order the special cocktail, since they are part of the new trends in mixology. Not cheap, but worth the price.

The Red Hen is a small, intimate and cozy restaurant a block from the downtown main intersection in Lexington, VA.
    The owner/chef, Matt Adams, is the finest chef in the Lexington area and certainly ranks as one of the most pleasant individuals we've ever known in that job genre.
    When you walk in, you feel like you are joining family for dinner and you are well looked after until you leave.
    The food is the finest in the Lexington area and the ambience is most delightful! The convenient location makes it a perfect choice for an evening meal if you are saying in one of the hotels or B&Bs in Lexington.

***** What great care
    Went to the Red Hen for my birthday with my fiancé. From the second we walked in the door we were treated like the only guests (the place was packed). We were immediately seated and began our experience. We went all out, apps, cheese board, entree, dessert, cocktails. Every moment was better than the next. Darren was our server and could not have been more hospitable. We even got a happy birthday card from the staff! The Red Hen is a must visit when you’re in Lexington.

***** Worth the Wait
    I have tried to eat here numerous times. Always, full. Fantastic food. Farm to Table style. Truly small, handcrafted meals. No Corporation inn Site. Thanks again.Wonderful.

The seating is tight and close to others. I understand the atmosphere is not the best but it is acceptable. The food was excellent and the choices were ample not to many. I would return but will remember it is a bit pricey.

Small restaurant in old Book Depository building. Tables are close together but that is part of the ambience. The kitchen is open and our table was right there, so we were able to talk to the chefs about the ingredients and preparation. Food was excellent. Had the Duck atop sautéed vegetables and a great salad. Highly recommend

Wonderful cuisine with imaginative menu and LOCAL sourcing. Interior is amazing. The historic little building was once the billiard room annex for a hotel! Great woody interior and some historic carpentry work. Lovely intimate atmosphere.

One of the best meals we've had EVER. Unique, healthy, yummy! Fantastic environment. Great feel. Amazing martini.

This is a quaint but mighty restaurant! Though they cannot accommodate a large crowd, the food is delicious. The menu is small but powerful in its offerings. The food and service were warm and made for an enjoyable evening. The air conditioning is not so strong and the temperature inside was on the warm side. All said, it's a great restaurant.

Too bad for you radicalized right wing haters. Looks like The Red Hen is going to be around for a long time.
    A long time.

I'm sure you have a link...I would be very much interested in seeing hundreds more, as well TIA

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,367 Times in 6,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    I'm sure you have a link...I would be very much interested in seeing hundreds more, as well TIA
    Be my guest: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura..._Virginia.html

Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-10-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-11-2018)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,245 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Same can be said for Chick-Fil-A and the left wing haters who tried to shut them down. Is there a point to this whiny screed except to provide another brilliant example of leftist hypocrisy and tears?
    "Chick-Fil-A?" Your comparing a locally owned restaurant with quality reviews against a fast food chain restaurant? Are all your meals freeze dried foods from Sysco?

Explains a lot, bet you drink Bud Light beer also

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

domer76 (07-11-2018), Joe Capitalist (07-10-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-11-2018)

13. #8 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,617 Times in 17,056 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "Chick-Fil-A?" Your comparing a locally owned restaurant with quality reviews against a fast food chain restaurant? Are all your meals freeze dried foods from Sysco?

And you don't think Sysco delivers to "high end" restaurants?
    I worked for a food service delivery company and we delivered to many more than you might think, many in the DC, Alexandria and Chevy Chase areas (to name a few).
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Truth Detector (07-10-2018)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    Good! Can the Prez make an advance booking for November 8?
    Interesting. Would the Red Hen deny the President of the United States a reservation?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (07-10-2018), Truth Detector (07-10-2018)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,367 Times in 6,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post

"Chick-Fil-A?" You know the radicalized right wing racists are desperate when they try to float that comparison.

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not one good seafood review. Burn it down. Use an accelerant. Nothing but ashes......

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,617 Times in 9,138 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

2729 reviews
    Excellent 79%
    Very good 12%
    Average 6%
    Poor 2%
    Terrible 1%

***** Upscale

***** What great care

***** Worth the Wait

A long time.

Eating at The Red Hen, is on my to do list!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-10-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-11-2018)

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

I gave Chick-Fil-A two chances. The waffle fries were always cold by the time they got to me.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

Truth Detector (07-10-2018)

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,245 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I worked for a food service delivery company and we delivered to many more than you might think, many in the DC, Alexandria and Chevy Chase areas (to name a few).
    Nothing personal, but if I am going to pay restaurant prices I prefer local fresh products over that which a chain restaurant offers

24. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-11-2018)

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    If you delivered from Sysco then you delivered frozen, ready to eat, foods like french fries, fish sticks, hamburger patties, etc. And you didn't deliver to "high end" restaurants. I used to deliver to Sysco, and I know what they have in stock.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old Trapper For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-11-2018), Truth Detector (07-10-2018)