Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Trump, white supremacists see one of their own.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default In Trump, white supremacists see one of their own.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-09-2018), signalmankenneth (07-10-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Quite the moronic essay. You like moronic essays don't you?
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,496 Times in 52,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Let's have some selected quotes for our reading-challenged RWNJ racist friends.

"His political career began in advocacy of birtherism, that modern recasting of the old American precept that black people are not fit to be citizens of the country they built. But long before birtherism, Trump had made his worldview clear. He fought to keep blacks out of his buildings, according to the U.S. government; called for the death penalty for the eventually exonerated Central Park Five; and railed against “lazy” black employees. “Black guys counting my money! I hate it,” Trump was once quoted as saying. “The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day.” After his cabal of conspiracy theorists forced Barack Obama to present his birth certificate, Trump demanded the president’s college grades (offering $5 million in exchange for them), insisting that Obama was not intelligent enough to have gone to an Ivy League school, and that his acclaimed memoir, Dreams From My Father, had been ghostwritten by a white man, Bill Ayers."

"In Trump, white supremacists see one of their own. Only grudgingly did Trump denounce the Ku Klux Klan and David Duke, one of its former grand wizards—and after the clashes between white supremacists and counterprotesters in Charlottesville, Virginia, in August, Duke in turn praised Trump’s contentious claim that “both sides” were responsible for the violence."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-09-2018)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post

"His political career began in advocacy of birtherism, that modern recasting of the old American precept that black people are not fit to be citizens of the country they built. But long before birtherism, Trump had made his worldview clear. He fought to keep blacks out of his buildings, according to the U.S. government; called for the death penalty for the eventually exonerated Central Park Five; and railed against “lazy” black employees. “Black guys counting my money! I hate it,” Trump was once quoted as saying. “The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day.” After his cabal of conspiracy theorists forced Barack Obama to present his birth certificate, Trump demanded the president’s college grades (offering $5 million in exchange for them), insisting that Obama was not intelligent enough to have gone to an Ivy League school, and that his acclaimed memoir, Dreams From My Father, had been ghostwritten by a white man, Bill Ayers."

"In Trump, white supremacists see one of their own. Only grudgingly did Trump denounce the Ku Klux Klan and David Duke, one of its former grand wizards—and after the clashes between white supremacists and counterprotesters in Charlottesville, Virginia, in August, Duke in turn praised Trump’s contentious claim that “both sides” were responsible for the violence."
    Don't forget his claim that Ted Cruz' father was involved in the Kennedy assassination. The poor bastard can't keep his lies straight.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-09-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-09-2018)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 313 Times in 276 Posts

I see the "tolerant" libs are labeling people they don't like again.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hvilleherb View Post
    How deep in the sand do you have your head buried?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2019.1 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-09-2018)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Meh, people are the product of the world/time/culture they grew up in. It does not mean they are malevolent just because they offend modern sensibilities. I knew this guy for awhile: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/27/u...-advocate.html One conversation I had with him was about working for Lyndon Johnson who seemed about as racist as they come. Roger told me this story of how LBJ referred to him using the N-word without realizing he had entered the room, then realized Roger had heard him call him that, and tried to backtrack away from it without actually apologizing to him by sending everybody else out and then standing there trying to find the words and then finally just swearing about Eisenhower ruining the White House floors by walking around wearing metal golf cleats all throughout the building. He was adamant that LBJ wasn't a racist in his heart so much as he was just a mouthy, strong-willed pain in the ass to have to deal with who refused to change his customary ways with the changing times. This is the guy who really taught me that you have to disregard what people say and look to what is in their hearts.

And for whatever it is worth, Roger absolutely despised Jesse Jackson. Any time that man's name came up, he would do everything but spit on the floor to show how much contempt he had for Jackson.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-10-2018), dukkha (07-10-2018)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,571 Times in 2,245 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 153 Posts

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

backtrack away from it without actually apologizing to him by sending everybody else out and then standing there trying to find the words and then finally just swearing about Eisenhower ruining the White House floors by walking around wearing metal golf cleats all throughout the building.

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hvilleherb View Post

Truth is something totally alien to you isn't it

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,485 Times in 9,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Jews, Blacks, Mexicans, and immigrants will not replace us!!!

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ignorant and Stupid is easy to spot.
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post

Jews, Blacks, Mexicans, and immigrants will not replace us!!!

Replace?

Who would want to replace Racists Bigots ... just Die off.
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,753 Times in 33,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post

Do you ever notice that what most of Trump says is projection? He is the one who isn’t that intelligent and his books are all ghost written. He does it all the time.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Bourbon (07-10-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-10-2018)

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,496 Times in 52,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Do you ever notice that what most of Trump says is projection? He is the one who isn’t that intelligent and his books are all ghost written. He does it all the time.
    Yes, good observation; I've noticed that too. Projection seems to be common in people who lack much in the way of self-awareness. We see it here all the time. Why, Toxic was just over on the Red Hen thread (again), explaining to Lesion that she posts there in order to discuss the Red Hen issue, not like the others who just came there to attack ppl. I kid you not. It's fucking hilarious! She's still quite sure that it's going out of business at any second now.