Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    I was a 4 twenty yrs. ago. Now I play by my own rules.

1. Maximum of 16 clubs allowed. (driver, 3W, 5W, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9i, PW, GW, SW, 60*W, 64*W and putter)
    2. Two balls allowed on the first tee. Player is allowed to use the better of the two.
    3. Player is entitled to an acceptable lie if ball comes to rest in the fairway. E.g., if ball is in a divot player may bump the ball half a card length to a better position in the fairway. This rule also applies to any unacceptable lie in the fairway.
    4. Removing the pin from the hole is optional when putting from the green.
    5. Walking is mandatory unless use of cart is required.
    6. Minimum of one pint of beer must be consumed upon completion of play.
    My group is all at 15 or more. We seldom use a mulligan, but we turn the ball over everywhere, even in the rough. No moving out of trouble, though. No distance and stroke; carry as many clubs as you want; I prefer pin out, but pin in is okay. Rake and place in the traps.

I cannot drink beer on course, because I would fall asleep. Brandy is okay, but I seldom partake. A joint or two was almost always a must when I was less than 70.

Since I work for golf operations, I get free golf with a cart. I use the cart these days...free is too much to resist. Until my late 60's...I walked always...carrying my bag (single strap)...and often played 36 or 54!

I was nuts! My main partner is even nuttier. One year...in his late 60's, he played 325 rounds in New Jersey...18 per day. If you know what the weather is like here...you realize that is almost insane.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-11-2018)