Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: On His Way Out the Door, Scott Pruitt Says a Final ‘Fuck You’ to the Environment

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boris The Animal View Post
    So for an owner operator who must either:

A) give up his rig and be forced to work for a company at much lower pay

B) purchase an entirely brand new rig at hundreds of thousands of dollars

-or-
    C) purchase a glider kit and refitting an older powertrain at a cost savings of tens of thousands of dollars while still utilizing a perfectly good, yet older engine, transmission, and rear end, if the O/O can cut his costs somewhere, then the choice is obvious.
    This is all well above their paygrade, they should leave thinking to the big boys.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 960 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 127 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    This is all well above their paygrade, they should leave thinking to the big boys.
    I did a duck duck go dig-after reading Thing1’s dubious and insinuating comment- found a site called climate files. The intention of the site owner is apparently to shine a bad light on Exxon mobile. As you actually read the supposed evil Exxon faxes, you are struck by how above board Exxon actually is!

check it out
    TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to J Craft For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-08-2018)

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J Craft View Post
    I did a duck duck go dig-after reading Thing1’s dubious and insinuating comment- found a site called climate files. The intention of the site owner is apparently to shine a bad light on Exxon mobile. As you actually read the supposed evil Exxon faxes, you are struck by how above board Exxon actually is!

check it out
    There was nothing dubious about that claim. The individual I spoke of was involved in redacting sections of climate reports that could potentially tie man's activities to climate change.

I'm not even an AGW guy, but it's ridiculous that an oil industry lobbyist who ended up at Exxon Mobil spent time heading up an important environmental council for a Presidential administration. It speaks to that admin's priorities.

The GOP is not a party that speaks to or seems to care about protecting the planet, beyond the most minimal & token measures. I don't think that's really disputable.

5. The Following User Groans At Cancel 2020.1 For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-08-2018)

6. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J Craft View Post

check it out
    I worked at Exxon Mobil.
    While I was not in the upper echelon of management, I was aware of enough through basic osmosis and corporate culture to say this totally has more than a whiff of truth to it.

Exxon Misled the Public on Climate Change, Study Says

As Exxon Mobil responded to news reports in 2015 that said that the company had spread doubt about the risks of climate change despite its own extensive research in the field, it urged the public to “read the documents” for themselves.

Now two Harvard researchers have done just that, reviewing nearly 200 documents representing Exxon’s research and its public statements and concluding that the company “misled the public” about climate change even as its own scientists were recognizing greenhouse gas emissions as a risk to the planet.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/23/c...nce-study.html

7. The Following User Groans At Cypress For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-09-2018)

8. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    There was nothing dubious about that claim. The individual I spoke of was involved in redacting sections of climate reports that could potentially tie man's activities to climate change.

I'm not even an AGW guy, but it's ridiculous that an oil industry lobbyist who ended up at Exxon Mobil spent time heading up an important environmental council for a Presidential administration. It speaks to that admin's priorities.

The GOP is not a party that speaks to or seems to care about protecting the planet, beyond the most minimal & token measures. I don't think that's really disputable.
    Please provide these redacted documents.

9. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I worked at Exxon Mobil.
    While I was not in the upper echelon of management, I was aware of enough through basic osmosis and corporate culture to say this totally has more than a whiff of truth to it.
    To summarize- Using admitted subjective methods, it was determined that Exxon May have been involved in misleading stock holders about risks concerning their investments. Exxon agrees that there is climate change, (as most thinking people do) but stop short of man made climate change. They are supportive of clean air income neutral carbon tax (I’m not). Yaya yada yada.

So the fuck what.

10. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

These Trump appointments are ludicrous. May as well appoint a PRA executive to head of the CFPB
    or a christian scientist as surgeon general. The message sent is "Trump wants to destroy the proper administration of government."

Backward morons, you don't fix a car by putting on square wheels. Destroying America won't fix your sad lives.
    Just send your children to good schools that follow the CORE format and keep their asses off drugs and support
    liberal scholarships and grants to college. Education may not save you, but it probably could save your
    sad issue.

11. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 371 Times in 328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    These Trump appointments are ludicrous. May as well appoint a PRA executive to head of the CFPB
    or a christian scientist as surgeon general. The message sent is "Trump wants to destroy the proper administration of government."

Backward morons, you don't fix a car by putting on square wheels. Destroying America won't fix your sad lives.
    Just send your children to good schools that follow the CORE format and keep their asses off drugs and support
    liberal scholarships and grants to college. Education may not save you, but it probably could save your
    sad issue.
    Therein lies the problem. What if my kids DON'T want to go to those Communist Indoctrination Centers but learn a trade? You going to think any less of them if say one of these "uneducated morons" as you like to put it, has to replace your service panel because you fiddled around with it and fried the breakers?

THE OFFICIAL FLAG OF THE DEMOCRAT PARTY

12. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,912 Times in 3,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,032 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Hysterical bullshit, so a few thousand trucks are not to have hugely expensive new regulations imposed on them, big deal!!
    Pro-pollution Tom strikes again.

Poor Tom.
    We have the intellect to imagine the finality of our own demise but do not have the sophistication to overcome our survival instinct and accept it.
    Solution? Magical thinking and childish promises of everlasting life.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun
    a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
    Ask yourself honestly if this describes what you believe to be true.
    If the answer is yes, you are a racist.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Leonthecat For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-08-2018)