Thread: Abolish ICE

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Abolish ICE

Some prominent democrats are pushing this idea.

What do JPP democrats think about abolishing ICE?

What does the rest of the board think?

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
    Some prominent democrats are pushing this idea.

What do JPP democrats think about abolishing ICE?

What does the rest of the board think?
    Clear case of TDS.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

let's see

**It's ok to disrespect our flag and the troops that fight under that flag, ie: Kapernick is a hero, civil rights prize worthy hero
    **want to raise our taxes
    **MS-13 are people too
    **Open borders
    **Tell our children it's ok to smoke pot
    and now
    **Abolish our immigration enforcement agency

I'm in
    November should be a hoot
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts

I don't know about abolishing ICE entirely but like most federal agencies it definitely needs a significant rollback of powers and funding. Making it easier to immigrate here legally would nip most illegal immigration in the bud, so that would be a start down a road where we could reduce the size and stature of ICE. Maybe then they could just focus on keeping out militants and sex traffickers (the actual dangers to our country) rather than people simply looking for work and decent standard of living.
    “I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.” - Henry David Thoreau

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TrippyHippy View Post
    I don't know about abolishing ICE entirely but like most federal agencies it definitely needs a significant rollback of powers and funding. Making it easier to immigrate here legally would nip most illegal immigration in the bud, so that would be a start down a road where we could reduce the size and stature of ICE.
    Has Congress acted?

Maybe then they could just focus on keeping out militants and sex traffickers (the actual dangers to our country) rather than people simply looking for work and decent standard of living.
    ICE isn't tasked with "keeping out militants and sex traffickers", are they? That would be the Border Patrol.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Has Congress acted?
    Elaborate please.

ICE isn't tasked with "keeping out militants and sex traffickers", are they? That would be the Border Patrol.
    From ICE website:

"ICE’S mission is to protect America from the cross-border crime and illegal immigration that threatens national security and public safety.

This mission is executed through the enforcement of more than 400 federal statutes and focuses on smart immigration enforcement, preventing terrorism and combating the illegal movement of people and goods."

https://www.ice.gov/overview
    “I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.” - Henry David Thoreau

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"ICE’S mission is to protect America from the cross-border crime and illegal immigration that threatens national security and public safety. This mission is executed through the enforcement of more than 400 federal statutes and focuses on smart immigration enforcement, preventing terrorism and combating the illegal movement of people and goods."
    Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) is the only field branch of ICE tasked with illegal immigrant removal.

ERO enforces the nation’s immigration laws in a fair and effective manner. It identifies and apprehends removable aliens, detains these individuals when necessary and removes illegal aliens from the United States.

https://www.ice.gov/about

What do you suppose is meant by "identifies and apprehends removable aliens, detains these individuals when necessary and removes illegal aliens from the United States"?

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Has Congress acted?
    Elaborate please.
    Has the one hundred fifteenth United States Congress amended existing immigration laws, repealed existing immigration laws, or enacted new immigration laws?

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) is the only field branch of ICE tasked with illegal immigrant removal.

ERO enforces the nation’s immigration laws in a fair and effective manner. It identifies and apprehends removable aliens, detains these individuals when necessary and removes illegal aliens from the United States.

https://www.ice.gov/about

What do suppose is meant by "identifies and apprehends removable aliens, detains these individuals when necessary and removes illegal aliens from the United States"?
    The agency's own mission statement literally says it is intended to enforce immigration law where it concerns terrorism and involves the illegal movement of people and goods. Militants and sex traffickers, like I said originally.

Also you never elaborated on the "has Congress acted?" question.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The agency's own mission statement literally says it is intended to enforce immigration law where it concerns terrorism and involves the illegal movement of people and goods. Militants and sex traffickers, like I said originally.
    The major difference between ICE and CBP is that while CBP is responsible for enforcing immigration laws at and near the borders, ICE is responsible for enforcing immigration laws within the remaining areas of the U.S.

ICE activities include anti-smuggling efforts, locating persons illegally in the U.S., enforcing the laws against the unauthorized employment of aliens, and battling money laundering.

http://www.borderimmigrationlawyer.com/overview-of-federal-immigratio/

Also you never elaborated on the "has Congress acted?" question.
    I think you'll find that I have, if you refresh your screen.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Has the one hundred fifteenth United States Congress amended existing immigration laws, repealed existing immigration laws, or enacted new immigration laws?
    Not as far as I know? Where are you going with this?

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The major difference between ICE and CBP is that while CBP is responsible for enforcing immigration laws at and near the borders, ICE is responsible for enforcing immigration laws within the remaining areas of the U.S.

ICE activities include anti-smuggling efforts, locating persons illegally in the U.S., enforcing the laws against the unauthorized employment of aliens, and battling money laundering.
    You're not wrong. But locating people already over the border is part of defending the border. I'm still struggling with what exactly your argument against what I said is.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    Clear case of TDS.
    I agree. If a Dem was president they would never suggest such a silly idea.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're not wrong. But locating people already over the border is part of defending the border. I'm still struggling with what exactly your argument against what I said is.
    Clarification, not argumentative.

United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is responsible for protecting our nation's borders in order to prevent terrorists and terrorist weapons from entering the United States, while facilitating the flow of legitimate trade and travel.

United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), the largest investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security, is responsible for identifying and shutting down vulnerabilities in the nation's border, economic, transportation and infrastructure security.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1040/~/difference-between-u.s.-customs-and-border-protection-%28cbp%29%2C-u.s.-citizenship

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Not as far as I know? Where are you going with this?

let me help,

No one in the white house or congress has done a damn thing for the last 5 decades, except talk and fight and push the cart down the road.

Trump on the other hand is addressing the "problem" first, the fact that liberal loons think it's ok to break our laws, crash our border and hide out in sanctuary cities just furthers the case that he should not involve them in any decisions. Liberals have no intention of fixing anything do with illegal immigration.

they can just step aside now, they are in the way basically.
    Anymore questions?
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you