Thread: Why people should stop watching Fox

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Why people should stop watching Fox

Just ask this Ralph Peters guy who worked there, in his own words....

"You could measure the decline of Fox News by the drop in the quality of guests waiting in the green room. A year and a half ago, you might have heard George Will discussing policy with a senator while a former Cabinet member listened in. Today, you would meet a Republican commissar with a steakhouse waistline and an eager young woman wearing too little fabric and too much makeup, immersed in memorizing her talking points.

This wasn’t a case of the rats leaving a sinking ship. The best sailors were driven overboard by the rodents.

As I wrote in an internal Fox memo, leaked and widely disseminated, I declined to renew my contract as Fox News’s strategic analyst because of the network’s propagandizing for the Trump administration. Today’s Fox prime-time lineup preaches paranoia, attacking processes and institutions vital to our republic and challenging the rule of law."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-05-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-05-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-05-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts

People should stop watching cable news in general.
    “I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.” - Henry David Thoreau

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrippyHippy For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (07-05-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-05-2018)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Just ask this Ralph Peters guy who worked there, in his own words....

"You could measure the decline of Fox News by the drop in the quality of guests waiting in the green room. A year and a half ago, you might have heard George Will discussing policy with a senator while a former Cabinet member listened in. Today, you would meet a Republican commissar with a steakhouse waistline and an eager young woman wearing too little fabric and too much makeup, immersed in memorizing her talking points.

This wasn’t a case of the rats leaving a sinking ship. The best sailors were driven overboard by the rodents.

As I wrote in an internal Fox memo, leaked and widely disseminated, I declined to renew my contract as Fox News’s strategic analyst because of the network’s propagandizing for the Trump administration. Today’s Fox prime-time lineup preaches paranoia, attacking processes and institutions vital to our republic and challenging the rule of law."
    I don't watch fox or cnn and I only briefly glance at MSNBC to see if there is breaking news. I haven't watched CNN since the whole doxing threat incident of somebody over a meme they didn't like, and haven't watched Fox in years.

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, if it's all equivalent where are the good sailors from MSNBC and NN similarly reporting about their "having jumped" ship due to a similar" rat infestation" as was reported regarding Fox?

It's not the same, MSNBC and CNN are counter trolls, possibly. Fox wrote the script and broke the mold.
    It is an arm of the Republican party that knows it's bread is presently buttered by Trump's base of slack jawed troglodytes
    whose eyes glisten and dilate in unison across the heartland as vapid morons in scarlet lipstick mouth talking points those
    retarded beer swilling goobers feel but can't articulate. They are so fucking stupid they think that when that
    Beavis clone in a wig refuses to cease shouting non sequiturs at a journalist it means they are winning the intellectual battle. They are that dumb, and ugly, and hateful.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,861 Times in 17,284 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,603 Times in 4,280 Posts

Studies show that people who are Fox Gnus watchers know less about politics than those who watch none. It is a right wing propaganda station.