1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Gay marriage ruins it for the rest of us

Gay marriage ruins it for the rest of us

I just heard this tonight and probably before, but it is pre 4th of Juuuly. So

How exactly does gay marriage ruin for us heterosexuals? I laughed and the dude, got pissed, but didn't say anything else.

Who cares if fays marry. Seriously.

I don't personally believe in gay marriage, but in this country, they are in fact entitled to it.

And they are entitled to own guns....

Hahhhahaha

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

If you really want to know...

Marriage is intended as a union of man and woman before God, and nothing else. No sooner could a man marry another man than he could marry his house, and a woman could no sooner marry another woman that she could marry her dog, because she loves it so much. It is the union of two opposite but complimentary elemements to make one whole. In this way gay marriage trivializes the union, "ruining" it for heterosexual couples. And yes, frivolous marriage by other heterosexual couples trivializes it, too.

Not only this, but homosexuality is a sin that disgusts God. Marriage does not reconcile it. The gay community perverts love, making it about sex, saying "I can love anyone I want to!" True, Jesus calls us to love everyone, but not to have sex with anyone. Sex is intended for the marriage of two souls and for making children.

Of course, this is from a theological standpoint. I don't think the church should ever allow gay marriage. However, I don't think the government should have any hand in marriage at all, especially in a country that states freedom of religion as a fundamental right.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Groans At CharlesTheGreat For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (07-05-2018)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Traditional Marriage is about being with the person (persons) you want to have children with and bring up together as a Family Unit.

The 'gay marriage' thing kind of distorts that. Without the biological children aspect, I'm not sure what the meaning of 'Marriage' is anymore.

Maybe it's like "Roommates that want to have a better tax deal"?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

CharlesTheGreat (07-04-2018)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesTheGreat View Post

Marriage is intended as a union of man and woman before God, and nothing else. No sooner could a man marry another man than he could marry his house, and a woman could no sooner marry another woman that she could marry her dog, because she loves it so much. It is the union of two opposite but complimentary elemements to make one whole. In this way gay marriage trivializes the union, "ruining" it for heterosexual couples. And yes, frivolous marriage by other heterosexual couples trivializes it, too.

Not only this, but homosexuality is a sin that disgusts God. Marriage does not reconcile it. The gay community perverts love, making it about sex, saying "I can love anyone I want to!" True, Jesus calls us to love everyone, but not to have sex with anyone. Sex is intended for the marriage of two souls and for making children.

Of course, this is from a theological standpoint. I don't think the church should ever allow gay marriage. However, I don't think the government should have any hand in marriage at all, especially in a country that states freedom of religion as a fundamental right.

You are really one stupid fuck

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-04-2018), kudzu (07-04-2018)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

Worry about your own life and your own family.

Gays do not harm anyone

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lesh For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-04-2018), kudzu (07-04-2018), Phantasmal (07-04-2018)

10. #6 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    You are really one stupid fuck
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

CharlesTheGreat (07-04-2018), TOP (07-04-2018)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Are you actually saying that gays should be treated the way the god of the Bible suggests?

Really?

I mean, truly?

Stone them to death because that is what your god wants?

C'mon!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-04-2018), JqYaqui (07-05-2018), kudzu (07-04-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-04-2018)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post

and yet another stupid fuck

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-04-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-04-2018)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,737 Times in 14,332 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Traditional Marriage is about being with the person (persons) you want to have children with and bring up together as a Family Unit.

The 'gay marriage' thing kind of distorts that. Without the biological children aspect, I'm not sure what the meaning of 'Marriage' is anymore.

Maybe it's like "Roommates that want to have a better tax deal"?
    Medical proxy, heir to an estate, pension/SSI issues.

All those pesky little things that most people don't consider until it's too late.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-04-2018), JqYaqui (07-05-2018), Phantasmal (07-04-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-04-2018)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thank God most people don't think as you do.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-04-2018)

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,737 Times in 14,332 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    The ones that do, are typically divorced. Go figure
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-04-2018), midcan5 (07-04-2018)

22. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

The irony here is many of the gays I know who often gave into societal influences and had heterosexual marriages have healthy children and while obviously not true for all, many heterosexual couples have wacky lives and marriages. If our divorce rate is as high as fifty percent one must wonder don't you think. A few links below.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...ow-what-causes

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...an-Hate-Groups

Weird that Trump a draft dodger and adulterer who cheats on taxes, his wives, and his country is a shining star for the so called religious ? Proves only how shallow and empty of empathy and Christian compassion the American conservative is. Sad humans who live their lives hating the other because they are different. "You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." Anne Lamott
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

Althea (07-04-2018), Guno צְבִי (07-04-2018)

24. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    God says you are thanking the wrong guy.......

25. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

26. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Medical proxy, heir to an estate, pension/SSI issues.

All those pesky little things that most people don't consider until it's too late.
    If you think the 'concept' of Marriage has been around for thousands of years, those issues are fairly recent developments. If you view 'Marriage' as the vehicle for a Society to up bring the next generation, then 'gay marriage' doesn't really fit that definition.

Maybe 'Marriage' should be re-defined? I've suggested "Roommates".

Also, maybe the State should get out of the business of handing out Licenses or Permits for Humans to cohabitant for lengths of times?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

28. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Are you actually saying that gays should be treated the way the god of the Bible suggests?

Really?

I mean, truly?

Stone them to death because that is what your god wants?

C'mon!
    It's funny that you quote the Bible against me, when you've missed a pretty critical part. Jesus says to the Pharisees of the adulterer "Let him who has done no sin cast the first stone." Most people think this is excusing adultery and every other sin, but miss another critical part of the passage: he ends by telling the adulterer "go and sin no more." It's about forgiveness, but with a call to repent.

Read John 8:3-11 for the full story.