Thread: Trump supporters want respect

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Which brings his credibility into question for anything he says. The bigger the trouble, the bigger the motive to lie (not that he will turn on the one person who could pardon him).
    Documents are key... not what he says. Remember they raided Cohen's offices.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Documents are key... not what he says. Remember they raided Cohen's offices.
    Attorney client privilege belongs to the client, not the attorney.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-20-2018)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump has real trouble now. Cohen, his long time fixer, is going to turn on him. Trump, for some reason, thinks whatever he does, can get away with it. But Cohen is facing a shit pile of jail time and huge legal debts. He is talking. He knows lots of trump shit. Cohen is now among Manafort, Popadopolous, and the others who have turned.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft, we let war criminals roam free and appointed a torturess dominatrix to head the CIA.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-21-2018)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Attorney client privilege belongs to the client, not the attorney.
    Not if they are both doing illegal stuff.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-21-2018)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,565 Times in 17,092 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Not if they are both doing illegal stuff.
    In this case, Cohen is breaking the law for trumps benefit. They are both in hot water.

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello katsung47,

Quote Originally Posted by katsung47 View Post
    ‘We want respect!’: Trump supporters whine that everyone mocks them in pity-soaked NPR interview
    Brad Reed BRAD REED 27 APR 2018

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/wan...npr-interview/
    I offer respect to anybody who wants to voice their views in a civil way.

I also find it rip-roaringly hilarious to watch some of the late night comic acts making fun of Trump. He deserves every bit of it and far more. There actually are not enough comic time slots to use all the material Trump generates - he should be glad of that.

In short, Trump supporters have my respect as long as it is a two-way street.

What they seem to be wanting is for the rest of the nation to stop dissenting Trump, and not make fun of him where he leave himself open to it.

That's not going to happen.

President Trump is a public figure. He is fair game. If he doesn't want to be ridiculed, then he should not do ridiculous things.

I respect Trump supporters who engage in civil discourse.

I respect the office which President Trump holds.

I do not respect him as a person. He is wrong for the job. He does not belong in the job. He got it by a fluke, and just barely. He remains unpopular. He is mean, nasty and uncaring. He has no morals, no social graces. He is rejected and excluded by people of culture. He has no class. He is an elite snob. He has no respect for the rule of law. He is selfish and greedy. He is a cheater. He is an adulterer. He is a bad father. He is a liar. He is a racist. He is a misogynist. He is a xenophobe. He is a demagogue. He is disloyal to the USA. He has already violated emoluments. He should be thrown out, but Republicans in Congress are too power-drunk to value nation over party.

All of that is absolutely true, and I respect none of it.

I can respect any Trump supporter who respectfully disagrees with me, but they are few and far between. Many Trump supporters are motivated not only by blocking out the above, but by believing a lot of stereotypes about liberals which simply are not true. Those stereotypes cause them to believe I am some kind of horrible person, and that insulting me will somehow correct that. I am not, and it won't. What it will do is cause me to place posters who flame on me on Ignore.

For the few who manage to support Trump and possess the ability to conduct civil discourse, I welcome that; and am actually fascinated how the well-adjusted can support this person whom I think of as a monster. I have learned that it mostly means they purposely overlook President Trump's misgivings because they are convinced Hillary would have been worse. And they are not proud of him, and wish he would not be so controversial. They used to complain that he tweeted too much, but have given up on stemming the flow of tweet storms. They probably cringe when Trump comes out with some new crassness, but have built up an immunity to it, and cling to belief that things would be worse with Hillary.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

I think Trump is a jerk...

...and I think anyone who still supports him is even more a jerk.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

midcan5 (06-23-2018)

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello kudzu,

Melania Trump has made a surprise visit to a child detention center on the Mexican border.
    And she didn't have to fill out a form two weeks in advance like they told Senator Nelson?

Was Sen Nelson lied to when he was denied access?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Wow, Trump snowflakes want respect? I don't know if they'll ever figure it out but he cares nada for them or their lives, but they listen to his meandering nonsense, believing one thing one minute and its contradiction the next. How can one respect that level of hero worship and naivety.

"Is politics driven by pragmatic self-interest or by identities and ideals? The self-harming voter offers a clue"

https://aeon.co/essays/how-do-elites...-of-themselves

"White American Christian men out of work or in low paying jobs did not vote for Donald Trump because he promised them financial succour, they voted Trump because of a primordial need to preserve their status as a dominant cohort in society while faced with a tidal wave of multicultural migration, says Mutz."

https://www.orfonline.org/expert-spe...ls-america/For the readers:
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

Frank Apisa (06-23-2018), PoliTalker (06-23-2018)

15. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Trumpettes voted a liar and self serving jerk into the most powerful office in the world. Asking a lot for the left to watch this train wreck quietly and respectfully.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Frank Apisa (06-23-2018)

17. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trumpettes voted a liar and self serving jerk into the most powerful office in the world. Asking a lot for the left to watch this train wreck quietly and respectfully.
    And anyone doing that...IS COMPLICIT.

18. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Assumption on your part.

The DNC, for some reason, thinks that anything someone associated with him did, Trump was pulling the strings.

Popadopolous hasn't implicated Trump directly in anything that I am aware of.
    You are not aware because Mueller does not leak. Nobody knows if Trump is toast or if he is getting away clean. Being stupid is not a crime, even for Daffy Donald.

19. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 13 Times in 9 Posts

Trump knew he got no respect from Eagles so he canceled the meeting.

Eagles Offer to Send 2 Or 3 Players, The Owner and the Mascot to WH. Trump Says Don't

etvideo1ataol
    Rockstar
    06-05-2018 10:15:43 AM

The Eagles first were going to have most of the players come to the White House, then they said it would be fewer players. Then wanted to change the date to when the President would be in Singapore.

Finally, they said it would be 2 or 3 players, the Owner and the Team Mascot.

Trump said, Don't bother.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/The-So...571908#M501446

20. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 13 Times in 9 Posts

Trump's followers were implicated.

A restaurant refused to serve Sarah Sanders and her family

Tanya Edwards Yahoo Lifestyle June 23, 2018

Sarah Sanders had a hard time getting dinner in the D.C. area on Friday. She and her family were asked to leave the Red Hen restaurant in Lexington, Va.

Jaike Foley-Schultz, who says he is a waiter at the Red Hen, shared a post on Facebook that said his boss kicked out the press secretary and her party.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/rest...170335133.html

21. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,765 Times in 7,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Trump supporters disrespect all respectable people by taking a share of the oxygen supply.

They know that we've got no use for them, but I wonder if they really know the depth and profundity of our disrespect for them.

Of course, given how much we care about what they think, I can't imagine that our disrespect bothers them much.

They don't want to come out of the hills and swamps anyway.