Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump supporters want respect

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,831 Times in 17,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,597 Times in 4,275 Posts

geeze the right talking about left .Do they read the right wing posts, That is the trademark of this board. Read CFM, Truth Deflector and the slightly more subtle Legion. The rudest and crudest are rights. No contest.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,758 Times in 4,508 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    I repeat that tolerance for the intolerant is not a virtue.
    No one should not be tolerant of your intolerance? That result is hatred toward you rather than simply disagreement.

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Some of them still "preach" it. A few may even practice it.
    You are right. Obviously, most take great pleasure in hating and demeaning those they disagree with. I think it is worse because they hate being on the losing side of the last election. It is like defending your family or sports team against all others.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    No one should not be tolerant of your intolerance? That result is hatred toward you rather than simply disagreement.
    Being tolerant of Trump supporters in an Internet discussion forum...

...is equivalent to bringing a knife to a gun fight. I guess you can do it...but why bother?

Being tolerant of a Trump supporter in an Internet discussion forum...

...is equivalent to being tolerant of a flat Earther. I guess you can do it...but why bother?

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

It is like defending your family or sports team against all others.
    Exactly. Damocles (site owner/admin) has noted that many times.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdberg View Post
    geeze the right talking about left .Do they read the right wing posts, That is the trademark of this board. Read CFM, Truth Deflector and the slightly more subtle Legion. The rudest and crudest are rights. No contest.
    Think so?

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,312 Times in 10,503 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

All 63 million?
    I could begrudgingly give respect to the original 63 million that voted for him. ("Fool me once....") But that cannot be the case for whatever number remaining that still supports the lying buffoon.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Frank Apisa (07-21-2018)

9. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    I could begrudgingly give respect to the original 63 million that voted for him. ("Fool me once....") But that cannot be the case for whatever number remaining that still supports the lying buffoon.
    His approval rating is 43% which is about the same as his percentage of popular votes. I know they are not exactly comparable, but it seems like he has not lost much support among his voters. Today our allegiance is to the social group with which we identify, so we stick by them regardless. If Hillary won and did some stupid stuff, her voters would most likely stick by her.

Interesting research finds when randomly placed in two groups without knowing anything about the others in your group (race, religion, etc.), we could choose to give both groups $100 each or give our group $60 and the other group $40. Most people choose the $60 because it gives more to our group than the other---winning.

10. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Trump's popularity also includes Russians. The Red press has been bragging about Putin's victory and say trump acts like Russian agent. Their TV talking heads are lauding the Putin victory over America.

11. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Republican party is gone. The Trump party does not believe in free trade, something the Repubs have long claimed as a belief. Now they are pro-tariff. trump is talking about tariffs on all Chinese goods. That is not Republican. They are pro adding to the debt. Trumps policies are kicking the debt up a couple truillion. But the right is now at peace with that too. The Repubs have been taken over entirely by Truimp. The Republican party would not shove NATO away and get huggy with rRussia and Putin. But the Trumpettes think it is great.

12. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It is odd, when Obama was in office, the left criticized him plenty. we were unhappy with him not getting universal health care. We did not like his cabinet choices who came from Wall Street and Goldman.Barack got plenty of resistence from the left , many wanting him out of the center. Trumps followers. Silence . Trump is floundering and bumping into things all the time. But not a whisper out of Trumpettes. The most ludicrous expalnations are repeated as fact, indisputable facts. If Trump says it, it must be great. If he changes his mind due toi it being stupid or a lie he did not get away with, they buy that too.

They called Barack, stupidly, our Messiah. What is Trump, your god? You guys never question him or disagree with him.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Frank Apisa (07-21-2018)

14. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Nifty,

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    That's kind of you, but your kindness is unwarranted.

The people of whom you speak are probably not billionaires. If they are not billionaires, then there's is no way that they can explain to you or to me how they benefit from supply side (voodoo) economics.

What does that mean? It means that they are willing to vote directly against their own economic interests, time after time, to vote for people who tell them that their bigotry is justified. They hate people who don't look like them or don't pray like them more than they care about their own family's quality of life economically.

You can find it in your heart to respect these people. You must be a better person than I, because I most definitely cannot. I don't consider it a virtue to tolerate the intolerant.

--Nifty
    It's easy. Many of these people I knew long before Trump began his campaign. While I was shocked to hear of their support for Trump I came to realize it was more of a vote against Hillary than for Trump. I am not going to disown friends, neighbors or relatives over their politics. They didn't disown me because I voted differently than them. We have to go on. It is America's way for us to each vote our own choice. That doesn't mean we are enemies.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump's popularity also includes Russians. The Red press has been bragging about Putin's victory and say trump acts like Russian agent. Their TV talking heads are lauding the Putin victory over America.
    When the election occurred some news stories showed Russians in bars celebrating his victory. They also supported Bernie by defending attacks against him in social media. Hillary should not have questioned the validity of Putin's election--he seems vindictive.

16. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Nifty,

It's easy. Many of these people I knew long before Trump began his campaign. While I was shocked to hear of their support for Trump I came to realize it was more of a vote against Hillary than for Trump. I am not going to disown friends, neighbors or relatives over their politics. They didn't disown me because I voted differently than them. We have to go on. It is America's way for us to each vote our own choice. That doesn't mean we are enemies.
    Yes, those cross-cutting cleavages (friends, family, work colleagues) help us be more accepting of the other side because you already liked those people. Today, the "sorting" means we live in areas of people like ourselves and associate with people like us. More homogeneous groups means you know fewer of those on the other side and allows you to dislike and stereotype them.

Did your friends who were voting against Hillary also vote primarily Republican in past years? If so, it was also identification with those groups and antagonism against Hillary made it easier to support Trump. Posters on this forum are probably more tolerant of those who voted for Trump/Hillary if they are family or long-time friends. They can overlook their vote but when it comes to anonymous Trump/Hillary supporters on this forum they can be rude and nasty with ignorant, bigoted stereotypes. Even though I showed them form numerous sources that Trump voters had higher educational and income levels than their claims, they still find it convenient to believe their exaggerated images. I know people who feel the same way about Hillary voters, homosexuals, blacks, etc.

17. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Melania Trump has made a surprise visit to a child detention center on the Mexican border.
    With Trump now going after Naturalized Citizens who obtained their citizenship illegally, Melania better watch her ass. Trump has already shown he doesn't mind separating mothers from their children.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"