1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katsung47 View Post
    Trump's followers were implicated.
    Funny how the right believes in following one's moral convictions except when that rebounds against them. Anyone with any sense of morality has to be against Trump.
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-20-2018)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,555 Times in 17,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello kudzu,

And she didn't have to fill out a form two weeks in advance like they told Senator Nelson?

Was Sen Nelson lied to when he was denied access?
    And that insulting stupid jacket. What was she thinking and how did her staff allow her out the door.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-20-2018)

5. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    I think Trump is a jerk...

...and I think anyone who still supports him is even more a jerk.
    Rather undeniable that there is a substantial percentage of his acolytes prone to frenetic rabid froathy-mouthed behavior such as tiki torch marches end execution by automobile.

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    And that insulting stupid jacket. What was she thinking and how did her staff allow her out the door.
    This is why the power structure has a beef with Don, he doesn't care if he exposes the corruption of the system. He just does it 'cause he can.

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    This is why the power structure has a beef with Don, he doesn't care if he exposes the corruption of the system. He just does it 'cause he can.

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Yup, and it was corrupt way before Don, so in a way, Don is a public service announcement. Yeah it IS that fucked up folks.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (07-20-2018)

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katsung47 View Post
    ‘We want respect!’: Trump supporters whine that everyone mocks them in pity-soaked NPR interview
    Brad Reed BRAD REED 27 APR 2018

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/wan...npr-interview/

Look at who they're supporting ... does he show anyone respect? Other than Putin
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

11. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Saw interview today with woman Christian. When asked about her view of trump jailing babies and kids, she said she has no problems with it. that was because god chose him to be president, so who is she to question. Yeah, mocking is easy. They make it that way.
    This woman is trying to impose her religion upon others. That is not respectful. If she had respect for others, she would allow others to have different religions or no religion at all. She needs to understand that there are limits to her freedom of religion. Her religion is her religion, not that of others. She needs to recognize that there must be boundaries, that her religion ends where it begins to involve others who do not wish it.

Nobody forced her to believe what she does. She needs to understand it is unreasonable for her to force others to believe what they do not. She is not respecting others' right of freedom of religion. People need to be free to believe whatever they wish of their own free will, without having it forced.

She is free to advocate for what she believes in, but she has no right to expect it from others.

This does not give others any right to mock her. That would be a case of two wrongs not making a right. Mocking her is disrespectful, regardless of her lack of understanding. There is no respectful mocking.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Kacper,

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Popadopolous hasn't implicated Trump directly in anything that I am aware of.
    You are not aware of everything that Mueller is.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bourbon,

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    They're getting what they Give ...

This is not helpful. You are treating the entire opposing side the same way the worst of the opposition behaves.

The people who are trying to be respectful do not deserve this.

All this does is fan the flames of polarization.

Making America dysfunctional again.

This is exactly what Putin wants.

This plays right into Putin's hand.

Putin thanks you for doing his dirty work.

You have hurt the United States of America.

You are flipping off Americans.

Putin doesn't have to do it. He's got you.

I want you to think about this.

You've got a great mind. You don't have to do this.

Argue the issues. You do a good job when you argue the issues.

Don't go low.

It is better to stay high.

Stay high all the time and you will feel better.

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Kacper,

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Attorney client privilege belongs to the client, not the attorney.
    And it can be overridden with a judicial order.

15. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Bourbon,

This is not helpful. You are treating the entire opposing side the same way the worst of the opposition behaves.

The people who are trying to be respectful do not deserve this.

All this does is fan the flames of polarization.

Making America dysfunctional again.

This is exactly what Putin wants.

This plays right into Putin's hand.

Putin thanks you for doing his dirty work.

You have hurt the United States of America.

You are flipping off Americans.

Putin doesn't have to do it. He's got you.

I want you to think about this.

You've got a great mind. You don't have to do this.

Argue the issues. You do a good job when you argue the issues.

Don't go low.

It is better to stay high.

Stay high all the time and you will feel better.

I use to think that way ... but Conservative Republicans taught me a better way.

... and I'm really liking it
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

16. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello NiftyNiblick,

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Trump supporters disrespect all respectable people by taking a share of the oxygen supply.

They know that we've got no use for them, but I wonder if they really know the depth and profundity of our disrespect for them.

Of course, given how much we care about what they think, I can't imagine that our disrespect bothers them much.

They don't want to come out of the hills and swamps anyway.
    Count me out of your stereotyping.

I know there are good people who support Trump. I know them in every day life. I have neighbors, friends, relatives who support Trump for whatever reason. Good people. They simply see things differently. Mostly I believe they are more opposed to Hillary than supportive of Trump. But they have no place to go. Either they support Trump or they appear to help liberals, something they feel is wrong. Deep seated beliefs guide them to make these decisions. It doesn't mean they are bad. Anybody can make a mistake. I believe it is a mistake but they don't see it. That doesn't make them bad. It is their right to believe as they wish. That gives me no right to disrespect them. So count me out of your stereotyping. Count me as standing up for what is right. I have my own beliefs. I also have strong morals. I love my neighbors. I love my fellow countrymen. That love is not predicated on their beliefs. I love my enemies. It is the logical thing to do. I am an atheist, but I express more of the spirit of Christianity than many Christians do.

It is logical to love your fellow humans because without them you are nothing.

We need each other. It is illogical to fail to recognize that.

Humans have what we have because we work together to create it. Humans are social animals. If we love ourselves, we must love society.

I love all of humanity, even the man nasty mixed up ones who must be loved at a distance.

I have faith in humanity to progress. Sure there are gains and losses in that progression. I view Trump and all he stands for as a loss. Obama was a gain. It's all relative. Over the course of history humanity advances. My faith is strong. Nobody tells you these kinds of things so I had to invent my own faith. Love is the way. John Lennon was right.

You may say I am a dreamer; but I am not the only one.

17. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Good morning rjhenn, my friend,

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    Funny how the right believes in following one's moral convictions except when that rebounds against them. Anyone with any sense of morality has to be against Trump.
    Some on the right do that, and some on the left do it too.

18. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

That was a very poor decision to wear that.