Thread: Did Trump back down?

1. #211 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    Nothing unconstitutional about it at all
    Detaining someone indefinitely is unconstitutional. It's a violation of the 14th Amendment, and the practice was struck down by the Supreme Court in Hedges v. Obama.

You don't know that because you're not from here, are you? Be honest.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And I agree 100%. This EO will get shot down. I fucking hope it does. That is a win win for Trump. He can say "I tried and it is proof I was following the law and that Congress had to do something"
    He wasn't following the law because there is no law that says families should be ripped apart when they are detained while seeking asylum. That law exists nowhere and in all these posts, you haven't been able to show anywhere it does. And by signing this EO, he admitted that the policy of ripping families apart was his, not the law.

He fucked himself and the GOP because it will blow back on them in November.

3. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Then it goes back to separating the kids according to the Flores settlement and 9th Circuit Court ruling until Congress does something.
    No. What the Flores settlement said and then what the courts affirmed was that unaccompanied minors could not be detained for a period of more than 20 days. Nowhere in the Flores settlement does it say that families are to be ripped apart. You're lying because you're a Nazi and Nazis lie.

4. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,847 Times in 14,186 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

The new time cover

“If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

5. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

is why I am not upset and you still are. I can see the long term. You cannot
    You're not upset because a) you're not even an American, so you don't care and b) you're a sociopath. Russia is full of sociopaths.

6. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Kind of have to be sure a group of men, women and kids are actually a family before throwing them all together. That plus the fact that most minors showed up at the border with no adults at all, so naturally all THOSE kids will be grouped together in a separate shelter.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

7. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They have to be kept somewhere until the hearing.
    There was a program called the Intensive Supervision Appearance Program (ISAP) that kept families together and 99.8% of those in the program made their court date.

Then you Nazis stripped funding for that program and cancelled it.

So you created a problem just so you could be cruel to brown people because you're a Nazi.

8. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    No. What the Flores settlement said and then what the courts affirmed was that unaccompanied minors could not be detained for a period of more than 20 days. Nowhere in the Flores settlement does it say that families are to be ripped apart. You're lying because you're a Nazi and Nazis lie.
    You are either lying or uninformed. Allow me to educate you as I did the other day.

The Flores settlement applied to unaccompanied minors and stated they could not be detained for more than 20 days

The 9th Circuit Court came behind that and said it also applied to ACCOMPANIED minors.

So if you support protecting our borders those two things make it impossible to not separate the families. Tough shit for you. Trump out played you guys with his EO like I said yesterday. I didn't see it at first. But I see it clearly now.

9. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Can't just release them into the country can we?
    Why not? When we funded the ISAP program, 99.8% of those in the program made their court appearance. None of them were detained.

That makes no sense does it? Or is that what you really want
    So, the problem with you being a Russian troll is that you don't really understand how America works. Sure, your FSB officers may have briefed you on some of the basics of American law, but when it comes to the finer details, it's obvious you're just sort of gleaning info from other right-wing trolls online. When people arrive in this country seeking asylum, they have to turn themselves into the authorities. You can't declare asylum until you're in custody. What used to happen is that those people would be processed and then released via the ISAP program, in which 99.8% of those in the program made their court appearance. Depending on the judge's decision, the asylum seeker would either be granted asylum status, or deported. But prior to that court hearing, if the immigrant was enrolled in a program like ISAP, they were not detained in detention centers. They were monitored and had to check in with their case manager prior to the court date. And it was 99.8% successful, according to ICE.

Then you Nazis defunded that program and didn't have a solution other than locking people up on misdemeanor charges and tearing families apart. Why? Because you're Nazis and that's what Nazis do.

10. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Damn. A libtard that actually gets it. And it is a win win for President Trump because he can accurately say that he did what the liberals asked him to do and tried to fix it with an EO even though he told them he couldn't. He will be proven to be right and the libtards will have egg on their faces.
    He didn't sign the EO for the benefit of anyone but himself. And he's not a master strategist. All he did here was pull a stunt that traded one human rights abuse for another. And he did that because what he really wants to do is rip families apart because he's a Nazi, his supporters are Nazis, and that's what Nazis do.

11. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why not? When we funded the ISAP program, 99.8% of those in the program made their court appearance. None of them were detained.

So, the problem with you being a Russian troll is that you don't really understand how America works. Sure, your FSB officers may have briefed you on some of the basics of American law, but when it comes to the finer details, it's obvious you're just sort of gleaning info from other right-wing trolls online. When people arrive in this country seeking asylum, they have to turn themselves into the authorities. You can't declare asylum until you're in custody. What used to happen is that those people would be processed and then released via the ISAP program, in which 99.8% of those in the program made their court appearance. Depending on the judge's decision, the asylum seeker would either be granted asylum status, or deported. But prior to that court hearing, if the immigrant was enrolled in a program like ISAP, they were not detained in detention centers. They were monitored and had to check in with their case manager prior to the court date. And it was 99.8% successful, according to ICE.

Then you Nazis defunded that program and didn't have a solution other than locking people up on misdemeanor charges and tearing families apart. Why? Because you're Nazis and that's what Nazis do.
    There is a specific process for applying for asylum. Don't follow it and you are here illegally.

It would appear that I am way more informed than you. Just the other day you were squealing "What law was Trump following" and I had to educate you about Flores and the 9th Circuit ruling.

Just admit that Trump just played you guys yesterday.

Sorry, they are not going to be released into America never to be heard from again. You lose bitch. Suck it up

#MAGA BITCHES

12. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Again the libtards have been outplayed by Trump. They mistakenly thought he would fight like he always does. I have to admit, I didn't see it at first. But again, he just played this brilliantly.
    He did fight like he always does; he fights like Conservatives have fought for 40 years - create a problem, complain about the problem, half-solve it, then play the victim when praise isn't given.

We've seen this playbook many times before played by far more clever people.

Trump isn't Belicheck...he's Mornhinweig.

13. #223 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He didn't sign the EO for the benefit of anyone but himself. And he's not a master strategist. All he did here was pull a stunt that traded one human rights abuse for another. And he did that because what he really wants to do is rip families apart because he's a Nazi, his supporters are Nazis, and that's what Nazis do.
    He did exactly what liberals were demanding he do. It is what Chuck Schumer wanted him to do. Why are you unhappy with it?

It is tough for you. Suck it

14. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Libtards are boxed in a corner. He just gave them what they say they wanted. Now what do they do?
    No liberal wanted indefinite, unconstitutional detention. You present a false choice; either rip families apart or detain them indefinitely in violation of Due Process and the 14th Amendment.

You present false choice because that's what Nazis do.

By signing the EO, Trump admitted that the policy of ripping families apart was his, and that he could do something about it. So all that time you spent saying it was the law, you were actually bullshitting us. So since you were bullshitting us about that, why should we trust in anything you say?

15. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Illegal aliens are detained DEFINITELY until their hearing.
    No they're not. It's unconstitutional and was struck down by the courts in Hedges v. Obama.

Learn facts.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (06-21-2018)