Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHY DO WE NEED LESS PEOPLE VOTING AND NOT MORE??

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts

Default WHY DO WE NEED LESS PEOPLE VOTING AND NOT MORE??

quote-they-want-everybody-to-vote-i-don-t-want-everybody-to-vote-as-a-matter-of-fact-our-leverag.jpg

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/i...r-suppression/

Can someone explain to me why it is better for any party, but especially the Republican party that less people vote??

If your party and your candidate has a platform and policies that appeals to a larger array of people -- shouldn't you want higher voter participation instead of less?

After some of the usual suspects get done crying about how illegals are voting in the millions -- I would really like for a rational person to explain to me why any party would want less voters and not more?

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhym3pays View Post
    quote-they-want-everybody-to-vote-i-don-t-want-everybody-to-vote-as-a-matter-of-fact-our-leverag.jpg

Can someone explain to me why it is better for any party, but especially the Republican party that less people vote??

If your party and your candidate has a platform and policies that appeals to a larger array of people -- shouldn't you want higher voter participation instead of less?

After some of the usual suspects get done crying about how illegals are voting in the millions -- I would really like for a rational person to explain to me why any party would want less voters and not more?

Well 3pays, I think you answered your own question. "If your party and your candidate has a platform and policies that appeals to a larger array of people -- shouldn't you want higher voter participation instead of less?"

Ya*see, the Shareholding Class is benefitting from the status quo. There's NO NEED to change much. The Problem from the 'majority of Americans' point of view, is that they are not benefitting at all. Sooooo, if we can go back to the Constitution, and just allow white, male, property owners, over 21, to vote ... everybody will be happy.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,786 Times in 4,529 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 188 Times in 184 Posts

Because most voters are strongly attached to their party and that attachment continues regardless of policies and platforms. Voters with lower levels of income/education like blacks and Hispanics are strongly attached to the Democratic Party. But lower income/education (and younger) do not vote in high numbers.

So, if blacks, Hispanics, and youth turn out to vote, they almost always vote Democratic. So it is in the interest of Democrats to have a high turnout. Black voters did not turn out in 2016 as well as 2008 and 2012 and Hillary lost a lot of votes that went to Obama. Voter turnout is much higher in presidential elections than mid-terms--do Democrats do better in presidential years and Republicans do better in mid-terms.

Those facts were true before people started whining about illegals voting or voter suppression. In recent years party loyalty has increased and more people vote straight party.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Implicit in your clearly biased source that the GOP wants lower turn out is to win is the the DNC wants higher turn out to win. It offers nothing substantive as to why who wins matters

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,912 Times in 3,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,032 Posts

We have the intellect to imagine the finality of our own demise but do not have the sophistication to overcome our survival instinct and accept it.
    Solution? Magical thinking and childish promises of everlasting life.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun
    a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
    Ask yourself honestly if this describes what you believe to be true.
    If the answer is yes, you are a racist.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No matter where you go, ... you just can't escape the Grammar Police.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (06-21-2018)

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Implicit in your clearly biased source that the GOP wants lower turn out is to win is the the DNC wants higher turn out to win. It offers nothing substantive as to why who wins matters
    So the creator of the Christian Right is a biased sourced? How?

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Well 3pays, I think you answered your own question. "If your party and your candidate has a platform and policies that appeals to a larger array of people -- shouldn't you want higher voter participation instead of less?"

Ya*see, the Shareholding Class is benefitting from the status quo. There's NO NEED to change much. The Problem from the 'majority of Americans' point of view, is that they are not benefitting at all. Sooooo, if we can go back to the Constitution, and just allow white, male, property owners, over 21, to vote ... everybody will be happy.
    Everybody as in the white males?

And what if a few mega rich people decide to buy up all the property because you know "free markets" -- wouldn't that concentrate even more power in even less people?

Or fewer for those who get moist over grammar

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rhym3pays For This Post:

Jack (06-21-2018)

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Everybody as in the white males?

And what if a few mega rich people decide to buy up all the property because you know "free markets" -- wouldn't that concentrate even more power in even less people?

Or fewer for those who get moist over grammar
    OK. I'll try to be more clear.

Republicans prefer less/fewer people to vote because most people don't like their ideas.
    Democrats want more people to vote because the Democrats support a 'safety net' for all people and more/more people like that idea.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    OK. I'll try to be more clear.

Republicans prefer less/fewer people to vote because most people don't like their ideas.
    Democrats want more people to vote because the Democrats support a 'safety net' for all people and more/more people like that idea.
    That is BS -- this country is a majority Christian conservative country so republican ideas clearly would resonate more with the American people if they were not being blocked out by minorities entertaining us with their fancy dance moves and slam dunks--and the media pushing democrat policies on us.

How can we be sufficiently anti-gay if we keep having shows like Queer Eye renewed for more seasons?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rhym3pays For This Post:

Jack (06-21-2018)

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That is BS -- this country is a majority Christian conservative country so republican ideas clearly would resonate more with the American people if they were not being blocked out by minorities entertaining us with their fancy dance moves and slam dunks--and the media pushing democrat policies on us.

How can we be sufficiently anti-gay if we keep having shows like Queer Eye renewed for more seasons?
    Well, obviously I can't refute your amazing insight and superior logic, but ... I can point out that Hillary got MORE votes last Election than Trump.

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

So the creator of the Christian Right is a biased sourced?
    Seriously?

How?
    Seriously?

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Anything more recent, then 2012??
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sort Dicks don't do The do The "Trick"
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,861 Times in 17,284 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,603 Times in 4,280 Posts

The Repubs figured out long ago that they had a better change to win by fewer voters. Here is the miserable father of voter suppression in 1980.