Thread: Now that the IG report, the same report conservatives were banking on,

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Default Now that the IG report, the same report conservatives were banking on,

pulled the rug out from beneath three quarters of their conspiracies, I noticed yesterday in the House "hearings" and today on Fox that Strzok has returned as the major scapegoat.

The thing that cracks one up about Strzok is that there were over 5,000 Emails examined, and the conservatives cherry picked a dozen phrases and words out of those 5,000 Emails to imply a orchestrated effort to dump Trump. The "secret societies" was my favorite, that along with "POTUS wants everything we have," and I noticed yesterday Goudy wants an investigation into who is the "we" in "no he won't, we'll will stop him." Probably the "secret societies"

Wouldn't common sense dictate that if some plot did exist, and Strzok was a major player, the sheer volume of Emails, over 5,000, would deliver more proof than a dozen or so quotes?

Can't be long before the right starts beating the drums for an "investigation" into Horowotz and perhaps Wray seeing they didn't tell them what they wanted to hear

2. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Aarr! (06-20-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Can't be long before the right starts beating the drums for an "investigation" into Horowotz and perhaps Wray seeing they didn't tell them what they wanted to hear
    Yeah, I'm surprized they haven't ganged up on Wray by now. If they are to salvage anything from their conspiracy theories, they have to say that Wray is in on the cover-up.

I guess Trump hasn't given the word yet.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by seeker View Post
    Yeah, I'm surprized they haven't ganged up on Wray by now. If they are to salvage anything from their conspiracy theories, they have to say that Wray is in on the cover-up.

I guess Trump hasn't given the word yet.
    Horowotz would be my guess, "investigate" the investigators

Representative Nadler put it best yesterday, "why is it that, no matter how many times we litigate this question House Republicans can think of nothing better to do than endlessly investigate Hillary Clinton."

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

The thing that cracks one up about Strzok is that there were over 5,000 Emails examined, and the conservatives cherry picked a dozen phrases and words out of those 5,000 Emails to imply a orchestrated effort to dump Trump.
    Seems to be standard operating procedure for conservatives. Exactly the same "method" used in the phony ClimateGate non-scandal.

I would think one would not have to lie, practice deception, cherry pick, and be willfully dishonest if one actually thought they had the facts on their side.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Seems to be standard operating procedure for conservatives. Exactly the same "method" used in the phony ClimateGate non-scandal.

I would think one would not have to lie, practice deception, cherry pick, and be willfully dishonest if one actually thought they had the facts on their side.
    Good point, probably why no one has heard anything from the Mueller team, they don't need to resort to those tactics

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

pulled the rug out from beneath three quarters of their conspiracies, I noticed yesterday in the House "hearings" and today on Fox that Strzok has returned as the major scapegoat.
    Lol, wishful thinking again, eh?

I'm still waiting for those negative Hillary text messages from Strozk you claimed existed.
    Every life matters

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Lol, wishful thinking again, eh?

I'm still waiting for those negative Hillary text messages from Strozk you claimed existed.
    Nah, the IG put most of the right wing Hillary plots to bed, why did you think they were so upset yesterday when they couldn't get from Horowitz the scenarios they wanted?

Don't care about Strozk's Emails, they are irrelevant, IG just confirmed it, and it was Strozk who drafted Comey's letter to Congress explaining why he was reopening the investigation, seems kinda weird for a guy plotting to get Clinton elected

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,613 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

The thing that cracks one up about Strzok is that there were over 5,000 Emails examined, and the conservatives cherry picked a dozen phrases and words out of those 5,000 Emails to imply a orchestrated effort to dump Trump. The "secret societies" was my favorite, that along with "POTUS wants everything we have," and I noticed yesterday Goudy wants an investigation into who is the "we" in "no he won't, we'll will stop him." Probably the "secret societies"

Wouldn't common sense dictate that if some plot did exist, and Strzok was a major player, the sheer volume of Emails, over 5,000, would deliver more proof than a dozen or so quotes?

you do know the IG report on the Russia timeline is still coming, right?

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    Does it make a difference? Chances are the facts will verify what everyone else other than kool aid drinkers believe just as the recent IG report did

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post

I'm looking forward to it! We'll have to be patient for a year or two, I guess.

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nah, the IG put most of the right wing Hillary plots to bed, why did you think they were so upset yesterday when they couldn't get from Horowitz the scenarios they wanted?

Don't care about Strozk's Emails, they are irrelevant, IG just confirmed it, and it was Strozk who drafted Comey's letter to Congress explaining why he was reopening the investigation, seems kinda weird for a guy plotting to get Clinton elected
    Lol, as I suspected, you were lying about the text messages. Are libs incapable of honesty?

You really should read the entire report, it put nothing to bed, only confirmed what we already knew, and added a few details. If you think this is over, you're nuts. The dishonesty of liberals never ceases to amaze me though. If this shoe were on the other foot, well, you know.
    Every life matters

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Lol, as I suspected, you were lying about the text messages. Are libs incapable of honesty?

You really should read the entire report, it put nothing to bed, only confirmed what we already knew, and added a few details. If you think this is over, you're nuts. The dishonesty of liberals never ceases to amaze me though. If this shoe were on the other foot, well, you know.
    Totally untrue

First off you never read the entire 500 page report, cracks one up how conservatives think they've rebuttaled by implying they've read the whole report, like it makes them more knowledgeable, be honest, you did not read the whole report

It certainly did put it to bed, "we found no evidence that the conclusions by the prosecutors were affected by bias or other improper considerations. Rather, we determined that they were based on the prosecutors assessment of the facts,"in other words there was no orchestrated conspiracy working against Trump

And of course it is not over, just like BemghaziGate was never over for seven years, as long as there exist individuals as Sean, Rush Laura, Glenn, Ann, and the umpteen other right wing demogogues preying off conservatives hatred the inneundos will persist