Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian Family Values?

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    can something which is self-imposed be a "plight".....
    Certtainly. I'm very sympathetic to the plight of the poor bastards who try to escape michigan.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    <applause> Well said. I hope that this issue continues to get massive negative publicity, and that it is made crystal clear that this separation of families is NOT existing law; it is a Trump Administration policy that is being used to force upon us what they want. I suspect that the majority of those who usually vote (R) are not as stupid and easily duped as the drooling Trumpanzee cretins we see here. I hope that this is true.
    I don't care about the publicity or the politics. I just someone will realize that these are actual human beings they are dealing with and not criminals to be punished or enemies to be killed. The irresponsible rhetoric that is driving these actions needs to stop.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (06-20-2018)

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    nice slam against populism..do I look sound like the uneducated masses?
    but wait - you used the term "uninformed lower classes" even worse bias.

That is elitist claptrap, and a real reason Trump was elected- to push back on the out of touch globalists/statists
    And the reason why we're in the current unconscienable situation.

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Lol, so much projection, so little time. You know damn well you don't believe one word of what you just posted.
    Every word of it. I understand political theory and how it works and I understand the history of populist politicians and the rhetoric they use and who their target audience is. This stuff is straight out of Machiavelli's The Prince.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-20-2018), ThatOwlWoman (06-20-2018)

7. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Every word of it. I understand political theory and how it works and I understand the history of populist politicians and the rhetoric they use and who their target audience is. This stuff is straight out of Machiavelli's The Prince.
    Nah, I don't believe you. You are much too smart to believe that claptrap. You are simply pushing the false narrative to forward an agenda. Works great on the hive minded leftist drones, but thinking people like you and I know better.
    Every life matters

8. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,786 Times in 32,152 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Certtainly. I'm very sympathetic to the plight of the poor bastards who try to escape michigan.
    we only leave to avoid all the ugly-american type tourists from Ohio......

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,786 Times in 32,152 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I just someone will realize that these are actual human beings they are dealing with and not criminals to be punished......
    yet they are actual human beings who are criminals waiting to be punished........

10. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,175 Times in 10,393 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    LOL. Funny how people on the left are trying this ploy after pronouncing Christianity dead and declaring it not the basis for public policy re: gays, abortion, or anything else. Either way a True Scotsman fallacy is still a fallacy.
    LOL.

Funny how you make up the generalization that all people on the left have pronounced Christianity dead. When did you come to that conclusion? Or did you merely wish to create your own logical fallacy?

11. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hvilleherb View Post
    Protecting the Christians that are already in this country is the Christian thing to do.
    Why do they need protecting? Where is their god?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-20-2018)

13. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Never heard of "The Intercept", but The Atlantic is a well known commie rag. I would no more accept their story than you would accept something from Brietbart, or The Gateway Pundit.
    "commie".

14. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not really. It’s an example of why most responsible politicians, including the majority of Republicans, view the populism used by Trump to appeal to the lowest classes by demonizing the poor, immigrants, ethnic/racial minorities and foreigners, for popular support as being grossly irresponsible. There is no doubt that appealing to the fears and resentments to the uninformed lower classes is a tried and true, though certainly cynical, political method to gain political support but these are the consequences of such irresponsible political behavior. Real human beings are harmed needlessly.

As if the plight of these immigrants isn’t bad enough. This isn’t enforcement of the law. This is what tyranny looks like.

And don’t think that tyranny can’t be turned against you if it becomes politically expedient to demonize a group you get lumped into.
    Excellent point, Mott.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (06-20-2018)

16. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello kudzu,

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Well, Trump did say he wanted Americans to respond to him as if he were Kim Yong Un. Somebody needs to remind him daily that he's NOT a king.
    REMIND him? Heck, somebody has to EXPLAIN it to him. He totally doesn't get it.

He has led this pampered life, and looked down on those who he considers inferior, for so long he doesn't know that it is like to be part of the masses. How can he possibly lead those he doesn't respect?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-20-2018), ThatOwlWoman (06-20-2018)

18. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

And the reason why we're in the current unconscienable situation.
    you are making an over-arching statement about populism in general because of 1 bad decision by Trump/Sessions.

we are done with getting illegals marching across the border -largely unskilled labor that takes jobs from existing unskilled Americans.. I swear to gawd I have yet to see anyone but Hispanic roofers down here.

And this isn't a "racist" statement.
    It's a fact illegals are taking good jobs from Americans who want to work but have no other marketable skills.
    Enough. America First.

19. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,545 Times in 14,029 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Why do they need protecting? Where is their god?
    The same place it was on 9-11
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

20. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Getin the ring,

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    Mott the Hoople: "Not really. It’s an example of why most responsible politicians, including the majority of Republicans, view the populism used by Trump to appeal to the lowest classes by demonizing the poor, immigrants, ethnic/racial minorities and foreigners, for popular support as being grossly irresponsible. There is no doubt that appealing to the fears and resentments to the uninformed lower classes is a tried and true, though certainly cynical, political method to gain political support but these are the consequences of such irresponsible political behavior. Real human beings are harmed needlessly.

As if the plight of these immigrants isn’t bad enough. This isn’t enforcement of the law. This is what tyranny looks like.

And don’t think that tyranny can’t be turned against you if it becomes politically expedient to demonize a group you get lumped into."
    that's a lot of babble for 8 oclock in the morning.

scoreboard check

306 to 225
    I give your response a score of 2 out of 100.

No thought required. Completely lazy.

Has nothing at all to do with Mott's very intellectual post. (and that was very good, Mott.)

You could have made that same response to 99% of the discussions here.

Do you have a file of generic responses you draw from?