Thanks
    Thanked 55,138 Times in 33,847 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post

His words were so prophetic.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-10-2018), Rune (07-11-2018)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,061 Times in 7,495 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,103 Times in 1,048 Posts

Theocracy is possibly the worst kind of tyranny.

The Mike Pence types of the world, exactly the same as the Islamic theocrats, are a cancer on humanity itself.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

evince (07-10-2018), Guno צְבִי (07-10-2018), Rune (07-11-2018)

5. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I’m laughing at you thinking you know the mind of God.
    It's in the Bible. Here. Educate yourself. Your ignorance offends me. Almost as much as your arrogance.
    https://billygraham.org/decision-mag...ngs-god-hates/

6. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

His words were so prophetic.
    Almost as pathetic as what comes out of your lying, ignorant mouth...what was that? You said prophetic? BWAHAHAHA!

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Theocracy is possibly the worst kind of tyranny.

The Mike Pence types of the world, exactly the same as the Islamic theocrats, are a cancer on humanity itself.
    I'm not aware of anyone in America who wants a Theocracy. What we DO want is for our elected officials to obey the Constitution. Is that too much to ask?

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The psychology of Christian Fundamentalism?
    How about the physiology of Christian Fundamentalism, at least as practiced in the United States?

It's brain damage--a catastrophic birth defect largely blamable on the absence of sufficient abortions.

Even in enlightened Massachusetts, we have people like this. You can't have a civilized conversation on any subject without them bringing their perverse version of religion into it.

My buddy's sister-in-law is an old broad who tries to save my soul every time I run into her at a gathering at his house.

I'll let Dr. Scholls save my soles.....thank you just the same.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-10-2018)

10. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    The need to sustain complex connections at the level of thought (not fact) through the evolution of mental abilities that are necessarily connected with developing all the metaphoric resources of language. The literal in contrast puts an end to thought. It offers the mind a way to shut down, to reify itself. It thereby exorcises the greatest fear: interpretation and its inevitable result, the conflict of interpretations and with it the terror of being forever bereft of dogmatic certitudes. A metaphor is the lighting flash of an intelligence that sees, as Aristotle asserts, connections that can only be sustained by a thought that thereby liberates itself from the immediate.

Literalism is the attempt to arrest all of this before it takes hold. It’s innermost necessity is the resistance to metaphor. For with metaphor one enters a world that has the power to unravel the literal mind. Let me offer one example. “There is no God and Mary is his mother.” In this great aphorism Santayana asserts an ontological impossibility and a psychological necessity. I once tried it out on some fundamentalist friends. They were at first puzzled by the unintelligibility of the statement then amazed that Santayana and I were so dumb we couldn’t see the contradiction. Finally the light went on, almost in chorus, the literalist deconstruction of the statement: “If he wasn’t a God how could she be a mother?” All attempts to suggest that the statement wasn’t meant to be taken literally only produced further confusion then frustration then anger. Santayana’s statement made no sense precisely because it was a koan, a paradox intended to produce reflection, even introspection. It was there I suggested that one would find the key to its meaning; not in the assertion that its meaningless constituted evidence that Santayana was perverse or mentally unbalanced. We were, of course, talking at irretrievable cross-purposes with no way to bridge the gulf between us. Which was, of course, the point of the exercise.

Literalism is the first line of defense of a mind that wants to put itself to sleep. A sensibility that like Nietzsche’s last man can only blink in blank incomprehension at anything that can’t be immediately understood. It is the great protection against a world teeming with complexities.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2005/01...undamentalism/
    Why do secular humanists always attempt to define a subject they self confess to knowing nothing about.....or they would accept the faith? Why should any creature take advise from a creature that denies CREATION? Its simply a matter of logic and reason in a prima facie manner. FYI: Psychology is not really an objective science.....its subjective to HELL AND BACK. Unless you are making the claim of having the ability to read the thought process of another human being. Its not like humans have ever revealed a capacity for DECEPTION. Its just another elitist smart ass attempting to prove to every one just how smart they are...…………… Truth: Some of the most evil psychopaths in history have the ability to APPEAR PERFECTLY NORMAL. If Psychology were indeed a viable form of science.....would that science not preclude the crimes of psychopaths from existing in the first place? Ain't Logic a hell of a thing?

Conclusion: Physician first demonstrate the ability to heal they self before casting stones within a glass dwelling.
    Last edited by Ralph; 07-10-2018 at 10:57 AM.

11. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grugore View Post
    It's in the Bible. Here. Educate yourself. Your ignorance offends me. Almost as much as your arrogance.
    1 Corinthians 2:11

I think Billy Graham worshipped Mammon, I don’t think he’s an authority, he became rich on Jesus.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-10-2018), Rune (07-11-2018)

13. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,840 Times in 14,181 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

how nice for you
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

14. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You lost me at "creation," Ralph.

Why accept science when you can fall for a crazy story instead?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-10-2018)

16. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,840 Times in 14,181 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Almost as pathetic as what comes out of your lying, ignorant mouth...what was that? You said prophetic? BWAHAHAHA!
    Are there no mental health clinics where you live?
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

17. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oh, snookums, sorry you’re so cranky, maybe you should pray for a kinder spirit to guide you.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-10-2018)

19. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

1 Corinthians 2:11

I think Billy Graham worshipped Mammon, I don’t think his an authority, he became rich on Jesus.
    Even the Devil quotes Scripture. You're not fooling anyone. Guno is a confirmed liar. He does nothing but lie. God hates him. It says so, right in the Bible. He causes trouble every chance he gets. With the possible exception of being a murderer, he is everything God hates.

20. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    You lost me at "creation," Ralph.

Why accept science when you can fall for a crazy story instead?
    Exactly: Perhaps you were never CREATED. If not explain the existence of life in an OBJECTIVE manner via a presentation of the Scientific Method. Or better yet.....just demonstrate through the Scientific Method how you naturally came to be from STAR DUST. No subjective theories.....just FACTS of SCIENCE. Objective through Observation, reproducible through experimentation that reveals consistency throughout the methodology. Just show us the experiment that brings about life void of creation.

21. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Even the Devil quotes Scripture. Your not fooling anyone. Guno is a confirmed liar. He does nothing but lie. God hates him. It says so, right in the Bible. He causes trouble every chance he gets. With the possible exception of being a murderer, he is everything God hates.
    Lol, I doubt it, but you just keep thinking you know the mind of God, it’s amusing.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Rune (07-11-2018)