Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello noise,

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    they all (POTUS) play golf. I think it's an electoral requirement
    It should be a requirement that any candidate documents their handicap under independent verification, and SHOW THEIR TAXES.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Frank Apisa (06-20-2018)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

"Robots don't have sick children" K #46

At least, none they know about. ; )
    "270 prominent scientists say within 40 years robots will be doing most of the jobs we do not want to do. Especially illegal robots from Mexico." Jay Leno
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sear For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-20-2018)

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

"It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sear For This Post:

Frank Apisa (06-20-2018), PoliTalker (06-20-2018)

8. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,252 Times in 7,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello noise,

Yeah, as if the nation isn't crazy enough!

I am quite certain much of the nation could not HANDLE playing golf.

It totally messes up your head.

Look what it has done to the President!

(and he cheats at it - no lie - that has been documented)
    Yes he cheats...and lies about his handicap.

NO single digit handicap player would ever move the ball around...and regularly take mulligans and gimmies'

And no decent golfer would ever drive a golf cart over a green...like the abomination does often.

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Frank,

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    PoliTalker "It is not so much the fall of the 'American Empire' as it is the rise of the rest of the world.

At the end of WWII, it is only logical that the USA was on top. We were one of the few industrialized nations which was NOT bombed to smithereens.

We had a HUGE HEAD START on the rest of the industrial world.

So now the rest of the world has caught up.

American exceptionalists can't stand it. Their problem is they believed the BS that America, and Americans, were 'better' than the rest of the world. Baloney. It was geography. It was just physically impossible to mount any kind of large attack on the US homeland.

Having your nation intact is a huge advantage over having your nation utterly destroyed."
    Excellent post, Poli.

Excellent.
    Thanks, Frank, but I must give credit to the person who pointed that out to me. That person made a documentary film called: "Capitalism, a Love Story." That person is Michael Moore.

I saw that film years ago and still remember.

It is so poignant, it stuck with me. The man is really talented.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Frank Apisa (06-20-2018)

11. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

12. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

It is not so much the fall of the 'American Empire' as it is the rise of the rest of the world.

At the end of WWII, it is only logical that the USA was on top. We were one of the few industrialized nations which was NOT bombed to smithereens.

We had a HUGE HEAD START on the rest of the industrial world.

So now the rest of the world has caught up.

American exceptionalists can't stand it. Their problem is they believed the BS that America, and Americans, were 'better' than the rest of the world. Baloney. It was geography. It was just physically impossible to mount any kind of large attack on the US homeland.

Having your nation intact is a huge advantage over having your nation utterly destroyed.
    The main reason the US Homeland is secure from invasion is the high rate of civilian gun ownership.

You are correct that we had a headstart but we had many other advantages as well such as rail and road infrastructure, raw materials and abundance of coal, oil and hydropower but our real strength was assured by the food we grow, at times feeding half the world.

In terms of denying American exceptionalism, in many ways I agree with your points, except to point out that in the area of manufacturing, our workforce is unassailable.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

13. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Rune,

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    The main reason the US Homeland is secure from invasion is the high rate of civilian gun ownership.
    The WWII German military was well equipped and well trained at the time. But even with what they had, an effective attack on the American homeland, where they capture and hold vital regions and resources was beyond their scope.

You are correct that we had a headstart but we had many other advantages as well such as rail and road infrastructure, raw materials and abundance of coal, oil and hydropower ...
    And it was also a big advantage that those things remained intact and at our disposal.

...but our real strength was assured by the food we grow, at times feeding half the world.

In terms of denying American exceptionalism, in many ways I agree with your points, except to point out that in the area of manufacturing, our workforce is unassailable.
    When was it that Japanese and German autos began to displace American autos as the most reliable? What, about 30 years after WWII? During the 50's and 60's our cars were king of the road. The best and most admired. By the 70's and 80's Japanese and German cars began to displace American made cars as the most popular cars. Are ANY American cars now 100% American made?

14. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    As opposed to having gulags?
    Oh we have them, we call them corporate for profit prisons with convict labor leasing.

15. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    Oh we have them, we call them corporate for profit prisons with convict labor leasing.
    They did not pay you what you thought you were worth huh?.......

16. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Rune,

The WWII German military was well equipped and well trained at the time. But even with what they had, an effective attack on the American homeland, where they capture and hold vital regions and resources was beyond their scope.

And it was also a big advantage that those things remained intact and at our disposal.

When was it that Japanese and German autos began to displace American autos as the most reliable? What, about 30 years after WWII? During the 50's and 60's our cars were king of the road. The best and most admired. By the 70's and 80's Japanese and German cars began to displace American made cars as the most popular cars. Are ANY American cars now 100% American made?
    That has nothing to do with labor.
    Labor doesn't design cars, select material quality, or determine marketing direction.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

17. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Robots don't have sick children
    Yup, and the power structure knows they will have to "manage" a growing surplus population more and more unable to make a living in america as AI and automation grow. And they will have to pay for that.

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    They did not pay you what you thought you were worth huh?.......
    Thanks for the concern, I'm good, the societal trendline is obvious to even the most casual of observers however.

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    Yup, and the power structure knows they will have to "manage" a growing surplus population more and mroe unable to make a living in america as AI and automation grow. And they will have to pay for that.
    Or they can just move their corporate headquarters to somewhere else......