Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Massive Climate Funding By Wealthy Foundations Failed to Sway Public Opinion

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Tell me why Pruitt is wrong in wanting to make EPA decision making more transparent? How revolutionary to actually compel them to show how they arrived at their conclusions?

https://www.cagw.org/thewastewatcher...its-about-time
    You trying to change the subject?

That has nothing to do w/ the many rollbacks that you had absolutely no idea took place.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Tell me why Pruitt is wrong in wanting to make EPA decision making more transparent? How revolutionary to actually compel them to show how they arrived at their conclusions? Look up PM2.5 and the EPA, they wanted to ban most wood burning stoves and open air bbqs using charcoal.

https://www.cagw.org/thewastewatcher...its-about-time

Pruitt rejects science.. He's a creationist.

There are new calls for EPA chief Scott Pruitt to resign – but from the right.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/0...from-the-right

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

evince (06-19-2018)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,767 Times in 27,241 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Saudi Money Shaping U.S. Research | The National Interest 2013

King Abdullah and Saudi Aramco are spending tens of billions on technology research ... Among the areas KAUST is not funding is research on biofuels—which compete .

http://nationalinterest.org/commenta...-research-8083
    you would think they would get interested in wind and solar

5. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-19-2018)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,767 Times in 27,241 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

no

hes a sociopath climbing the scaffolding organized religion creates

7. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-19-2018)

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    hes a sociopath climbing the scaffolding organized religion creates
    Does Islam create a scaffold, racist?

What about Judaism?

Buddhism?

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

So what? That would only bother me if he starting using that to frame EPA policy. He doesn't, and you've only mentioned it as a smearing tactic. You're an Episcopalian, did you take that to the office?

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    You trying to change the subject?

That has nothing to do w/ the many rollbacks that you had absolutely no idea took place.
    I don't really want to discuss it with you, you've proved to be primarily driven by emotion and irrationality in the past.

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

I don't really want to discuss it with you, you've proved to be primarily driven by emotion and irrationality in the past.
    That's ironic. You are the one who reacted emotionally on this thread.

And you completely denied the many documented rollbacks on environmental protections under the Trump admin. Aren't you supposed to be the expert on this topic or something? To not know what has been happening under his admin is mind-boggling.

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

It is supposed to be triple digits or thereabouts today. I will be sucking natural gas electricity to run my greenhouse gas producing A/C on overdrive and not feel bad about it.

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So what? That would only bother me if he starting using that to frame EPA policy. He doesn't, and you've only mentioned it as a smearing tactic. You're an Episcopalian, did you take that to the office?
    Pruitt is milking the opportunity for as much as he can get financially.. including getting his wife into a high paying job by using EPA employees.

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Pruitt is milking the opportunity for as much as he can get financially.. including getting his wife into a high paying job by using EPA employees.
    It is mostly half truths or just downright lies, like his travel expenses.

Pruitt, in office since Feb. 17, 2017, has taken two international trips costing a total of $160,000.

His immediate predecessor as EPA administrator under the Obama administration, Gina McCarthy, took 10 international trips costing $630,000. McCarthy’s immediate predecessor, Lisa Jackson, took four international trips costing $332,000, according to the document.

Allegations against Pruitt made by political opponents and some in the media have been looked into by the EPA’s inspector general, the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, the Government Accountability Office, and the White House.

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke also has come under criticism in the media, in large part for his use of chartered flights. But as The Daily Signal reported last week, Zinke’s chartered flight expenses are lower than those of two predecessors under the Obama administration.

In his opening statement before the Energy and Commerce subcommittee on environment, Pruitt, the former attorney general of Oklahoma, defended himself against the allegations while highlighting cost savings to taxpayers that have been produced through deregulation.

“I realize there have been very troubling media reports over the past few weeks,” Pruitt told committee members, adding:

"I promise you that I more than anyone want to establish the hard facts and provide answers to questions surrounding these reports. Let me be very clear, I have nothing to hide as it relates to how I have run the agency for the past 16 months. I’m not afraid to admit that there has been a learning process. When Congress or independent bodies find fault in our decision-making, I want to correct that and ensure that it does not happen again. Ultimately, as administrator of the EPA, the responsibility for making necessary changes rests with me and no one else.

With that being said, facts are facts and fiction is fiction. And a lie doesn’t become truth just because it appears on the front page of a newspaper. Much of what has been targeted toward me and my team has been half-truths or at best stories so twisted they do not represent reality".

https://www.thegwpf.com/epa-chief-sc...esty-hearings/

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It is mostly half truths or just downright lies, like his travel expenses.

Pruitt, in office since Feb. 17, 2017, has taken two international trips costing a total of $160,000.

His immediate predecessor as EPA administrator under the Obama administration, Gina McCarthy, took 10 international trips costing $630,000. McCarthy’s immediate predecessor, Lisa Jackson, took four international trips costing $332,000, according to the document.

Allegations against Pruitt made by political opponents and some in the media have been looked into by the EPA’s inspector general, the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, the Government Accountability Office, and the White House.

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke also has come under criticism in the media, in large part for his use of chartered flights. But as The Daily Signal reported last week, Zinke’s chartered flight expenses are lower than those of two predecessors under the Obama administration.

In his opening statement before the Energy and Commerce subcommittee on environment, Pruitt, the former attorney general of Oklahoma, defended himself against the allegations while highlighting cost savings to taxpayers that have been produced through deregulation.

“I realize there have been very troubling media reports over the past few weeks,” Pruitt told committee members, adding:

"I promise you that I more than anyone want to establish the hard facts and provide answers to questions surrounding these reports. Let me be very clear, I have nothing to hide as it relates to how I have run the agency for the past 16 months. I’m not afraid to admit that there has been a learning process. When Congress or independent bodies find fault in our decision-making, I want to correct that and ensure that it does not happen again. Ultimately, as administrator of the EPA, the responsibility for making necessary changes rests with me and no one else.

With that being said, facts are facts and fiction is fiction. And a lie doesn’t become truth just because it appears on the front page of a newspaper. Much of what has been targeted toward me and my team has been half-truths or at best stories so twisted they do not represent reality".

https://www.thegwpf.com/epa-chief-sc...esty-hearings/

Even Republicans want Pruitt to step down.

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Even Republicans want Pruitt to step down.
    So what?

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So what?
    Pruitt isn't as stupid as Trump or as crude, but he's every bit as crooked.

What do you think of the new lakes in the Empty Quarter? (Rub al-Khali)

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Pruitt isn't as stupid as Trump or as crude, but he's every bit as crooked.

What do you think of the new lakes in the Empty Quarter? (Rub al-Khali)
    If you buy into AGW then surely it's a good thing is it not? It could revert back to conditions last seen 9000 years ago.
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 06-19-2018 at 01:35 PM.