Members banned from this thread: SmarterthanYou, Cancel 2018. 3, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Cancel 2018.2, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, countryboy, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, Mitchthomas20172017, coolzone and rhym3pays

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Trump Border Family Seperation Policy Controversy

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    You're a collaborator who thinks you can hug the fascism out of Nazis.

Fact is you were never going to be anti-Nazi anyway.

If your immediate reaction to Nazis isn't "yeah, those fuckers should all be shot", then your judgement is questionable at best.
    My reaction has been consistent. You are stupid.

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello LV426,

400,000 Americans died fighting for freedom against fascists just 75 years ago. That was the cost of freedom.
    No, that was only one payment out of many. The cost of freedom goes beyond war. It includes is countering propaganda every day. The lies will never cease. The truth must prevail. Human rights must prevail.

It wasn't paid so that the offspring of that generation today can go throwing around Seig Heils, chanting "Jews will not replace us", and running people over in their cars.
    You're wrong. It absolutely guarantees them the right to make the biggest fools out of themselves possible. The important part is it also guarantees us the right to speak truth to the lies.

Vengeance is the only thing that can put a stop to this. You can't hug a Nazi into not being a Nazi anymore. Once you go fascist, you never go back.
    Vengeance begets vengeance. Vengeance can only guarantee more vengeance. There is no end to it. And you are completely wrong about changing people. Some white supremacists have completely turned around and now fighting against racism.

The nation is full of reformed racists. You just have to look and you will see them.

I dare you to read this entire piece:

Reformed Racists: Is There Life After Hate for Former White Supremacists?

"Accidental Courtesy [premiering Monday, February 13; check local listings] portrays African American musician Daryl Davis’s attempt to change white supremacists by gradually shattering their prejudices with his friendship. [I saw the film - it was truly extraordinary. I would highly recommend it for anyone who believes vengeance and insults are the only way to deal with the problem] It’s a complicated, risky, and controversial pursuit, but Davis has succeeded in convincing numerous men to abandon their hatred to become reformed racists.

One of Daryl’s former white supremacist friends is Scott Shepherd, seen in the film, who was once a Grand Dragon in the Klan but is now an anti-racism activist who Tweets under the handle @ReformedRacist. How did Shepherd get from there to here?

Shepherd “made it his life’s mission to defeat the creed he once espoused, the people [he] once called friends have sent him death threats, yet still he carries on, desperate to atone for the sins of his past” [International Business Times]. At the Martin Luther King Center, Shepherd recently publicly apologized to the family of the slain Civil Rights leader for all the terrible things he once said about Dr. King. In a video of that discussion (below), with Daryl Davis alongside him, the Mississippi native revealed that he was raised by an African American woman, and blames having a broken home with an alcoholic father, along with self-loathing, for why he turned toward the Klan (which was basically in his backyard).

Like Scott Shepherd, other high profile white supremacists who’ve become reformed racists began their reconsideration when confronted with the humanity of individuals that contradicted their poisonous assumptions. ..." (The pice goes on to describe numerous other white supremacists who have reversed their views, almost all of them because of good people who befriended them.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2018.2 (06-19-2018)

4. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello LV426,

Clinton won the popular vote by 2-3 million.

Trump is only in office because of the Russian assistance he enlisted, and the GOP went along with it and have leaned in ever since.

And the Nazis are already here. They've already killed people. They've already shot up their schools. They've already ran people over in their cars.

We are at war with them.
    That was one person in one car.

Your exaggeration is just lazy writing.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2018.2 (06-19-2018)

6. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,836 Times in 17,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello LV426,

Truth is white power Americans have been energized by Trump.

7. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump rants about "gaming the system," but not Melania's "Genius Visa" for "Extraordinary Ability."

Updated | Seventeen years ago, Melania Knauss was granted legal residency in the United States through a green card with the elite EB-1 program—dubbed the “Einstein visa”—reserved for those who demonstrate that they have "an extraordinary ability, are an outstanding professor or researcher, or are a multinational executive or manager."

At the time she was a Slovenian model who had appeared in European runway shows, the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition and a Camel cigarette Times Square billboard. She was also dating Donald Trump.

The year the future first lady obtained legal residency, 2001, only five people from her home country got green cards through the EB-1 program, according to State Department statistics reported by The Washington Post on Thursday. That year, a fraction of one percent, just 3,376 of more than one million green cards issued, were granted to immigrants with “extraordinary ability,” government data indicates.

It is unclear how Knauss—who married Trump in 2005—qualified for the so-called “genius visa,” or “Einstein visa,” as Bruce Morrison, a former Democratic congressman who wrote the Immigration Act of 1990 defining EB-1, calls it. Applicants "must be able to demonstrate extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics through sustained national or international acclaim," according to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. "Your achievements must be recognized in your field through extensive documentation."

http://www.newsweek.com/melania-trum...instein-826431
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

8. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

No, that was only one payment out of many. The cost of freedom goes beyond war. It includes is countering propaganda every day. The lies will never cease. The truth must prevail. Human rights must prevai
    Exactly, and Nazism is the antithesis of human rights. So why are you defending it, even in abstract terms?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

9. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're wrong. It absolutely guarantees them the right to make the biggest fools out of themselves possible. The important part is it also guarantees us the right to speak truth to the lies.
    They're not making fools of themselves, they're threatening whole groups of people. The first amendment doesn't protect you when you make threats.

10. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Vengeance begets vengeance. Vengeance can only guarantee more vengeance. There is no end to it. And you are completely wrong about changing people. Some white supremacists have completely turned around and now fighting against racism.
    Grow up.

Sometimes violence is the answer.

It was why we fought a war over this very thing 75 years ago.

Apparently, it's a war you learned nothing about, and took no lessons from. That's because you're dense.

11. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Some white supremacists have completely turned around and now fighting against racism.
    How's that working out? Not great. Nazism is even more of a threat now than it was before these Nazi Love Outreach programs.

When are you people going to learn you can't reform fascists? For every 1 person those groups "convert", there are thousands of fascist Trump supporters who emerge.

Seems to me that the Nazi Love Outreach just doesn't work. Time to put that horse out to pasture. No amount of good these guys can do will ever make up for the fact that they were fascists. So they can continue paying penance...as they should...but don't expect forgiveness or an open mind. Expect only doubt, mistrust, and condescension.

12. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The nation is full of reformed racists. You just have to look and you will see them.
    LOL!

This nation isn't reformed in its racism. It's just as racist as it's always been. You're just hearing about it more now because of technology.

13. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hard pass. Seen it when it first aired on PBS and I'll tell you exactly what I said when I first saw it; No amount of good any fascist can do, reformed or not, does not balance out the hideousness of being fascist in the first place. So I think it's great that these people are paying penance. They should absolutely. But they're never going to get forgiveness. They poisoned that well with their choices. So if they end up paying the consequences for other fascists, consider that their penance too. By showing forgiveness to Nazis and fascists, you give current Nazis and fascists an out they can play on when the heat gets turned up too high on them. I'm not about giving fascists an easy way out like this. Fuck those people, and fuck you for trying to say we should spare the cockroaches because one of them figured out how to do a neat trick.

Once a fascist, always a fascist.

14. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Parkland was one person. El Paso High was one person. The Waffle House in TN was one person. Charleston was one person.

You add them together and you see the pattern emerging.

It's lazy to say that even fascists deserve a shot. It's lazy to not come down on the position of "fuck yes, all Nazis should be killed". If that isn't your inherent reaction, then your judgement sucks and you simply cannot be trusted with the responsibility of democracy.

15. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

A prison bus filled with child car seats... welcome to Trump's America!

A bus used for transporting infants and small children to and from one of these facilities, went viral earlier this year, horrifying viewers who had never imagined a prison bus with car seats.

https://hillreporter.com/trump-donor...-policies-2814

The article is about children and parents alike who are suffering while private prisons are benefitting. These wealthy owners can bribe Trump and reap a lucrative payoff in a juicy contracts with Immigration and Customs Enforcement to operate numerous private prisons to incarcerate immigrants.
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

16. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello LV426,

Grow up.

Sometimes violence is the answer.

It was why we fought a war over this very thing 75 years ago.

Apparently, it's a war you learned nothing about, and took no lessons from. That's because you're dense.
    No. Violence is not the answer. The rule of law must prevail. Killing people is against the law. Vigilanteism is against the law.

The battle is in changing beliefs.

Apparently, you did not read the article about reformed racists. Skinheads and KKK members who were befriended by the people they hated, and then their hatred crumbled.

I dared you to read it but you could not meet that challenge. Are you afraid of ideas? Are you afraid of learning?

That article disproves your claims. It shows how wrong it is to think the only way to combat racism is through violence and vitriol.

I have said things which are bothersome to you. I have challenged your thinking. You find the message I am saying bothersome so you're attacking the messenger.

You have no quarrel with me. You're losing the argument so you're looking for the easy way out, trying to derail the discussion, turn it into an insult fest. I'm not biting. I will never insult you. I will only tell you the truth.

If our nation's founders had acted toward one another the way you espouse, there would be no United States of America.

The battle for freedom is fought every single day. Yes, WWII was part of the battle for freedom. No, it wasn't the whole thing. Freedom isn't something you win once and then forget about it. Freedom must be protected every day.

Freedom means freedom of speech.

That includes allowing people to say things you disagree with.

Thought control is not freedom.

17. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,836 Times in 17,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Trumpys are controlling the immigration issue. Have yui seen any babies or little girls takes from their parents? Nope, just occasionally boys, boys that will grow up and kill Americans in their beds. Showing the babies and little girls is like showing birds covered in oil after an oil spill. Pretend they don't exist and you can win? If people see the truth, their feelings may be tugged., Lets keep the message of the terrifying immigrants who are killers. They are MS-13 members. They want your jobs. They will wait tables, pick crops and clean up after you. Those are the jobs you want for yourselves.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-20-2018)