Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Viva la Mexico!

  1. #31 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    36,431
    Thanks
    45,676
    Thanked 18,211 Times in 12,271 Posts
    Groans
    1,376
    Groaned 1,520 Times in 1,438 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Croatia beat Russia, it was a very good game. Congrats Croatia and England, moving on.
    Insulting family members of other JPP posters is for tiny minds, don't be a tiny mind.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

    Threedee (07-07-2018)

  3. #32 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    53,266
    Thanks
    14,240
    Thanked 13,092 Times in 9,817 Posts
    Groans
    613
    Groaned 915 Times in 872 Posts

  4. #33 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,420
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasist View Post
    Croatia beat Russia, it was a very good game. Congrats Croatia and England, moving on.
    At least one team from a Muslim country is still in contention.

  5. #34 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    20,257
    Thanks
    5,062
    Thanked 5,747 Times in 2,919 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 237 Times in 232 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Croatia beat Russia, it was a very good game. Congrats Croatia and England, moving on.
    I am a little bummed about this, but Russia did extremely well considering they were widely considered to be the weakest team in the World Cup.

  6. #35 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    53,266
    Thanks
    14,240
    Thanked 13,092 Times in 9,817 Posts
    Groans
    613
    Groaned 915 Times in 872 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I am a little bummed about this, but Russia did extremely well considering they were widely considered to be the weakest team in the World Cup.
    I'm impressed that Putin found a way to fast-track Russia to the quarter-finals by getting it into such an easy group stage. Hopefully, none of those Russian boys arrives home to find Novichok on his doorknob.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Threedee For This Post:

    Phantasmal (07-08-2018)

  8. #36 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    20,257
    Thanks
    5,062
    Thanked 5,747 Times in 2,919 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 237 Times in 232 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    I'm impressed that Putin found a way to fast-track Russia to the quarter-finals by getting it into such an easy group stage. Hopefully, none of those Russian boys arrives home to find Novichok on his doorknob.
    Yes, they lucked into an easy group, but they were not even expected to make it out of group stage, only lost to Croatia on PK in the quarter finals, and anytime the lowest ranked international team beats a powerhouse like Spain it is quite an accomplishment. Impressive showing, no matter how you slice it.

    I think England might be the team to beat now, though Belgium has been impressive.

  9. #37 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    53,266
    Thanks
    14,240
    Thanked 13,092 Times in 9,817 Posts
    Groans
    613
    Groaned 915 Times in 872 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Yes, they lucked into an easy group, but they were not even expected to make it out of group stage, only lost to Croatia on PK in the quarter finals, and anytime the lowest ranked international team beats a powerhouse like Spain it is quite an accomplishment. Impressive showing, no matter how you slice it.

    I think England might be the team to beat now, though Belgium has been impressive.
    Well, Spain barely survived Morocco, so, it wasn't much of a powerhouse this year.

  10. #38 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    36,431
    Thanks
    45,676
    Thanked 18,211 Times in 12,271 Posts
    Groans
    1,376
    Groaned 1,520 Times in 1,438 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I am a little bummed about this, but Russia did extremely well considering they were widely considered to be the weakest team in the World Cup.
    I’m sorry, yes, they did do very well.
    Insulting family members of other JPP posters is for tiny minds, don't be a tiny mind.

  11. #39 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    53,266
    Thanks
    14,240
    Thanked 13,092 Times in 9,817 Posts
    Groans
    613
    Groaned 915 Times in 872 Posts

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Threedee For This Post:

    Mott the Hoople (07-12-2018)

  13. #40 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    49,248
    Thanks
    12,370
    Thanked 15,264 Times in 10,618 Posts
    Groans
    262
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,007 Posts

    Default

    Has anyone seen Tom? Has anyone heard from England? Trump should reconsider his trip to England.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

Similar Threads

  1. Mexico is charging foreigners at the U.S.-Mexico border crossing
    By Havana Moon in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 03-24-2018, 05:55 PM
  2. Viva El Donaldo!
    By Celticguy in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2016, 04:45 PM
  3. Viva la revolution
    By Yurt in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 05:08 PM
  4. Viva La Revolution?
    By cawacko in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2010, 07:16 PM
  5. Viva Obama!
    By The Bare Knuckled Pundit in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-18-2009, 12:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •