Thread: Paradox for Conservatives

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    a) I don't get cable.

b) "Partisan hysteria"? It was the lead story on tonight's NBC Nightly News. And it's been prominently featured elsewhere. I'd tell you whether it lead on FNS, but today's broadcast was preempted by soccer.

c) "the children are separated from their parents while border agents sort things out."
    "the children are separated from their parents while border agents sort things out" for the first time in history; due to Trump administration procedure change, which the president himself has blamed on congressional Democrats.

d) "The CPS is guilty of worse travesties on *our own citizens*,"
    probably. Are you alleging that's a change for the worse since Trump's inauguration too?
    Or are you capable of comprehending the difference between the complications of CPS handling cases individually with virtual infinite variation,
    vs
    a brand new Trump administration policy change unprecedented in history?

No.
    I didn't think so.
    I guess calling it sorting out makes the experience less traumatic for a child. They get pulled out of their parents arms and taken away by strangers, to sort things out, i suppose that does not hurt so much.,

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Nothing in the Constitution limits our rights to citizens. If the Constitution prohibits government from abridging free speech, then it cannot abridge the speech of citizens, immigrants, or illegal immigrants. It can arrest and deport illegals but there is no right to be in the U. S. illegally.
    Too funny. You think that the Founders wrote the Constitution for the world, not just the country that they fought and died for.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    So then the government is the source of rights?

What's the omission?
    Re-read the post that you just quoted.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Why would I continue with a thread I was banned from, pusswipe?

A liar AND a pussy. Bad combo, bitch.
    you would continue so you could be informed to the fullest extent. it seems you wish to remain ignorant though and say inaccurate things. this is why you get banned from my threads. it's all insults and vitriol from you in a very childish manner, with no aim to improve or better yourself. In short, you are a troll.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irthriuth View Post
    you would continue so you could be informed to the fullest extent. it seems you wish to remain ignorant though and say inaccurate things. this is why you get banned from my threads. it's all insults and vitriol from you in a very childish manner, with no aim to improve or better yourself. In short, you are a troll.
    Boooooommmm!

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 343 Times in 329 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    Re-read the post that you just quoted.

Done. Can you answer my questions now?

The 14th makes clear that rights to "life, liberty, [and] property" as well as "equal protection of the laws" are guaranteed to all persons, not just citizens. You don't know what you are talking about.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Timshel For This Post:

Rune (06-21-2018)

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Sure, but they retain rights to due process. Many Trumpsters have argued they have no rights and that immigrants in general have no rights. They made those very arguments in regards to Trump's Muslim ban.
    Due process rights are prescribed by law, not natural rights. I have problems with the "God given" or natural rights concept because nobody can tell me what it includes and doesn't include and how we know we have such rights since most nations to not.

My main point is that there is no irony between those concepts as described in the OP.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    Too funny. You think that the Founders wrote the Constitution for the world, not just the country that they fought and died for.
    Not the world, but everybody living legally in the U. S. Even those living illegally cannot have their speech, press, religion, etc. restricted. The Constitution does not confer any rights to anyone, it restricts what government can do. There is no mention in the Constitution of any rights just applying to citizens.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Rune (06-21-2018)

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irthriuth View Post
    Here's the way it works, pusswipe. If you wish for someone to actually read your lying bullshit, then don't ban them.

But, I see why you do. You wish to avoid someone like me outing your fecal-laden posts.

You don't want to be insulted, bitch? Great. Simple fix. Don't post lying, sophomoric crap and you won't be treated like the lying, sophomoric pusswipe that you are.

Vaginal vault.

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Due process rights are prescribed by law, not natural rights. I have problems with the "God given" or natural rights concept because nobody can tell me what it includes and doesn't include and how we know we have such rights since most nations to not.

My main point is that there is no irony between those concepts as described in the OP.
    That's because you recognize the problem with "God-given" or endowed by some "Creator". The paradox is for those who blindly accept the Creator thing.

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    IRTHRIUTH SPEAKS THE TRUTH - IRTHRIUTH SPEAKS THE TRUTH - IRTHRIUTH SPEAKS THE TRUTH - IRTHRIUTH SPEAKS THE TRUTH - IRTHRIUTH SPEAKS THE TRUTH - IRTHRIUTH SPEAKS THE TRUTH - IRTHRIUTH SPEAKS THE TRUTH - IRTHRIUTH SPEAKS THE TRUTH - IRTHRIUTH SPEAKS THE TRUTH -
    He does? You mean referring to a 2014 poll as "new"? Nope, cocksucker. Just like you, he lies.

Here's the truth about pusswipes, Irthriuth included:

Members banned from this thread: Cypress, Jarod, Mott the Hoople, AssHatZombie, blackascoal, midcan5, Yurt, evince, ZappasGuitar, signalmankenneth, Phantasmal, Rune, Supposn, iolo, Yoda, Mr.Badguy, Text Drivers are Killers, CFM, Bill, domer76, sear, archives, Nomad, Micawber, TTQ64, crowonapost, Tomas Fabregas, mak2, floridafan, CharacterAssassin, JqYaqui, ThatOwlWoman, Tranquillus in Exile, Controlled Opposition, katzgar, Jade Dragon, Nordberg, Crazy Cat Lady, Bourbon, Frank Apisa, Gotcha68, Centerleftfl, kudzu, PoliTalker, rjhenn, guno, Rigby5, Fentoine Lum, Oracle Of JPP 714, Jack, DebraDoesDonald, seeker, Kaiden, magellan, HaroldCruz, rhym3pays, LV426, Zarathustra and Wry Catcher
    Last edited by domer76; 06-17-2018 at 09:22 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Rune (06-21-2018)

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 343 Times in 329 Posts

Due process rights are in deference to natural rights. Jefferson's wording in the DofI imitates Locke's and the 14th borrows those words in ensuring due process rights.

Many nations have these same rights.

There is certainly irony in any argument that states that certain rights are universal (it is not necessary that one contends they come from God) regardless of the law, but that they only exist for citizens. That contention is patently absurd.
    Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the homeborn among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not the world, but everybody living legally in the U. S.
    Therefore illegals don't have the rights guaranteed by the Constitution.

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Republicans do not know what a paradox is...

18. The Following User Groans At Micawber For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (06-18-2018)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

TTQ64 (06-18-2018)

20. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Done. Can you answer my questions now?

The 14th makes clear that rights to "life, liberty, [and] property" as well as "equal protection of the laws" are guaranteed to all persons, not just citizens. You don't know what you are talking about.
    Wow. So you've never actually read the Constitution. My response to your question is to refer to the fiorst few words:

We the People of the United States...