Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Paradox for Conservatives

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Republicans hate edumacation. They are so very ignorant. A paradox is a subtle. Retarded hillbllly
    conservatives do not apprehend subtlety or nuance. So dumb, so sad. We need a large centralized government
    with a morass of overlapping regulation and enforcement to care for these congenitally helpless and atavistically
    slothful lesser humans.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Rune (06-21-2018), TTQ64 (06-18-2018)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Conservatives claim these rights to be God given, are we to believe God gives Americans rights he does not give non-Americans?
    An illegal American immigrant in Guatemala is not going to have the same rights as a Guatemalan citizen either. So what’s your point? Now if you’re talking about HUMAN rights, you’re full of shit, but if you mean they don’t have the rights guaranteed to Americans by the Bill of Rights, well, I for damn sure hope they don’t get those! I really don’t want a bunch of illegals running around the country with 2nd and 4th amendment rights. Tell me, do you want them to have the right to vote too?
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

4. The Following User Groans At Callinectes For This Awful Post:

Rune (06-21-2018)

5. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Rights come from God not the Government.

Immigrants don’t have the same rights as Americans!

Actually, they don't have the same rights and Human Beings ... according to IMMIGRATION HISTORY
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

" Retarded hillbllly conservatives do not apprehend subtlety or nuance." Mc #46
    I believe that's intrinsically contradictory.

"Conservative" means:
    conservative (ken-sûr´ve-tîv) adjective
    1. Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change.
    2. Traditional or restrained in style: a conservative dark suit.
    3. Tending to conserve; preservative: the conservative use of natural resources.

noun
    One favoring traditional views and values.

- conser´vatively adverb
    - conser´vativeness noun *
    Your comment "do not apprehend subtlety or nuance"

a) What's the difference between "subtlety" and "nuance"?

b) The definition of conservative indicates that they (we) favor tradition.
    But they (we) can't favor the conservative, without
    1) knowing our own principles
    2) knowing the alternates
    3) and based upon that information, favoring tradition. Upon what would that favor be based, if not "subtlety or nuance"?

I think you're just trying to insult conservatives or conservatism, and instead have merely embarrassed yourself.

* Excerpted from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition © 1996 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed from INSO Corporation; further reproduction and distribution in accordance with the Copyright Law of the United States. All rights reserved.
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sear For This Post:

Flash (06-18-2018)

8. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Jarod,

Basic, powerful; yet inescapable.

Their God is the god of everything, but HE 'favors the USA.' (I've got one word for this - BALONEY!!!)

God loves all, but he loves America more? (Can you imagine a stack of baloney slices - picture enough cholesterol to give an elephant a stroke - so high that it actually falls over on itself due to the shear weight and lack of substance?)

Simply AMAZING.

How can people GET such ideas???

What. Is stupidity contagious?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by callinectes View Post
    An illegal American immigrant in Guatemala is not going to have the same rights as a Guatemalan citizen either. So what’s your point? Now if you’re talking about HUMAN rights, you’re full of shit, but if you mean they don’t have the rights guaranteed to Americans by the Bill of Rights, well, I for damn sure hope they don’t get those! I really don’t want a bunch of illegals running around the country with 2nd and 4th amendment rights. Tell me, do you want them to have the right to vote too?
    Gayrod: Guns, no; votes yes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Callinectes (06-18-2018)

11. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    That is not a paradox. Legal immigrants do have the same rights as Americans. Illegal immigrants are arrested for breaking governmental laws.
    That paradox is that if rights come from God then they should apply to everybody.

Doesn't God want families to have a right not to be ripped apart?

Children need their parents.

You've got to get things pretty misconstrued to think it is Godly to rip children away from their parents?

What did the children do wrong?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-18-2018)

13. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Jarod,

Basic, powerful; yet inescapable.

Their God is the god of everything, but HE 'favors the USA.' (I've got one word for this - BALONEY!!!)

God loves all, but he loves America more? (Can you imagine a stack of baloney slices - picture enough cholesterol to give an elephant a stroke - so high that it actually falls over on itself due to the shear weight and lack of substance?)

Simply AMAZING.

How can people GET such ideas???

What. Is stupidity contagious?
    post #50
    If I may clarify:

The point PT seems to be corroborating here is the Jeffersonian notion advanced in our DOI that:
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that
    they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that
    among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.— That to
    secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their
    just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form
    of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the
    People to alter or to abolish it ...
    a) It's an inspiring if not soaring segment of political rhetoric intended to rally the colonists to Revolution.

BUT !!

b) If our source of rights is god, and god does not exist, then we have no rights.

And pegging our rights to god thus pegs our rights to a proposition that has gone unproven for millennia.

So in practical terms, Lowell summed it up fairly well.
    "They have rights who dare maintain them." -- James Russell Lowell
    Your source of rights, great and small, trace back to you.
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

14. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't think religious people need to resolve a "paradox," rather they need therapy.

Personally I do not apply the term paradox to simple contradiction or hypocrisy. To me a paradox has an added dimension
    of being, at once, both consistent and inconsistent. Again to me, that is granting your right wing simpleton far too much credit.
    They lack the depth to percieve any instance of paradox. The mind that can do that can hold more than one thought at the same time.
    A conservative is more akin to a rat in a nine hole box endeavoring to risk or flee subject to the vagaries of the brain stem.

15. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 343 Times in 329 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    Wow. So you've never actually read the Constitution. My response to your question is to refer to the fiorst few words:

We the People of the United States...
    All that indicates is that it was written by people of the United States. It says nothing about citizenship, and there was no such thing as US citizenship, of course. You are one ignorant fuck.

Btw, do you use the preamble to justify your entitlement to a welfare check too?

14th amendment is quite clear that all persons have rights which they can not be deprived of without due process.

16. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    All that indicates is that it was written by people of the United States. It says nothing about citizenship, and there was no such thing as US citizenship, of course. You are one ignorant fuck.

Btw, do you use the preamble to justify your entitlement to a welfare check too?

14th amendment is quite clear that all persons have rights which they can not be deprived of without due process.
    I sense you are frustrated since I'm totally destroying you here, but it's a rather simple concept that you are failing to grasp.

"The People" can only write a law that applies to them. They lack the authority to make laws for others outside of their jurisdiction.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Callinectes (06-18-2018)

18. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello domer76,

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    He does? You mean referring to a 2014 poll as "new"? Nope, cocksucker. Just like you, he lies.

Here's the truth about pusswipes, Irthriuth included:

Members banned from this thread: Cypress, Jarod, Mott the Hoople, AssHatZombie, blackascoal, midcan5, Yurt, evince, ZappasGuitar, signalmankenneth, Phantasmal, Rune, Supposn, iolo, Yoda, Mr.Badguy, Text Drivers are Killers, CFM, Bill, domer76, sear, archives, Nomad, Micawber, TTQ64, crowonapost, Tomas Fabregas, mak2, floridafan, CharacterAssassin, JqYaqui, ThatOwlWoman, Tranquillus in Exile, Controlled Opposition, katzgar, Jade Dragon, Nordberg, Crazy Cat Lady, Bourbon, Frank Apisa, Gotcha68, Centerleftfl, kudzu, PoliTalker, rjhenn, guno, Rigby5, Fentoine Lum, Oracle Of JPP 714, Jack, DebraDoesDonald, seeker, Kaiden, magellan, HaroldCruz, rhym3pays, LV426, Zarathustra and Wry Catcher
    I am not banned from this thread. But I am now beginning to wonder why I don't just Ignore and threadban you? All I see you contributing here is flames.

New flash: Some people don't come here to waste their time reading petulance.

Why don't you just stop attacking people and transcend into a thoughtful poster contributing positively to civil discourse? Can we not at least be united in a common desire to improve the human condition and a dedication to work together with mutual respect to brainstorm ideas for consideration?

Or do you think the whole world is nothing but a combination of a popularity contest and an insult-fest.

19. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 58 Times in 51 Posts

LEGAL immigrants have the same rights we do. ILLEGAL immigrants are criminals and have only the right to return from whence they came. I don't see a problem.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to The Ugly Truth For This Post:

Callinectes (06-18-2018)

21. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 343 Times in 329 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    I sense you are frustrated since I'm totally destroying you here, but it's a rather simple concept that you are failing to grasp.

"The People" can only write a law that applies to them. They lack the authority to make laws for others outside of their jurisdiction.
    If our laws can only apply to the people, by which you mean citizens, then how is it we can arrest noncitizens?

No, the 14th makes it crystal clear that due process and the guarantee of equal application of the laws applies to all PERSONS, within the jurisdiction of said law. That certainly includes everyone who is physically here but can include others, which is how Mueller indicted all those Russians or how the US went after the Corruption within FIFA.

You are destroying nothing. You are just another Trumpster and therefore an idiot.

22. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"If our laws can only apply to the people, by which you mean citizens, then how is it we can arrest noncitizens?" T #59
    The word used was "jurisdiction".
    It's not who you are. It's where you are, in tandem with exercise of sovereignty.
    "A government exists when it has a reasonable monopoly on the legitimate use of violence." George Will