Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for all You Patriotic Veterans who like to Stand ...

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cool Question for all You Patriotic Veterans who like to Stand ...

While YOU were Swallowing all of Donny's Bull Shit about Patriotism ...

Donny was ripping YOU OFF of Donations to pay for his Toys and Campaign ...

Repeated and willful self-dealing”: 5 details from the New York attorney general lawsuit against the Trump Foundation

The attorney general accused Trump of using his foundation as a “personal checkbook” to help his businesses and campaign.

By Jen Kirbyjen.kirby@vox.com Jun 14, 2018, 7:00pm EDT

AP Photo/Paul Sancya

Here are some of the highlights

1) Board members? What board members?

The lawsuit alleges that the Trump Foundation board “existed in name only,” abjectly failing to fulfill it responsibilities to oversee the charity. The board hadn’t met since 1999 — nearly two decades ago. This is even more bizarre because Don Jr., Ivanka, and Eric Trump all allegedly joined the board in 2006, according to the lawsuit.
    In another instance, Allen Weisselberg, a Trump Organization employee and the person listed as the treasurer of the Trump Foundation, was unaware he was even a member of the board when an investigator questioned him, the Washington Post reported.

2) Trump blurred the line between the campaign and his foundation

The lawsuit alleges that in 2016 the foundation’s board “knowingly permitted the Foundation to be co-opted” by Trump’s presidential campaign, in violation of state and federal law.
    In January 2016 — right before the Iowa caucus — Trump threw a fundraiser for veterans instead of attending an upcoming primary debate. The Iowa fundraiser raised $5.6 million, with about $2.8 million going directly to the Donald Trump Foundation. (The rest went to directly from donors to veterans’ groups and bypassed the Foundation.)
    But it was Trump campaign staff that directed the $2.8 million that went to the foundation. Emails and other evidence showed Lewandowski dictating the timing and amount of donations to various groups ahead of the Iowa caucus and at other points during the campaign, with the goal of promoting Trump and his candidacy.
    For example, in an email on January 29, 2016, Mr. Weisselberg wrote to Corey Lewandowski, then Mr. Trump’s campaign manager, to say “we should start thinking about how you want to distribute the funds collected for the Vets.” Mr. Lewandowski replied, “I think we should get the total collected and then put out a press release that we distributed the $$ to each of the groups.” Mr. Weisselberg then asked Mr. Lewandowski how much would be given to each group, and Mr. Lewandowski replied that “[n]ot all will be given equal amounts.”
    A few minutes after this exchange, Mr. Lewandowski directed the Foundation to make grants in Iowa right before the February 1, 2016 Iowa caucuses, the first nominating contest of the 2016 presidential election cycle. Mr. Lewandowski, emailed Mr. Weisselberg to ask, “Is there any way we can make some disbursements [from the proceeds of the fundraiser] this week while in Iowa? Specifically on Saturday.”
    The investigation also found that Trump himself blurred the lines between his charity and his campaign by distributing oversized checks (which had the slogan “Make America Great Again” on them) to groups at his campaign rallies before the Iowa caucus.

3) “Justice for All” received an improper political campaign contribution

The Trump Foundation also mixed political and the foundation in September 2013, when it contributed $25,000 to a political group “Justice for All” supporting the reelection of Florida’s attorney general, Pam Bondi.
    The foundation said on its 2013 tax forms that it did not contribute to a political organization or campaign, according to the lawsuit. But it did something a little strange:
    Instead, it listed a $25,000 contribution to a Kansas-based Section 501(c)(3) organization with a similar name, Justice for All. Contrary to this disclosure, the Foundation never made a contribution to the Kansas-based Justice for All.
    According to the lawsuit, the foundation said it was a mistake, but Underwood disagreed, saying it “had no credible explanation for the false reporting of grant recipients to the IRS and the State of New York.”
    The Trump Foundation donation to Bondi had previously been reported, and Trump reimbursed the foundation for $25,000 in March 2016, along with a payment for a federal excise tax.

4) Trump used the foundation to pay for his lawsuits and other expenses

The lawsuit also alleges multiple instances where Trump used the foundation to pay off lawsuits or promote his businesses that were unrelated to his charity.
    Trump used his foundation to settle a 2006 lawsuit with the Town of Palm Beach against Mar-a-Lago. Trump agreed to pay $100,000 to the Fisher House Foundation, and Trump personally instructed his staff to make the payment through his foundation. Here’s the note, with, which Trump himself signed:

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/14/174650...torney-general

Trump's Bigger Problem Might Be with the IRS

https://politicalwire.com/2018/06/14...-with-the-irs/

“The New York attorney general sued President Trump and his foundation on Thursday. But his bigger problem might be with the Internal Revenue Service,” the New York Times reports.

“For example, the I.R.S. could seek to revoke the foundation’s tax-exempt status. The agency could even do so retroactively, which would stick the foundation with a corporate tax bill going back years… That is the sort of information that investigators would weigh in determining whether he should be charged with filing a false tax return.”

Said criminal tax lawyer Jenny Johnson Ware: “People have gone to prison for stuff like this.”
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

2. The Following User Groans At Bourbon For This Awful Post:

Eagle_Eye (06-15-2018)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-15-2018), ThatOwlWoman (06-15-2018)

4. #2 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,606 Times in 17,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Who is president has absolutely no influence whatsoever as to why I stand for and have respect for this nation's National Anthem and flag. None ever will.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Bigdog (06-15-2018), Eagle_Eye (06-15-2018), mak2 (06-15-2018), TOP (06-15-2018), Truth Detector (06-15-2018)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Who is president has absolutely no influence whatsoever as to why I stand for and have respect for this nation's National Anthem and flag. None ever will.

So are you acknowledging his Hypocrisy and Lying?

Do you care that he took money donated to charity from Veterans?

7. The Following User Groans At Bourbon For This Awful Post:

Eagle_Eye (06-15-2018)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (06-15-2018)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 982 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 37 Times in 36 Posts

Trump is a scumbag POS, but I still am a proud American and only want what is best for my country all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post

Be Best

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

While YOU were Swallowing all of Donny's Bull Shit about Patriotism ...

Donny was ripping YOU OFF of Donations to pay for his Toys and Campaign ...

Repeated and willful self-dealing”: 5 details from the New York attorney general lawsuit against the Trump Foundation

The attorney general accused Trump of using his foundation as a “personal checkbook” to help his businesses and campaign.

By Jen Kirbyjen.kirby@vox.com Jun 14, 2018, 7:00pm EDT

AP Photo/Paul Sancya

Here are some of the highlights

1) Board members? What board members?

The lawsuit alleges that the Trump Foundation board “existed in name only,” abjectly failing to fulfill it responsibilities to oversee the charity. The board hadn’t met since 1999 — nearly two decades ago. This is even more bizarre because Don Jr., Ivanka, and Eric Trump all allegedly joined the board in 2006, according to the lawsuit.
    In another instance, Allen Weisselberg, a Trump Organization employee and the person listed as the treasurer of the Trump Foundation, was unaware he was even a member of the board when an investigator questioned him, the Washington Post reported.

2) Trump blurred the line between the campaign and his foundation

The lawsuit alleges that in 2016 the foundation’s board “knowingly permitted the Foundation to be co-opted” by Trump’s presidential campaign, in violation of state and federal law.
    In January 2016 — right before the Iowa caucus — Trump threw a fundraiser for veterans instead of attending an upcoming primary debate. The Iowa fundraiser raised $5.6 million, with about $2.8 million going directly to the Donald Trump Foundation. (The rest went to directly from donors to veterans’ groups and bypassed the Foundation.)
    But it was Trump campaign staff that directed the $2.8 million that went to the foundation. Emails and other evidence showed Lewandowski dictating the timing and amount of donations to various groups ahead of the Iowa caucus and at other points during the campaign, with the goal of promoting Trump and his candidacy.
    For example, in an email on January 29, 2016, Mr. Weisselberg wrote to Corey Lewandowski, then Mr. Trump’s campaign manager, to say “we should start thinking about how you want to distribute the funds collected for the Vets.” Mr. Lewandowski replied, “I think we should get the total collected and then put out a press release that we distributed the $$ to each of the groups.” Mr. Weisselberg then asked Mr. Lewandowski how much would be given to each group, and Mr. Lewandowski replied that “[n]ot all will be given equal amounts.”
    A few minutes after this exchange, Mr. Lewandowski directed the Foundation to make grants in Iowa right before the February 1, 2016 Iowa caucuses, the first nominating contest of the 2016 presidential election cycle. Mr. Lewandowski, emailed Mr. Weisselberg to ask, “Is there any way we can make some disbursements [from the proceeds of the fundraiser] this week while in Iowa? Specifically on Saturday.”
    The investigation also found that Trump himself blurred the lines between his charity and his campaign by distributing oversized checks (which had the slogan “Make America Great Again” on them) to groups at his campaign rallies before the Iowa caucus.

3) “Justice for All” received an improper political campaign contribution

The Trump Foundation also mixed political and the foundation in September 2013, when it contributed $25,000 to a political group “Justice for All” supporting the reelection of Florida’s attorney general, Pam Bondi.
    The foundation said on its 2013 tax forms that it did not contribute to a political organization or campaign, according to the lawsuit. But it did something a little strange:
    Instead, it listed a $25,000 contribution to a Kansas-based Section 501(c)(3) organization with a similar name, Justice for All. Contrary to this disclosure, the Foundation never made a contribution to the Kansas-based Justice for All.
    According to the lawsuit, the foundation said it was a mistake, but Underwood disagreed, saying it “had no credible explanation for the false reporting of grant recipients to the IRS and the State of New York.”
    The Trump Foundation donation to Bondi had previously been reported, and Trump reimbursed the foundation for $25,000 in March 2016, along with a payment for a federal excise tax.

4) Trump used the foundation to pay for his lawsuits and other expenses

The lawsuit also alleges multiple instances where Trump used the foundation to pay off lawsuits or promote his businesses that were unrelated to his charity.
    Trump used his foundation to settle a 2006 lawsuit with the Town of Palm Beach against Mar-a-Lago. Trump agreed to pay $100,000 to the Fisher House Foundation, and Trump personally instructed his staff to make the payment through his foundation. Here’s the note, with, which Trump himself signed:

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/14/174650...torney-general

Trump's Bigger Problem Might Be with the IRS

https://politicalwire.com/2018/06/14...-with-the-irs/

“The New York attorney general sued President Trump and his foundation on Thursday. But his bigger problem might be with the Internal Revenue Service,” the New York Times reports.

“For example, the I.R.S. could seek to revoke the foundation’s tax-exempt status. The agency could even do so retroactively, which would stick the foundation with a corporate tax bill going back years… That is the sort of information that investigators would weigh in determining whether he should be charged with filing a false tax return.”

Said criminal tax lawyer Jenny Johnson Ware: “People have gone to prison for stuff like this.”
    Didn't donate to the foundation so I don't care.

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    Didn't donate to the foundation so I don't care.

Got it ... just turn a blind eye ... unless it's a Clinton

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Got it ... just turn a blind eye ... unless it's a Clinton
    well you turn a blind eye to Clinton's criminality so..............

I don't see you crying about the Clintons only spending 6% of their foundation money on charitable contributions. Spare me your faux indignation

14. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.1 For This Post:

Truth Detector (06-15-2018)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    well you turn a blind eye to Clinton's criminality so..............

I don't see you crying about the Clintons only spending 6% of their foundation money on charitable contributions. Spare me your faux indignation

I keep trying to click on your facts but I can't find the link ...

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,623 Times in 11,616 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not at all! RB is simply telling you that who is president has no bearing on why he or any proud Americans stand for the National Anthem. But we proud Americans wouldn't expect you to understand that. I am very proud that I had the privilege of defending all the dirt bags right to show disrespect to the country that gave them these rights.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

TOP (06-15-2018)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Trump is a scumbag POS, but I still am a proud American and only want what is best for my country all the time.
    Well, don't shoot him yet then. I hear the Viceman is even worse!

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am very familiar with Pence. He is a political chameleon, but he aint crazy, he just acts like it to get the fundamentalist vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    Well, don't shoot him yet then. I hear the Viceman is even worse!
    Be Best

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mak2 For This Post:

iolo (06-15-2018), ThatOwlWoman (06-15-2018)

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
    Not at all! RB is simply telling you that who is president has no bearing on why he or any proud Americans stand for the National Anthem. But we proud Americans wouldn't expect you to understand that. I am very proud that I had the privilege of defending all the dirt bags right to show disrespect to the country that gave them these rights.
    Duw, aren't you pompous and self-satisfied! What rights are those?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to iolo For This Post:

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,623 Times in 11,616 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

I keep trying to click on your facts but I can't find the link ...
    So you're saying you think Hillary should be prosecuted for her crimes and the Clintons prosecuted for their fake charity. Nice to see you are man enough to admit it.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

TOP (06-15-2018), Truth Detector (06-15-2018)

25. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post

Stop trying to avoid the question, no one is questioning why you Stand, we know WHY YOUR STAND.

The question is, for you people who demand others to stand, why don't you hold Donald Trump to YOUR Patriotic Standard?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

27. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is a free country, they don't have to stand if they don't want to. I don't think anyone disagrees with that.
    Stop trying to avoid the question, no one is questioning why you Stand, we know WHY YOUR STAND.

The question is, for you people who demand others to stand, why don't you hold Donald Trump to YOUR Patriotic Standard?
    Be Best