Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Jade Dragon

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    19,452
    Thanks
    1,745
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    1,397
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Jade Dragon

    You have mentioned all across the board about your vacation to Canada.

    I want to offer you some chill.

    I dated a girl in college who is Canadian and I had the luxury of traveling much of western Canada with a local. I actually thought she was native because of her skin color, and she never let me live that down, though she thought it was funny.

    I don't know your itinerary, but I would recommend Jasper National Park. I actually never got to see it. Went to her parents house on Vancouver Island and then had to go to a funeral and were literally driving by and I said, can we stop? She phones her parents in their car and her dad said no. I said, I'm done with this stupid caravan and she said, it is for a funeral. So never saw it.

    Calgary is unique, in that it is cold. Been north of there and it is just more cold windy plains.

    Vancouver is awesome. I think it is Stanley Park or something, but that is a must see if you're headed that way. If you want to see where the first Rambo was filmed, just head about an hour east to Abbotsford and then look up an old rail road trail site.

    If you can, definitely see Vancouver Island.

    Anyway, we don't get along, however, I hope you find chill on your vacation.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2018.2 For This Post:

    Frank Apisa (06-13-2018), Phantasmal (06-13-2018)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    38,461
    Thanks
    48,277
    Thanked 20,073 Times in 13,396 Posts
    Groans
    1,434
    Groaned 1,613 Times in 1,530 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
    You have mentioned all across the board about your vacation to Canada.

    I want to offer you some chill.

    I dated a girl in college who is Canadian and I had the luxury of traveling much of western Canada with a local. I actually thought she was native because of her skin color, and she never let me live that down, though she thought it was funny.

    I don't know your itinerary, but I would recommend Jasper National Park. I actually never got to see it. Went to her parents house on Vancouver Island and then had to go to a funeral and were literally driving by and I said, can we stop? She phones her parents in their car and her dad said no. I said, I'm done with this stupid caravan and she said, it is for a funeral. So never saw it.

    Calgary is unique, in that it is cold. Been north of there and it is just more cold windy plains.

    Vancouver is awesome. I think it is Stanley Park or something, but that is a must see if you're headed that way. If you want to see where the first Rambo was filmed, just head about an hour east to Abbotsford and then look up an old rail road trail site.

    If you can, definitely see Vancouver Island.

    Anyway, we don't get along, however, I hope you find chill on your vacation.
    Banff is suppose to be beautiful. I’ve not been, but my daughter loved there.
    "An elective despotism was not the government we fought for, but one which should not only be founded on true free principles, but in which the powers of government should be so divided and balanced among general bodies of magistracy, as that no one could transcend their legal limits without being effectually checked and restrained by the others." Thomas Jefferson

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

    Jack (06-13-2018)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    19,452
    Thanks
    1,745
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    1,397
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Banff is suppose to be beautiful. I’ve not been, but my daughter loved there.
    Drove right through/by that.... Wish I could have stopped. But yeah, great idea Rana.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.2 For This Post:

    Phantasmal (06-13-2018)

  7. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    19,452
    Thanks
    1,745
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    1,397
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    My top favs for Canada

    Port Hardy

    Vancouver

    Abbotsford

    Coming home to America

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5,132
    Thanks
    2,526
    Thanked 1,736 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Groans
    81
    Groaned 119 Times in 116 Posts

    Default

    Niagara Falls. Montreal.

  9. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    7,120
    Thanks
    3,101
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,038 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 156 Times in 151 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
    You have mentioned all across the board about your vacation to Canada.

    I want to offer you some chill.

    I dated a girl in college who is Canadian and I had the luxury of traveling much of western Canada with a local. I actually thought she was native because of her skin color, and she never let me live that down, though she thought it was funny.

    I don't know your itinerary, but I would recommend Jasper National Park. I actually never got to see it. Went to her parents house on Vancouver Island and then had to go to a funeral and were literally driving by and I said, can we stop? She phones her parents in their car and her dad said no. I said, I'm done with this stupid caravan and she said, it is for a funeral. So never saw it.

    Calgary is unique, in that it is cold. Been north of there and it is just more cold windy plains.

    Vancouver is awesome. I think it is Stanley Park or something, but that is a must see if you're headed that way. If you want to see where the first Rambo was filmed, just head about an hour east to Abbotsford and then look up an old rail road trail site.

    If you can, definitely see Vancouver Island.

    Anyway, we don't get along, however, I hope you find chill on your vacation.
    Nicest post I've ever seen from you Yaya. I congratulate you for it...and hope Jade takes your advice.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

    Jack (06-13-2018)

  11. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    19,452
    Thanks
    1,745
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    1,397
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Nicest post I've ever seen from you Yaya. I congratulate you for it...and hope Jade takes your advice.
    Maybe

Similar Threads

  1. Jade Dragon please stop PM'ing me
    By Cancel 2018.2 in forum Introductions, User Announcements, Suggestions and General Board Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-31-2018, 07:45 PM
  2. Where is Jade Dragon?
    By Grumpy in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 05-27-2018, 11:59 AM
  3. Jade Dragon
    By Cancel 2018.2 in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-04-2018, 05:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •