Thread: Jade Dragon

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Jade Dragon

You have mentioned all across the board about your vacation to Canada.

I want to offer you some chill.

I dated a girl in college who is Canadian and I had the luxury of traveling much of western Canada with a local. I actually thought she was native because of her skin color, and she never let me live that down, though she thought it was funny.

I don't know your itinerary, but I would recommend Jasper National Park. I actually never got to see it. Went to her parents house on Vancouver Island and then had to go to a funeral and were literally driving by and I said, can we stop? She phones her parents in their car and her dad said no. I said, I'm done with this stupid caravan and she said, it is for a funeral. So never saw it.

Calgary is unique, in that it is cold. Been north of there and it is just more cold windy plains.

Vancouver is awesome. I think it is Stanley Park or something, but that is a must see if you're headed that way. If you want to see where the first Rambo was filmed, just head about an hour east to Abbotsford and then look up an old rail road trail site.

If you can, definitely see Vancouver Island.

Anyway, we don't get along, however, I hope you find chill on your vacation.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2018.2 For This Post:

Frank Apisa (06-13-2018), Phantasmal (06-13-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yaya View Post

I dated a girl in college who is Canadian and I had the luxury of traveling much of western Canada with a local. I actually thought she was native because of her skin color, and she never let me live that down, though she thought it was funny.

I don't know your itinerary, but I would recommend Jasper National Park. I actually never got to see it. Went to her parents house on Vancouver Island and then had to go to a funeral and were literally driving by and I said, can we stop? She phones her parents in their car and her dad said no. I said, I'm done with this stupid caravan and she said, it is for a funeral. So never saw it.

Calgary is unique, in that it is cold. Been north of there and it is just more cold windy plains.

Vancouver is awesome. I think it is Stanley Park or something, but that is a must see if you're headed that way. If you want to see where the first Rambo was filmed, just head about an hour east to Abbotsford and then look up an old rail road trail site.

Banff is suppose to be beautiful. I’ve not been, but my daughter loved there.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Jack (06-13-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Banff is suppose to be beautiful. I’ve not been, but my daughter loved there.
    Drove right through/by that.... Wish I could have stopped. But yeah, great idea Rana.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.2 For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-13-2018)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My top favs for Canada

Port Hardy

Vancouver

Abbotsford

Coming home to America

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Niagara Falls. Montreal.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yaya View Post

Nicest post I've ever seen from you Yaya. I congratulate you for it...and hope Jade takes your advice.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Jack (06-13-2018)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Nicest post I've ever seen from you Yaya. I congratulate you for it...and hope Jade takes your advice.
    Maybe