Thread: Millennials are moving to the exurbs in droves

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    But Karen Harris, managing director at Bain Macro Trends, tells Axios that, for one thing, it's probably time for millennials — given their stage in life — to start moving out to the 'burbs with their kids.
    Does this tard realize that America isn't literally just composed of a horde of millennials who were all spat out of their mothers at one time and are progressing through life in tandem? "Kids grow up and move to the suburbs" cannot be the origin of a global trend in suburbanization, kids are continuously being made, growing up, moving to the cities, whatever. How utterly fallacious.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FUCK THE POLICE For This Post:

Minister of Truth (06-14-2018)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

People who live in the suburbs aren't really alive.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

4. The Following User Groans At FUCK THE POLICE For This Awful Post:

Minister of Truth (06-14-2018)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Wokest View Post
    People who live in the suburbs aren't really alive.
    The people that move out of the crowded urban centers want to make a nice nest for their children.
    Clean water, fresh air, open spaces.

(I'm guessing you have NO children)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I notice that on the East Coast they have Parking Lots next to Commuter Trains that bring people to work in the Cities, and then haul them back out to their abodes in the evening.
    West Coast had massive Freeway Systems to accomplish the same thing. Now I notice the Parking Lot/Commuter Train is being used versus MORE Freeways.

I remember Market Street being dug out like a canal for BART. This could date me, but it was around the time I walked across the Golden Gate for 10 cents.
    Back in the 70s, a new generation of Seattle politicians began opposing road projects in favor of mass transit. That has completely screwed the region over, and I assume the same is true everywhere else along the coast.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Jack (06-14-2018)

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    Back in the 70s, a new generation of Seattle politicians began opposing road projects in favor of mass transit. That has completely screwed the region over, and I assume the same is true everywhere else along the coast.
    I haven't been on the West Coast in a long time. I think California kept expanding the Freeway System, and it attracted MORE cars. At some point they must have realized that MORE Freeways wasn't going to solve the problem. NYC has the Metro that can take you anywhere, it's effective, old, but effective. I think the 'local village Parking Lot next to the Commuter Train' is the 'standard' nowadays. Think about it, you live in your little Hamlet (suburbia), you get up in the morning, drive a few miles to a Parking Lot, catch the Commuter Train, read the paper, a book, fall back asleep, listen to music, etc. for the next hour ... and then you're at Central City. You do lose your 'personal identity' giving up your car, and you do become 'another human dreg', ... but look at the gas money you save and the annoyance of sitting in Traffic.

The US really does need an Infrastructure Plan.

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I haven't been on the West Coast in a long time. I think California kept expanding the Freeway System, and it attracted MORE cars. At some point they must have realized that MORE Freeways wasn't going to solve the problem. NYC has the Metro that can take you anywhere, it's effective, old, but effective. I think the 'local village Parking Lot next to the Commuter Train' is the 'standard' nowadays. Think about it, you live in your little Hamlet (suburbia), you get up in the morning, drive a few miles to a Parking Lot, catch the Commuter Train, read the paper, a book, fall back asleep, listen to music, etc. for the next hour ... and then you're at Central City. You do lose your 'personal identity' giving up your car, and you do become 'another human dreg', ... but look at the gas money you save and the annoyance of sitting in Traffic.

The US really does need an Infrastructure Plan.
    The annoying thing about mass transit on the West Coast is how spread out everything is.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Jack (06-14-2018)