Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: How's those Healthcare Cost going 4-Yea Trumsters ... ?

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    So you're in the individual market, as I am.

So tell us...what has trump done to make your premium increases less?
    Not sure but they did increase a lot less last year. For people who get subsidies, however, the elimination of the cost-sharing reduction subsidy helped people get better plans and increased the government pay-in on policies because the increases targeted silver plans only which caused the government pay-in to go up for all plans, thereby allowing more people to shift from bronze to silver or silver to gold plans. Perhaps they are related to why mine went up significantly less than they were going up under obama every year.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    BTW ... you can tell them I said it.
    You also said this:

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    You get what you pay for ... now eat it.
    So, what are you, bitching? Again?

Have another drink.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Yes. And Republicans before him. I don't know if you really don't know, or are being facetious

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...-to-blame.html
    i was being serious, but you obviously were not with that biased crap you linked.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The ACA saved my family. My wife got leukemia and her hospital visits and extremely expensive medicines would have killed us. One medicine, out of her many, Gleevec costs 140 K a year in the US. Got a million in the bank? In 9 years, Novartis has it. We need universal healthcare. You have no guarantee you or a family member will not get a life destroying illness. You can get in an accident. Shit happens. The majority of bankruptcies in America are due to illness and most of them have coverage.
    a few of my wifes meds are expensive as hell also, but tell me something........why should we be forced to pay for such expensive medications when our congress refuses to let other countries import meds in that are cheaper? would it be because of the big pharma connection to their lobbying funds?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts

The ACA saved my family. My wife got leukemia and her hospital visits and extremely expensive medicines would have killed us. One medicine, out of her many, Gleevec costs 140 K a year in the US. Got a million in the bank? In 9 years, Novartis has it. We need universal healthcare. You have no guarantee you or a family member will not get a life destroying illness. You can get in an accident. Shit happens. The majority of bankruptcies in America are due to illness and most of them have coverage.
    Commie

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    a few of my wifes meds are expensive as hell also, but tell me something........why should we be forced to pay for such expensive medications when our congress refuses to let other countries import meds in that are cheaper? would it be because of the big pharma connection to their lobbying funds?
    Commie

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,786 Times in 32,152 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    I cannot tell if you are joking.
    I can't tell if you are lying.....it may well be he chose not to have insurance before, but, if he had insurance it logically would have covered treatments for cancer......

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 982 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 37 Times in 36 Posts

Lying? Why would I lie, I don't care enough about you to lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I can't tell if you are lying.....it may well be he chose not to have insurance before, but, if he had insurance it logically would have covered treatments for cancer......
    Be Best

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Lying? Why would I lie, I don't care enough about you to lie.
    Lying was bred into you. Genetics.

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Of course it is. Her Gleevec is 8800 bucks a year in Canada and a generic in India is 400 a year. In America it is 146 K a year. How can we justify that? we cannot. PHARM just wants the billions a drug brings them. The appliance manufacturers are robbing us blind too. Both are taking advantage of the lobbying laws and their ability to pour money into elections via PACs. The America political system is bought and paid for and it is not to the advantage of the people. Our entire medical system is a farce . We pay more than double other countries for worse medical care and millions have none.

11. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,740 Times in 14,334 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

i was being serious, but you obviously were not with that biased crap you linked.
    Remain uninformed. We expect it here.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

12. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

MINE JUST WENT UP FROM $225/ MONTH TO $250.

13. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Of course it is. Her Gleevec is 8800 bucks a year in Canada and a generic in India is 400 a year. In America it is 146 K a year. How can we justify that? we cannot. PHARM just wants the billions a drug brings them. The appliance manufacturers are robbing us blind too. Both are taking advantage of the lobbying laws and their ability to pour money into elections via PACs. The America political system is bought and paid for and it is not to the advantage of the people. Our entire medical system is a farce . We pay more than double other countries for worse medical care and millions have none.
    then why do you continue to support a political party that partakes in the lobbying?

14. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Remain uninformed. We expect it here.
    pfffft, yes, your sources tell nothing but the truth............/sarcasm

listen, you can continue to lockstep the talking points of the biased media moguls, or you can do your own independent study, but while you continue to do the former, all of your info is corrupt. i'll trust my own info over yours.

15. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,740 Times in 14,334 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

pfffft, yes, your sources tell nothing but the truth............/sarcasm

listen, you can continue to lockstep the talking points of the biased media moguls, or you can do your own independent study, but while you continue to do the former, all of your info is corrupt. i'll trust my own info over yours.
    I've been in the individual market for 40 years. I forgot more about health insurance than you'll ever know.

I don't care what you think of the source I linked. All sources say the same thing.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.