Thread: Civil War perpetrated by the Political Class

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 960 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 127 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Civil War perpetrated by the Political Class

A few days ago, Jack Minzey, sent what was to be the final chapter in the long line of books and treatises which he had written.

Jack passed away, on Sunday, 8 April 2018.

Professionally, Jack was head of the Department of Education at Eastern Michigan University as well as a prolific author of numerous books, most of which were on the topic of Education and the Government role therein. His interest in Conservative Politics was exceeded only by his intellectual ability.

This is the last of his works:

Civil War

How do civil wars happen?

Two or more sides disagree on who runs the country. And they can't settle the question through elections because they don't even agree that elections are how you decide who's in charge. That's the basic issue here. Who decides who runs the country? When you hate each other but accept the election results, you have a country. When you stop accepting election results, you have a countdown to a civil war.

The Mueller investigation is about removing President Trump from office and overturning the results of an election. We all know that. But it's not the first time they've done this. The first time a Republican president was elected this century, they said he didn't really win. The Supreme Court gave him the election. There's a pattern here.

What do sure odds of the Democrats rejecting the next Republican president really mean? It means they don't accept the results of any election that they don't win. It means they don't believe that transfers of power in this country are determined by elections.

That's a civil war.

There's no shooting. At least not unless you count the attempt to kill a bunch of Republicans at a charity baseball game practice. But the Democrats have rejected our system of government.

This isn't dissent. It's not disagreement. You can hate the other party. You can think they're the worst thing that ever happened to the country. But then you work harder to win the next election. When you consistently reject the results of elections that you don't win, what you want is a dictatorship.

Your very own dictatorship.

The only legitimate exercise of power in this country, according to Democrats, is its own. Whenever Republicans exercise power, it's inherently illegitimate. The Democrats lost Congress. They lost the White House. So what did they do? They began trying to run the country through Federal judges and bureaucrats. Every time that a Federal judge issues an order saying that the President of the United States can't scratch his own back without his say so, that's the civil war.

Our system of government is based on the constitution, but that's not the system that runs this country. The Democrat's system is that any part of government that it runs gets total and unlimited power over the country.

If the Democrats are in the White House, then the president can do anything And I mean anything. He can have his own amnesty for illegal aliens. He can fine you for not having health insurance. His power is unlimited. He's a dictator.

But when Republicans get into the White House, suddenly the President can't do anything. He isn't even allowed to undo the illegal alien amnesty that his predecessor illegally invented. A Democrat in the White House has 'discretion' to completely decide every aspect of immigration policy. A Republican doesn't even have the 'discretion' to reverse him. That's how the game is played That's how our country is run. Sad but true, although the left hasn't yet won that particular fight.

When a Democrat is in the White House, states aren't even allowed to enforce immigration law. But when a Republican is in the White House, states can create their own immigration laws. Under Obama, a state wasn't allowed to go to the bathroom without asking permission. But under Trump, Jerry Brown can go around saying that California is an independent republic and sign treaties with other countries.

The Constitution has something to say about that.

Whether it's Federal or State, Executive, Legislative or Judiciary, the left moves power around to run the country. If it controls an institution, then that institution is suddenly the supreme power in the land. This is what I call a moving dictatorship.

Donald Trump has caused the Shadow Government to come out of hiding: Professional government is a guild. Like medieval guilds. You can't serve in if you're not a member. If you haven't been indoctrinated into its arcane rituals. If you aren't in the club. And Trump isn't in the club. He brought in a bunch of people who aren't in the club with him.

Now we're seeing what the pros do when amateurs try to walk in on them. They spy on them, they investigate them and they send them to jail. They use the tools of power to bring them down.

That's not a free country.

It's not a free country when FBI agents who support Hillary take out an 'insurance policy' against Trump winning the election. It's not a free country when Obama officials engage in massive unmasking of the opposition. It's not a free country when the media responds to the other guy winning by trying to ban the conservative media that supported him from social media. It's not a free country when all of the above collude together to overturn an election because the guy who wasn't supposed to win did.

Have no doubt, we're in a civil war between conservative volunteer government and a leftist Democrat professional government.
    TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!

2. The Following User Groans At J Craft For This Awful Post:

Rune (06-11-2018)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J Craft For This Post:

Bigdog (06-11-2018), Evmetro (06-11-2018)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Whether it's Federal or State, Executive, Legislative or Judiciary, the left moves power around to run the country. If it controls an institution, then that institution is suddenly the supreme power in the land. This is what I call a moving dictatorship.

Donald Trump has caused the Shadow Government to come out of hiding: Professional government is a guild. Like medieval guilds. You can't serve in if you're not a member. If you haven't been indoctrinated into its arcane rituals. If you aren't in the club. And Trump isn't in the club. He brought in a bunch of people who aren't in the club with him.

Now we're seeing what the pros do when amateurs try to walk in on them. They spy on them, they investigate them and they send them to jail. They use the tools of power to bring them down.

That's not a free country.

It's not a free country when FBI agents who support Hillary take out an 'insurance policy' against Trump winning the election. It's not a free country when Obama officials engage in massive unmasking of the opposition. It's not a free country when the media responds to the other guy winning by trying to ban the conservative media that supported him from social media. It's not a free country when all of the above collude together to overturn an election because the guy who wasn't supposed to win did.
    Fake News / Mueller / the Brennan Set up / The Comey Dodge / da resistance..
    the left can organize and target their power for sure.

The Republicans are hapless dolts who can't even decide what immigration bill to bring to the floor!
    If it wasn't for the Discharge Petition - probably nothing more would even get voted on

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post

Fake News / Mueller / the Brennan Set up / The Comey Dodge / da resistance..
    the left can organize and target their power for sure.

The Republicans are hapless dolts who can't even decide what immigration bill to bring to the floor!
    If it wasn't for the Discharge Petition - probably nothing more would even get voted on
    I think establishment Republicans are all RINO. As the professor alludes, they too are a part of the club.

It's being rumored that Ryan is going to recklessly introduce a seemingly rational amnesty bill on his way out in an attempt to help the house lose GOP seats.

6. The Following User Groans At J Craft For This Awful Post:

Rune (06-11-2018)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to J Craft For This Post:

Bigdog (06-11-2018)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by J Craft View Post
    I think establishment Republicans are all RINO. As the professor alludes, they too are a part of the club.

It's being rumored that Ryan is going to recklessly introduce a seemingly rational amnesty bill on his way out in an attempt to help the house lose GOP seats.
    yes the establishment Republicans are swamp critters of lessor strips -but still critters
    Obviously that party is either populist or establishment now (Trump/#neverTrump)

Ryan is such a dweeb....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

J Craft (06-10-2018)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Two or more sides disagree on who runs the country. And they can't settle the question through elections because they don't even agree that elections are how you decide who's in charge."

This is where I stopped reading.

1. Western Democracies believe in Elections.
    2. We're a Western Democracy.
    3. We had an Election.
    4. Donald Trump won and is now President of the United States.
    5. End of Story.

But, please, don't let me interrupt you in your fantasy world of 'make-shit-up'. sad

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (06-11-2018), Guno צְבִי (06-11-2018)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,566 Times in 17,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

The Mueller investigation is about the Russian interference in the American election process. It is to cleanse the American system from that and hopefully give us a new start. Do rightys honestly think we should ignore what was done?yes, they just want trump to continue for some weird ass reasons that historians will fumble with for the next century.

The Dems took this defeat without threatening . They accepted Trump, even though they knew he is unqualified and potentially very dangerous. The left is not threatening insurrections or any violence at all. that is the home for the rightys. The Mueller investigation is lawful and careful. if it finds Donald was not complicit, it will say so, and the left will accept it. If it finds collusion or obstruction, you know the rightys will not accept it.They cannot even accept there should be an investigation.

14. The Following User Groans At Nordberg For This Awful Post:

countryboy (06-11-2018)

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-11-2018), Guno צְבִי (06-11-2018), Jack (06-10-2018), Phantasmal (06-11-2018)

16. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

this part is very astute and deserves to be highlighted.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

17. The Following User Groans At tsuke For This Awful Post:

Rune (06-11-2018)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to tsuke For This Post:

J Craft (06-10-2018)

19. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The Mueller investigation is about the Russian interference in the American election process. It is to cleanse the American system from that and hopefully give us a new start. Do rightys honestly think we should ignore what was done?yes, they just want trump to continue for some weird ass reasons that historians will fumble with for the next century.

The Dems took this defeat without threatening . They accepted Trump, even though they knew he is unqualified and potentially very dangerous. The left is not threatening insurrections or any violence at all. that is the home for the rightys. The Mueller investigation is lawful and careful. if it finds Donald was not complicit, it will say so, and the left will accept it. If it finds collusion or obstruction, you know the rightys will not accept it.They cannot even accept there should be an investigation.
    The #Resistance movement has really flourished emotionally. I think if Mueller finds in Trump's favor, that many will not accept it. That's not to say that there will be any insurrections.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Rune (06-11-2018)

21. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    "Two or more sides disagree on who runs the country. And they can't settle the question through elections because they don't even agree that elections are how you decide who's in charge."

This is where I stopped reading.

1. Western Democracies believe in Elections.
    2. We're a Western Democracy.
    3. We had an Election.
    4. Donald Trump won and is now President of the United States.
    5. End of Story.

But, please, don't let me interrupt you in your fantasy world of 'make-shit-up'. sad
    i didn’t make it up- I shared a mans opinion. You obviously weighed in with ignorance- thank you for leaving.

22. The Following User Groans At J Craft For This Awful Post:

Rune (06-11-2018)

23. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J Craft View Post
    i didn’t make it up- I shared a mans opinion. You obviously weighed in with ignorance- thank you for leaving.
    I read a couple of sentences, then realized I was reading some fantasy crap. I made a statement, then left. I'm leaving. Have fun twirling around, waving your arms, screaming with spittle coming out of your mouth. I'm sure you can find others to join you.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-11-2018), Rune (06-11-2018)

25. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    I learned that I am establishment Republican during the 2016 primary, because I strongly opposed Trump. Pretty cool stuff.
    that label is worn by perma-class DC politicians and #neverTrumps who are in it for themselves.
    Or for those that think the system serves the proles

26. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post

this part is very astute and deserves to be highlighted.
    It is an astute observation of Dems as the professional political class. Or statists as I call them

27. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    that label is worn by perma-class DC politicians and #neverTrumps who are in it for themselves.
    Or for those that think the system serves the proles
    Trump is in it for himself. I mean, he could still wind-up doing a good job, because there's an incentive to do a good job, as that helps feed a man's ego. But it's dumb to pretend that Trump ran for anything but self-serving reasons.

28. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    Trump is in it for himself. I mean, he could still wind-up doing a good job, because there's an incentive to do a good job, as that helps feed a man's ego. But it's dumb to pretend that Trump ran for anything but self-serving reasons.
    I don't use psychological motivations when looking at political maneuvers. it's extraneous.

It's obviously factual he has no preset political path, because he lacks a lot of establishment/#neverTrump support.
    Is that "in it for himself?" - that assumes he has no interest as head of state.
    I'll leave that for the establishment Pubs to chew over...