Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Trump A Hypocrite For Wanting To Pardon Ali??

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Quoted directly from your post:
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Now, it's not even that...it's just political...so much for caring about...what were they protesting again?
    Did I say this or not? Stop being a bitch or get the fuck off my thread...

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhym3pays View Post
    First of all, Ali's conviction was overturned by the Supreme Court so he doesn't have anything to pardon.

..but here is my question -- Ali was a famous athlete who used his platform to protest US policies -- including police brutality, racism and ultimately the war in Vietnam.

In comparison, NFL players are only protesting police brutality -- they never spoke out against any US foreign policies or did they ever speak out against the war in Afghanistan --

Aside from the stupidity of not knowing that Ali doesn't need a pardon, isn't it hypocritical to want to pardon Ali yet condemn NFL players for basically doing the same type of protesting??
    That's exactly the point. They are protesting the non-existent policies of an entire country. There is no official U.S. policy that calls for the police to murder black people.In fact, I would venture to say that policy officially doesn't exist in any PD in the country. Those illiterate boneheads are protesting something that has already been changed. You get them together for a sincere apology(to the nation, not to me, and not even to the fans), and I'll travel with them to kneel in front of any police department with racist policies. I suspect it will be a short trip
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (06-09-2018)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,829 Times in 17,261 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,597 Times in 4,275 Posts

Trump is using the shit out of the pardons, to cheapen them. If he pardons people over and over, then when he pardons his den of thieves and crooks, American citizens will not notice so much. This is a long time plan. He cares nothing about Jack Johnson or Ali. Pardons were once a big deal. Trump is watering them down. This shows that he intends to pardon his staff and his family and himself. Again he said he has the power to pardon himself. Not true. it has never been in the Supremes Court. There is nothing in the constitution saying that. I doubt even this right wing court will sanctify the president being above the law. Thomas would.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-09-2018)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by callinectes View Post
    That's exactly the point. They are protesting the non-existent policies of an entire country. There is no official U.S. policy that calls for the police to murder black people.In fact, I would venture to say that policy officially doesn't exist in any PD in the country.
    So police departments are out of control then. Sorry, we see it everywhere, just like lead contamination in the public water supply.

The power structure knows full well it has lost all sense of legitimacy amongst the population and is preparing for the backlash. As the economic system is further managed for those of wealth and privilege to the detriment of society at large, society will continue to unravel. This will have to be "managed" by the power structure. There are going to continually be fewer and fewer livable wage jobs and a growing surplus population that the Wall Street/donor/"job creator" class no longer has use for in profit margin growth to infinity.

That's why your police depts have been militarized and why we've seen war games/maneuvers in response to Occupy, DAPL and Ferguson, while we all saw completely different responses by the corporate state to the Bundy Boys - who actually DID point weapons at law enforcement - and neonazi tikitorchers.

That's why we have returned to profiteering from bondage (along with all our war profiteering) with private corporate for profit prisons with convict labor leasing to corporations. There's your jobs program american style. Legalized slavery.

What america does to the rest of the world will inevitably come home to control our popuation as well as the economic/political systems and the environment continue to devolve, this is what empires in decline invariably do. You'd do well to look into the accuracy rates of our drone warfare, it's pretty sloppy stuff. I wouldn't imagine I'd be exempt were I you.

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,033 Times in 14,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by callinectes View Post
    That's exactly the point. They are protesting the non-existent policies of an entire country. There is no official U.S. policy that calls for the police to murder black people.In fact, I would venture to say that policy officially doesn't exist in any PD in the country. Those illiterate boneheads are protesting something that has already been changed. You get them together for a sincere apology(to the nation, not to me, and not even to the fans), and I'll travel with them to kneel in front of any police department with racist policies. I suspect it will be a short trip
    By default, there is when the Feds refuse to get involved after an all white grand jury refuses to indict.

Obama had a Fed oversight committee. What ever happened to that?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,033 Times in 14,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rhym3pays View Post
    First of all, Ali's conviction was overturned by the Supreme Court so he doesn't have anything to pardon.

..but here is my question -- Ali was a famous athlete who used his platform to protest US policies -- including police brutality, racism and ultimately the war in Vietnam.

In comparison, NFL players are only protesting police brutality -- they never spoke out against any US foreign policies or did they ever speak out against the war in Afghanistan --

Aside from the stupidity of not knowing that Ali doesn't need a pardon, isn't it hypocritical to want to pardon Ali yet condemn NFL players for basically doing the same type of protesting??
    This one is simple. trump bonds with a fellow draft dodger, while bashing those who refuse to stand for the anthem.

Makes sense to me.

At least Ali claimed conscientious objector status. trump just claimed entitlement.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump is using the shit out of the pardons, to cheapen them. If he pardons people over and over, then when he pardons his den of thieves and crooks, American citizens will not notice so much. This is a long time plan. He cares nothing about Jack Johnson or Ali. Pardons were once a big deal. Trump is watering them down. This shows that he intends to pardon his staff and his family and himself. Again he said he has the power to pardon himself. Not true. it has never been in the Supremes Court. There is nothing in the constitution saying that. I doubt even this right wing court will sanctify the president being above the law. Thomas would.
    The aristocracy has always seen itself as different and above the rest of us. It's as american as apple pie and baseball. Don did not initiate any of this, it's just that the corporate state no longer feels it needs to hide what it's doing to society, the people will not resist anyway now. They have been subjugated over generations.

Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide. It is in vain to say that democracy is less vain, less proud, less selfish, less ambitious, or less avaricious than aristocracy or monarchy. It is not true, in fact, and nowhere appears in history. Those passions are the same in all men, under all forms of simple government, and when unchecked, produce the same effects of fraud, violence, and cruelty.

JOHN ADAMS, letter to John Taylor, 1814

We ought to consider what is the end of government, before we determine which is the best form. Upon this point all speculative politicians will agree, that the happiness of society is the end of government, as all Divines and moral Philosophers will agree that the happiness of the individual is the end of man. From this principle it will follow, that the form of government which communicates ease, comfort, security, or, in one word, happiness, to the greatest number of persons, and in the greatest degree, is the best.

JOHN ADAMS, Thoughts on Government

Sounds great, yeah?

'Course then there's this:

“[A social division exists] between the rich and the poor, the laborious and the idle, the learned and the ignorant. … Nothing, but force, and power and strength can restrain [the latter].” —John Adams in a letter to Thomas Jefferson (1787)

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    By default, there is when the Feds refuse to get involved after an all white grand jury refuses to indict.

Obama had a Fed oversight committee. What ever happened to that?
    So you're saying a grand jury should be convened every time a black gets shot by a white cop? Madame, allow me to introduce to you the city of Baltimore, Maryland. Recently named the most dangerous city of it's size in the nation, http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...219-story.html
    and a city that kind of flew under the radar for awhile(except to those of us who have lived in or around that area), that is until the Freddie Gray incident and the cops were basically refusing to take any kind of law enforcement actions in certain areas, and I think this continues
    https://www.npr.org/2017/12/31/57482...olice-presence
    Now there's some things that could be done about this, for instance, fire all the white cops and hire blacks(my sister would not like that at all! She's in an assisted living facility almost entirely staffed by African and Caribbean blacks and she's a racist democrat who voted for obama twice! This irony provides me with endless entertainment!)Or maybe provide all of them with body cameras, which I think may be in progress. Or maybe you could disarm all the cops like in London(well, that might make the problem worse)
    What it all boils down to is, if you want to start a federal case every time some dirtbag catches a bullet from a cop, you might as well fully and finally admit that you like the way the Russians do it. Not really any "local" cops over there, EVERYONE'S federal
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (06-10-2018)