Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Atheists: a 5 year old is on her deathbed....

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,753 Times in 33,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    1. I think Irthriuth is just fucking with us.
    2. The view of Epicures was that IF there were Gods, they would be hanging out with other Gods and NOT hanging out with lowly humans. Epicures was probably an Atheist, but to avoid the Authorities' wrath, framed it as that. His view was to enjoy Life. I think he lived around 400 BC.
    Yes, he trolls

2. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

BRUTALITOPS (06-08-2018)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Jack (06-08-2018)

4. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    So basically the atheist is going to talk her to death.
    Yes especially during the moment of passage ---Chant loudly the Hollowed Name of God.

Funny, When I see those TV St Jude's Children's Hospital and the little kids testify...I think to me self...oi get away from those doctors!!! But how???
    A Hospital is a Hospice!

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irthriuth View Post
    You are either a pussy atheist or a pussy theist. There is no such thing as “an agnostic” because being agnostic is an adjective, not a noun, and pussies like you have bastardized this concept. One can be an agnostic theist or be a “gnostic atheist”

its like saying you you are a blue. A blue what? A blue car? A smurf?
    So the ABSOLUTE TRUTH is a "Persona"?

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,498 Times in 52,726 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Ugly Truth View Post
    You're a clown who visits local children's hospitals, trying to bring a little joy into the lives of sick and dying children. One day, a 5 year old girl asks you if she will go to Heaven when she dies. What do you say to her?
    I would hug her and talk with her about what her mom and dad say about that, and take it from there.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-08-2018), USFREEDOM911 (06-08-2018)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Ugly Truth View Post
    You're a clown who visits local children's hospitals, trying to bring a little joy into the lives of sick and dying children. One day, a 5 year old girl asks you if she will go to Heaven when she dies. What do you say to her?
    "Darling, you are not going to die."

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,498 Times in 52,726 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I don’t ask my husband questions like that. I can look in a mirror and determine myself if the pants make me look fat.
    But this is Katrina Jack, you see, who is intensely interested in both your ass, how he can best talk about it publicly and in the most filthy way possible, and manage to drag your marriage and husband into it as well. This is just a shot across the bow. lol

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why does it have to be black or white with you? Why can’t it be, “I don’t know and I just live my life because it doesn’t have a bearing on my existence”? That is agnosticism to me, it is t pussy at all, it’s simply stating I don’t have enough evidence.
    you are arguing on two fronts. First was just a language argument I made, the second was the pussy argument. So I assume you are basically addressing the ladder.

Here is the thing rana, if you met someone that like never had human contact and you asked them the question on gods existence, you may very well have a point. But you are ignoring a whole swath of context regarding how culturally embedded humanity is with religion. Claiming to be "an agnostic" (or "an blue".. as some on JPP would like to prefer to call themselves) is doing so within that context that I described, and it is cowardly. People deep down have had enough experience and world-living to have a true conclusion on the matter, they just don't want to admit it out loud, or want to lie to children, or be a secret atheist without any of the blow back ("hey dont worry guys.. either side has merit!").

The reason it is a cowardly choice is because it is ONLY WITH RELIGION that people to claim this agnostic set of beliefs and looking at the world. Are you an agnostic when it comes to santa clause? Why not? I am sure you might say something to the effect of "Well I know that I actually bought presents for my kids, it's obviously made up"

But how would you REALLY KNOW that? Maybe santa clause is real and he alters your memory to make you just THINK you bought presents for your kids, but really he was actually going around the world with flying reindeer, swooping down chimneys, and knows the heart and mind of every christian kid in the world? Why can't you be agnostic on that? Is this really any more fanciful thinking than believing in a man that watches over all of us, knows all 7 billion people, has a place called heaven where "good" people chill for all eternity when their "soul" is sucked out of their body?

If someone were to claim to be a leprechaun agnostic or a santa clause agnostic you'd see them as the retard they are. Only religion seems to get this absurd deference where you can't say for sure that god isn't real. Even though we all the time say fairies aren't real, underground mole people aren't real, and unicorns aren't real. God is no different.

The magic and fanciful thinking that goes along with santa, or the belief in fairies, or leprechauns, is the exact same as god. But you'll notice an interesting pattern, every time someone claims to be an agnostic when it comes to religious matters, is never an agnostic on all the other things I listed. Those things are "obviously false." Why not the same standard with all magical, non falsifiable claims? Because AGNOSTICS ARE COWARDS, and they have ULTERIOR MOTIVES.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    " Why can’t it be, “I don’t know and I just live my life because it doesn’t have a bearing on my existence”? "

Because you cannot be allowed to wander off on your own like that. Remember how we started this thing here, and The Inquisition.

If you're independent and coherent you're a threat.
    lol so people that are holding on to the notions of thousands year old desert dwellers are the true free thinkers. lol

---

Grind is basically right

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Believing is the purposeful suspension of critical thinking, perhaps this is a conservatve gambler kinda angle, why not, can't hurt.

And sometimes that turns out ok.
    I disagree with your assessment and conclusion; because it is not the suspension of critical thinking and requires critical thinking, instead of needing everything spelled out in black and white.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Thank you for your thoughtful post. I will give you MY thoughts on the term.

My interpretation of 'Theist' is someone that believes in God/Gods.
    My interpretation of 'Atheist' is someone that denies God/Gods exist.
    My interpretation of 'Agnostic' is someone that can't prove either God/Gods exist or God/Gods don't exist. And really doesn't care, and usually has an Epicurean attitude about God/Gods (if there are God/Gods, they don't interact with humans).

My view is more an Epicurean view, I plan on living THIS life to the Max, and IF there is a 'Level 2', I plan on living THAT life to the Max. And if there is a 'Level 3' ... you get the idea.

agnostic literally means "without knowledge", it has nothing to do with proof.

are you a unicorn agnostic? is this how you describe yourself in general society? a leprechaun agnostic? I am not being facetious.

The concept of god is non falsifiable. If you are an agnostic on god you pretty much have to be an agnostic on everything in the universe that may have even the slimiest possibility of existing. That's ridiculous. At some point, there is enough evidence, enough better explanations for our world and existence, that the concept of god is entirely redundant and not useful. The only reason you are "agnostic" is because of living in a world where you have been indoctrinated to give a higher level of accordance to a particular set of fanciful beliefs. You think you are being reasonable and middle road, but really you are entirely brainwashed.

---

Grind is basically right

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leonthecat View Post
    I would ask her, how does she think a clown would answer such a silly question?

I wouldn't lie to a dying child.
    So you would take a concerned and scared child and instead of easing her fears and worries, you would just tell her to suck it up and deal with it.

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They put me in the hole fer a bit, pfffffffffffffft, wtfever mang, someone's feelings got hurt. Kinda hard to not swing elbows when it seems everyone else is. The lines are squishy, anyway, thanks.
    YEAH, that's it!!

After making the comment you did in post #212 @ https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...20#post2359220; I wouldn't suggest making lite of it, because the next time in may be permanent.

By the way, the lines aren't "squishy"; because they're spelled out in the rules, very clearly.

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

Epicurus
    Free will!!!

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bhaktajan View Post
    Yes especially during the moment of passage ---Chant loudly the Hollowed Name of God.

Funny, When I see those TV St Jude's Children's Hospital and the little kids testify...I think to me self...oi get away from those doctors!!! But how???
    A Hospital is a Hospice!
    What does your reply have to do with the my comment on what was said in the post I replied to??

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irthriuth View Post
    you are arguing on two fronts. First was just a language argument I made, the second was the pussy argument. So I assume you are basically addressing the ladder.

Here is the thing rana, if you met someone that like never had human contact and you asked them the question on gods existence, you may very well have a point. But you are ignoring a whole swath of context regarding how culturally embedded humanity is with religion. Claiming to be "an agnostic" (or "an blue".. as some on JPP would like to prefer to call themselves) is doing so within that context that I described, and it is cowardly. People deep down have had enough experience and world-living to have a true conclusion on the matter, they just don't want to admit it out loud, or want to lie to children, or be a secret atheist without any of the blow back ("hey dont worry guys.. either side has merit!").

The reason it is a cowardly choice is because it is ONLY WITH RELIGION that people to claim this agnostic set of beliefs and looking at the world. Are you an agnostic when it comes to santa clause? Why not? I am sure you might say something to the effect of "Well I know that I actually bought presents for my kids, it's obviously made up"

But how would you REALLY KNOW that? Maybe santa clause is real and he alters your memory to make you just THINK you bought presents for your kids, but really he was actually going around the world with flying reindeer, swooping down chimneys, and knows the heart and mind of every christian kid in the world? Why can't you be agnostic on that? Is this really any more fanciful thinking than believing in a man that watches over all of us, knows all 7 billion people, has a place called heaven where "good" people chill for all eternity when their "soul" is sucked out of their body?

If someone were to claim to be a leprechaun agnostic or a santa clause agnostic you'd see them as the retard they are. Only religion seems to get this absurd deference where you can't say for sure that god isn't real. Even though we all the time say fairies aren't real, underground mole people aren't real, and unicorns aren't real. God is no different.

The magic and fanciful thinking that goes along with santa, or the belief in fairies, or leprechauns, is the exact same as god. But you'll notice an interesting pattern, every time someone claims to be an agnostic when it comes to religious matters, is never an agnostic on all the other things I listed. Those things are "obviously false." Why not the same standard with all magical, non falsifiable claims? Because AGNOSTICS ARE COWARDS, and they have ULTERIOR MOTIVES.
    BRAVOBRAVO