Thread: Deception and Kneeling

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leonthecat View Post
    Employers can not force employees to participate in jingoistic displays of patriotism, by fining them financially if they don't comply, in any workplace. Why should the football field be any different.
    I am pretty old and don't go to NFL games, but I think I would kneel with them. Its a benign and respectful form of protest and we still have racial issues in this country.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-25-2018)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leonthecat View Post
    I put it in the context of the workplace and the employer / employee relationship, which is exactly what you requested.
    Here is a refresher from the opening post:

The correct context for the kneeling thing must include and address the fact that the situation is occurring at the workplace, and that the workers are in fact 100% free to find another place to work. It must also include and address the fact that it is not the government that is imposing the workplace conduct requirements that you are so against. If you must present the situation out of its correct context, then you are relying on deception in order to make your point. It won't work
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,173 Times in 10,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    As I read threads about the kneeling thing, I keep coming across posts where lefties are discussing the rights of the kneelers in a deceptive and inaccurate context. Discussion of exercising rights has absolutely no merit and will not stick if you take the situation out of the correct context. The correct context for the kneeling thing must include and address the fact that the situation is occurring at the workplace, and that the workers are in fact 100% free to find another place to work. It must also include and address the fact that it is not the government that is imposing the workplace conduct requirements that you are so against. If you must present the situation out of its correct context, then you are relying on deception in order to make your point. It won't work

I challenge the lefties here to come up with an argument about the Constitutional rights of the kneelers being violated in any way, but the catch is that you must disclose and address the full and correct context of the situation.
    6/30/17

I predict Evmetro will post some babbling piece of bullshit and when people reply to point that out, he will respond with a juvenile “I told you so!”

Thank you in advance for proving me correct.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So far, no lefty has risen to the challenge described in the opening post.
    6/30/17

I predict Evmetro will post some babbling piece of bullshit and when people reply to point that out, he will respond with a juvenile “I told you so!”

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If you rise to the challenge presented in the opening post, I will humor you with an answer to the thread derailment questions that you asked.
    6/30/17

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This lacks full and correct context, so it is an excellent example of the dishonesty and deception that the thread was about. Thank you for illustrating what I described in the opening post.
    6/30/17

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Getting a lefty to address the use of the correct context is like trying to shove a cat into a toilet. The unwillingness of lefties to discuss full and correct context shows that the only weapon they have in the discussion of kneelers is an inaccurate and alternative context.
    6/30/17

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Getting a lefty to address the use of the correct context is like trying to shove a cat into a toilet. The unwillingness of lefties to discuss full and correct context shows that the only weapon they have in the discussion of kneelers is an inaccurate and alternative context.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

6/30/17

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,092 Times in 25,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Ra-MEN!

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,092 Times in 25,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

So far, no lefty has risen to the challenge described in the opening post.
    So far you haven't answered the question I asked yesterday, do you agree with trump's quote?

"You have to stand proudly for the national anthem or you shouldn't be playing, you shouldn't be there, maybe you shouldn't be in the country."

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,912 Times in 3,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,032 Posts

Here is a refresher from the opening post:

The correct context for the kneeling thing must include and address the fact that the situation is occurring at the workplace, and that the workers are in fact 100% free to find another place to work. It must also include and address the fact that it is not the government that is imposing the workplace conduct requirements that you are so against. If you must present the situation out of its correct context, then you are relying on deception in order to make your point. It won't work

Aside from the fact that job sources for professional football athletes are extremely limited for the level of talent employed by the NFL you are also disingenuously representing the workplace situation .
    No employer, can or does, require jingoistic displays of patriotism with a financial fine for non-compliance IN THE WORK PLACE.
    The NFL has no place in doing trying to do so either.
    We have the intellect to imagine the finality of our own demise but do not have the sophistication to overcome our survival instinct and accept it.
    Solution? Magical thinking and childish promises of everlasting life.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun
    a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
    Ask yourself honestly if this describes what you believe to be true.
    If the answer is yes, you are a racist.

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdberg View Post
    Well then, just have each player burn a flag before the game. That like kneeling is legal and protected. Stopping the protests is defying their constitutional rights. i hope the owners get sued and Trump named in the case.

Nobody is "stopping the protests". The league says they'll fine any franchise whose players fail to stand respectfully during the National Anthem if they are on the field. No player is prevented from protesting, and no player is punished for kneeling.

Protest is only protected by the Constitution if the government is attempting to infringe a citizen's right of free speech/free assembly.

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    So far you haven't answered the question I asked yesterday, do you agree with trump's quote?

"You have to stand proudly for the national anthem or you shouldn't be playing, you shouldn't be there, maybe you shouldn't be in the country."
    Evmetro is an overt racist. Anyone who tells a black American they should leave the country is okay with him.
    Evmetro supports Trump largely because they are both racists.
    That is really what this thread is about.
    We have the intellect to imagine the finality of our own demise but do not have the sophistication to overcome our survival instinct and accept it.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Leonthecat For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-26-2018)

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    You don't get to decide that, Brother.

Absent a specific contractual clause, employers can and do have the right to discipline employees for any breach of policy whatsoever unless prohibited by law.

The employee has the right to pursue legal action if they feel the employer has treated them in a discriminatory manner.
    The players also have a collective bargaining clause in their contracts. A change of policy that came about after the contracts were signed by both parties, should be negotiated, not unilaterally dictated.
    That clause was sidestepped when the league demanded the patriotism or financial fine ultimatum without consulting all the contracted players.
    The players have legal footing to disregard the demand and not be fined.
    This ain't over just because the orange clown agrees with the leagues leaders.
    No, I don't decide it, brother, the players contract lawyers do.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Leonthecat For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (05-25-2018)