Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The South is changing. That should worry Republicans in 2018.

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    you keep posting the same inane comment...tell putin you need reprogramming
    For people like you that learn so slowly, you have to be told and told and told . . . and told.

If you weren't the kind that you are, I'd say you have a learning disability. Since you are that kind, it's typical for you.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    More democrat lies and false hysteria because of your vicious hate for Trump. Shows you know nothing about reality. How is it we have the lowest Black unemployment under trump if he is racists
    Why do Republicans suppose the grown-up world shares their adolescent prima-donna emotionalism? Nobody 'hates' Trump, kid, any more than they hate the village idiot, though they are inevitably extremely contemptuous of the clowns who voted him into political office. Some say it is those drugs your 'free' medical system is selling you!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iolo For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (05-26-2018)

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,302 Times in 53,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

you keep posting the same inane comment...tell putin you need reprogramming
    I don't think the beta version of RacistBotv.1 allows for software updates.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

katzgar (05-26-2018)

6. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I'm always grateful when I see non-Americans like yourself realizing that we are not all like the willfully ignorant and often racist Trumpanzees.
    Have you read his multiple anti-capitalism posts over the years? Trust me even if you don't like Trump he thinks you're (all of us are) plenty willfully ignorant, he's made that quite clear.

7. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Have you read his multiple anti-capitalism posts over the years? Trust me even if you don't like Trump he thinks you're (all of us are) plenty willfully ignorant, he's made that quite clear.
    I've only been here since last fall, so no, I have not seen them. There are several ppl here who are anti-capitalism. So?

8. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I've only been here since last fall, so no, I have not seen them. There are several ppl here who are anti-capitalism. So?
    It was a more a response to your willfully ignorant comment. He thinks we are all willfully ignorant whether one is a dem or rep. Not that big of a deal in the big picture but just pointing it out

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    It's over for your kind , and trump nor you peckerwood can do nothing about it

Demographics will not be your friend no matter how much you bray

Why do so many from the open minded, tolerant and progressive northeast want to retire with the peckawood crackas in the South?

10. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Conservatives in general think that public education sucks, and the more Xtian they are the more this tends to be true. I'm sure you've noticed the push going on for government-paid vouchers so they can send their kids to religious-based private schools? You've heard of charter schools as well. How many posts have you seen here that whine about the universities being filled with liberals, and teaching useless stuff?

I agree with you about trade schools. I would like to see the stigma removed (by educating both parents and students) and more kids with aptitude being guided in that direction. I'd also like to see post-high school trade schools fully-funded so qualified kids can go for 1-2 years and graduate knowing a skilled trade.
    Curious your opinion to this. Obviously where I live is very political progressive. Many people give lip service to wanting good public schools. Yet many people in the City send their kids to private schools. On one hand they are doing exactly what I would/will do and that's put my child in the best school possible. On the other hand if you say you want good public schools why not put your kid(s) in them and participate as a parent and work to make them better?

I'm not saying one is a hypocrite for doing what's best for their child but my question is should (more) people participate in the system they claim to want to make better?

11. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Curious your opinion to this. Obviously where I live is very political progressive. Many people give lip service to wanting good public schools. Yet many people in the City send their kids to private schools. On one hand they are doing exactly what I would/will do and that's put my child in the best school possible. On the other hand if you say you want good public schools why not put your kid(s) in them and participate as a parent and work to make them better?

I'm not saying one is a hypocrite for doing what's best for their child but my question is should (more) people participate in the system they claim to want to make better?
    I absolutely agree. We used to know a few ppl who lived in St. Louis -- as in IN St. Louis, not just the 'burbs -- who loved city life but didn't want their kids going to what they saw as substandard schools, so they sent 'em to parish schools instead. And here's my own bit of hypocrisy. My youngest daughter attended a private university to obtain her teaching degree. She could have attended UMSL for a lot less, but that would have meant that her student teaching and practicum would be done in the STL public school system. Now way did I want her exposed to the violence there. It was worth the extra $ to know that she got just as fine an education, and in safety. She still did her student teaching in a couple of substandard districts, but they didn't have the same problems with violence and assaults on teachers as was true in the STL public schools.

12. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 Times in 1,260 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 79 Times in 76 Posts

We continue to thank Obama for the good economy
    Problem is that is a lie. The economy is improving thanks to Trump and thanks to Trump getting rid of Obama regulations. Obama broke records for the amount of regulations his administration did and that kept the economy stagnant

13. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you are an uneducated deplorable so your comments are inherently stupid. trumps world is obviously poverty ridden.
    Poverty increased under Obama under Trump it is decreasing and under Trump Black unemployment is at record lows

14. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hahahaha. So you think Trump had a group of people of color rounded up, and personally hired them himself? Or directed corporations to do so? The POTUS has nothing to do with it, whether it's Twittler, Obama, W, or whoever.
    You keep believing that.

15. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    What with all the gerrymandering and the listening only to those who agree, it is difficult for foreigners to see how all the decent Americans can survive with the brainwashed racists in charge, if only sometimes, without a second Civil War. I try very hard to see any good in the trumpers, but at best they are the brainwashed noodles who believe, over here, that it is somehow 'patriotic' for working people to vote for their nastiest Masters!
    It is the racists democrats that want the civil war

16. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm always grateful when I see non-Americans like yourself realizing that we are not all like the willfully ignorant and often racist Trumpanzees.

You mean the low information Obama voters. Trump has already don more for this country than Obama did

17. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    Why do Republicans suppose the grown-up world shares their adolescent prima-donna emotionalism? Nobody 'hates' Trump, kid, any more than they hate the village idiot, though they are inevitably extremely contemptuous of the clowns who voted him into political office. Some say it is those drugs your 'free' medical system is selling you!
    You show your hate for the only with the leadership and balls to move the Israel embassy and to get a peace talk going in Korea. Our economy is now making a recovery now that Obama is gone