Page 61 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: No more Kneeling for NFL

1. #901 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    In your last post you suggested the owners are "...capitalists, trying to make as much out of their business as they can."

Now you are saying that perhaps it is a load of horse manure to suppose, as Poli did, that "the best football teams are filled with blacks who can play better than them?"

The owners will play the best athletes for the positions...and the bottom line is that about 70% are filled with black players...although whites are much more numerous than blacks.

Seems to be a disconnect there.
    If there is it escapes me.

Pro sports is 100% meritocracy. Unless NFL owners are in the business of losing, they are going to pay for the best athletes they can afford to pay. If they care about race, no one can tell, because it’s all about winning games and strengthening the franchise.

Are you suggesting whites should file a racial discrimination suit against the league lol? What do you deduce from the fact no white people do that?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. #902 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Mama don't want no black folks protestin' 'round here!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #903 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    What if you went into a place of business and the employee you dealt with wanted to tell you how great Trump was instead of providing you with a service?

Should the manager be able to fire him? Why am I certain you’d be ok with it if the manager did just that lol?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

4. #904 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,630 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not during the anthem

5. #905 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

She doesn't? Why not?

6. #906 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Not during the anthem
    I could have sworn I saw players of many differing ethnicities kneeling in protest last season. Did someone's mama say only the Black players should stop?

7. #907 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,238 Times in 7,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    If there is it escapes me.

Pro sports is 100% meritocracy. Unless NFL owners are in the business of losing, they are going to pay for the best athletes they can afford to pay. If they care about race, no one can tell, because it’s all about winning games and strengthening the franchise.

Are you suggesting whites should file a racial discrimination suit against the league lol? What do you deduce from the fact no white people do that?
    You are correct.

It escaped you.

In one post you are saying the owners will do whatever it takes to win and be profitable.

Poli pointed out that most of the athletes are blacks...and that white envy might be a player.

You suggested that was horse shit.

8. #908 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Mama don't want no BODY protestin no Civil Rights roun' HERE.

Ain't gonna have none 'o THAT nonsense.

Ya'll just be GOOD and SHUT UP about no CIVIL RIGHTS.

Just SHUT UP and PLAY FOOTBALL.

We don't wanna HEAR about no CIVIL RIGHTS.

We tryin to have a GOOD TIME watchin' dem folk git concussions and Dain Bramage.

We didn't pay for no high priced tickets to get reminded 'o what we tryin ta FORGET.

Shut up and play ball.

Our money is worth more than their lives.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 05-26-2018 at 08:30 PM. Reason: typo
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #909 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,004 Times in 14,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    What if you went into a place of business and the employee you dealt with wanted to tell you how great Trump was instead of providing you with a service?

Should the manager be able to fire him? Why am I certain you’d be ok with it if the manager did just that lol?
    Of course your point has a modicum of validity, but only in the narrow scope of your anecdote.

Should an employer be able to force you to recite the pledge, or stand for the anthem every day when you arrive to work?

How about salute a Nazi flag?

How about praise a deity that you don't believe in?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

10. #910 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,238 Times in 7,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

One thing for sure...a word of advice, if I may.

For those people who will not be attending or watching any NFL games because of the protests or because of the league's reaction to the protests...

...be careful of the door as you leave.

Wouldn't want it to hit you in the ass.

11. #911 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

It's really 2 completely different viewpoints on patriotism.

I think dissent IS patriotic. Dissent is what made the country what it is today - starting w/ "no taxation without representation," all the way through freeing the slaves, women's suffrage, worker's rights, antiwar movements, civil rights, and dozens of other instances where people spoke up & acted up to effect positive change.

Trump isn't about that. I consider Trump to be very anti-American - he doesn't support, encourage & celebrate our traditional rights & freedoms. He sees them as a threat.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

Frank Apisa (05-26-2018)

13. #912 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Libs....Kneeling During Anthem, Good
    Kneeling To Pray, Bad
    Even the Bible says don't pray in a front of men but to go away by yourself in private...so...?

14. #913 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Got69ed View Post
    Even the Bible says don't pray in a front of men but to go away by yourself in private...so...?
    Is that why you lied about what Tim Tebow supposedly told you?

15. #914 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gotcha68 View Post
    Out of context without full reason as usual, LOL
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

16. #915 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    It's really 2 completely different viewpoints on patriotism. I think dissent IS patriotic. Dissent is what made the country what it is today - starting w/ "no taxation without representation," all the way through freeing the slaves, women's suffrage, worker's rights, antiwar movements, civil rights, and dozens of other instances where people spoke up & acted up to effect positive change. Trump isn't about that. I consider Trump to be very anti-American - he doesn't support, encourage & celebrate our traditional rights & freedoms. He sees them as a threat.
    You're overlooking the possibility that many people could be pretending to care about the kneelers because they hate Trump, aren't you?