Thread: White Fragility: Wednesday May 23 2018

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cool White Fragility: Wednesday May 23 2018

Candidate criticized for saying displaced Puerto Ricans shouldn't be able to vote in Florida

By Clare Foran, CNN

Washington (CNN)A Republican congressional candidate is facing a backlash after saying that Puerto Ricans who moved to Florida in the wake of Hurricane Maria last year should not be able to register to vote in the state.

In a video uploaded to YouTube by the campaign of a Republican rival, John Ward -- a candidate in the GOP primary for Florida's 6th Congressional District -- is asked by a voter how he would respond to Puerto Ricans who have "moved either temporarily or permanently to Florida" when "they say that they need more help and that the aid to Puerto Rico is not enough."

Ward replied by saying, "First of all, I don't think they should be allowed to register to vote. It's not lost on me that, I think, the Democrat party's really hoping that they can change the voting registers in a lot of counties and districts, and I don't think they should be allowed to do that."

The candidate went on to say that "we should be looking to put the Puerto Ricans back in their homes. The idea that they can come to the mainland United States, I don't necessarily have a problem with that, but I think we should be thinking about it in terms of getting them back home and providing the capital and resources to rebuild Puerto Rico, which is, I honestly think, is where they belong."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/22/polit...ion/index.html

"White people in North America live in a social environment that protects and insulates them from race-based stress. This insulated environment of racial protection builds white expectations for racial comfort while at the same time lowering the ability to tolerate racial stress, leading to what I refer to as White Fragility. White Fragility is a state in which even a minimum amount of racial stress becomes intolerable, triggering a range of defensive moves. These moves include the outward display of emotions such as anger, fear, and guilt, and behaviors such as argumentation, silence, and leaving the stress-inducing situation. These behaviors, in turn, function to reinstate white racial equilibrium."

Robin DiAngelo, Ph.D
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

2. The Following User Groans At Bourbon For This Awful Post:

Granule (05-23-2018)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-23-2018), ThatOwlWoman (05-23-2018)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Republican candidate says displaced Puerto Ricans shouldn't be able to vote in Florida

Washington (CNN)A Republican congressional candidate is facing a backlash after saying that Puerto Ricans who moved to Florida in the wake of Hurricane Maria last year should not be able to register to vote in the state.

In a video uploaded to YouTube by the campaign of a Republican rival, John Ward -- a candidate in the GOP primary for Florida's 6th Congressional District -- is asked by a voter how he would respond to Puerto Ricans who have "moved either temporarily or permanently to Florida" when "they say that they need more help and that the aid to Puerto Rico is not enough."
    Ward replied by saying, "First of all, I don't think they should be allowed to register to vote. It's not lost on me that, I think, the Democrat party's really hoping that they can change the voting registers in a lot of counties and districts, and I don't think they should be allowed to do that."

Guess what you Dumb Fuck, they can and they will .... Stay Tuned Mother Fucker.
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Tell them to go to Puerto Rico and vote.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bourbon:

"White people in North America live in a social environment that protects and insulates them from race-based stress. This insulated environment of racial protection builds white expectations for racial comfort while at the same time lowering the ability to tolerate racial stress, leading to what I refer to as White Fragility. White Fragility is a state in which even a minimum amount of racial stress becomes intolerable, triggering a range of defensive moves. These moves include the outward display of emotions such as anger, fear, and guilt, and behaviors such as argumentation, silence, and leaving the stress-inducing situation. These behaviors, in turn, function to reinstate white racial equilibrium."

Robin DiAngelo, Ph.D

Does this have anything to do with 'White Flight from the Inner Cities'?
    I always find it interesting to hear Liberals/Progressives that have left the confines of the cities and have found their 'home in Suburbia' (usually a white enclave) turn and point the finger at others that complain about the conditions of city life. Usually attributing all their woes to that of being 'Racists' or 'Bigots'.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

the candidate went on to say that "we should be looking to put the Puerto Ricans back in their homes.
    most do not want to go back to la Isla, and it's wonderful Democratic government

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,301 Times in 53,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Guess someone's worried that the brown ppl will outnumber the terrified white elders that comprise his voter base.
    Last edited by ThatOwlWoman; 05-23-2018 at 06:14 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-23-2018)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Candidate criticized for saying displaced Puerto Ricans shouldn't be able to vote in Florida

By Clare Foran, CNN

The candidate went on to say that "we should be looking to put the Puerto Ricans back in their homes. The idea that they can come to the mainland United States, I don't necessarily have a problem with that, but I think we should be thinking about it in terms of getting them back home and providing the capital and resources to rebuild Puerto Rico, which is, I honestly think, is where they belong."

Robin DiAngelo, Ph.D
    Looks good to me. what's your problem?
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,810 Times in 14,164 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Guess someone's worried that the brown ppl will outnumber and terrified white elders that comprise his voter base.
    they know the end is near for them and all that entails
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (05-23-2018)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    they know the end is near for them and all that entails
    You are not helping the situation.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

Remind him that they might return as soon as the Trump govt fixes it up and makes it livable again. After all, they are Americans. #MAGA

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gotcha68 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-23-2018), ThatOwlWoman (05-23-2018)

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,301 Times in 53,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gotcha68 View Post
    Remind him that they might return as soon as the Trump govt fixes it up and makes it livable again. After all, they are Americans. #MAGA
    I've always found it interesting how the Cuban immigrants and escapees were seen as heroic but the PRs -- who are actually American citizens just like we mainlanders are -- not so much. I bet it has to do with the wealth of the escaped Cubans versus the not-so-much-wealth of the others, eh?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-23-2018)

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gotcha68 View Post
    I'm in central Florida -DisneyWorld -just north of Osceola county where the majority have relocated from PR.

They ain't going back. a few will who truly love la Isla.

PR is a poor corrupt island ran by a government that spent itself bankrupt-
    there isn't any reason to go back, when they are getting all kinds of assitannce here.

I go south to Kissimmee and I might as well be in San Juan, the language and the culture is PR

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Callinectes (05-23-2018), Jack (05-23-2018)

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 313 Times in 276 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Granule View Post
    Looks good to me. what's your problem?
    Exactly. Dems would love to welcome Haitians, Puerto Ricans, Hondurans, and Mexicans and make them instant citizens of America.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hvilleherb For This Post:

Callinectes (05-23-2018), Granule (05-24-2018)

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,242 Times in 2,335 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Guess someone's worried that the brown ppl will outnumber the terrified white elders that comprise his voter base.
    One thing that happens down here is senior citizens in two counties in particular(Broward and Miami-Dade), overwhelmingly vote democrat. Poor dears, they keep hoping Roosevelt will run again. The rest of the state is pretty red. PR is blue. They are allowed to vote in presidential primaries, not in congressionals, and not in actual presidential elections. I don't care if they vote in primaries, as long as they they register as Puerto Ricans, and their results are attributed to Puerto Rico. They should not be allowed to be bused in here to vote like Florida is the new Tammany Hall and these people were Irish immigrants fresh off the boat. This could skew the electoral college(and admit it, even though you hate the electoral college the only reason you guys want to do this is you're worried about 2018 and beyond). If you want a bunch of brand new dem voters, push them toward statehood. People have been trying for decades. Good luck
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

Granule (05-24-2018)

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iewitness View Post
    I am glad this shit is almost over for me. I pray to escape the things coming upon earth due to the "browning" and evil men. http://biblehub.com/kjv/luke/21.htm if/ when I am murdered; the damned do me a favor http://biblehub.com/kjv/john/16.htm. it is almost over ...
    What if you end up in Muslim Heaven? Or you get stuck in Catholic Heaven but have to live in the Mexican part of town? What if there are Jews up there that got converted by Mormons and they're all pissed off and stuff? Lot of shit going on. God may have adopted some kind of 'Multiculturalism'. You may want to rethink checking out early, ... just saying.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-23-2018)