Thread: Current Events that liberals will loathe

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    That's odd. You said gas is $5 @ gallon in NYC.

It's not.
    According to Fox News it is.

https://www.4conservative.com/item/5...k-city-story-/

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krudzu View Post
    According to Fox News it is.
    No, it isn't.

According to the real-time app, you can find gas in Manhattan for three bucks and change per gallon.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/GasPrices/New%20York/Manhattan

WNYW is a local TV station, BTW, not "Fox News".

https://publicfiles.fcc.gov/tv-profile/wnyw

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

I only Fill Up about once a month ... can't remember what I paid the last time
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    I only Fill Up about once a month ... can't remember what I paid the last time
    I surprised you can remember anything. Is your license suspended for DUI?

Have another drink.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default I wonder why he can't name his alleged 'source'. I think I know why ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Rep. Al Green (D-TX) told C-SPAN that a Republican Member of Congress told him that “he was strongly considering,” impeaching President Trump during an interview on Tuesday.

C-SPAN’s Pedro Echevarria asked Green what Republican members of Congress have said to him about his efforts to impeach Trump.

“I’ve actually had a Republican member who said, ‘I’m strongly considering impeachment now,’ and I can only say to you that my suspicion is that there are a good many others who believe we’ve reached that point,” Green said.

Green did not name the Republican who allegedly is or when these comments were made.

https://ntknetwork.com/green-a-republican-member-of-congress-told-me-he-is-strongly-considering-impeachment/

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I surprised you can remember anything. Is your license suspended for DUI?

Have another drink.

You may want to fix the needle ...

ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    You may want to fix the needle ...
    Have another drink.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

An MS-13 member who goes by the gang name “Animal” received a 40-year prison sentence this week for a conspiracy that included the murder of a 15-year-old boy, the U.S. attorney’s office in Massachusetts said Tuesday.

The nickname, which the prosecutors highlighted in the headline of a press release, is particularly telling, coming just a week after President Trump called members of the violent, immigrant-fueled MS-13 gang “animals.”

Joel Martinez, 23, admitted he murdered the 15-year-old as part of his initiation as a “homeboy” in Mara Salvatrucha, the gang’s full name.

“I stabbed the culero three times,” Mr. Martinez said, according to prosecutors. “He stared at me and he asked me if I was going to, if I was going to stab him. I told him, ‘Yes, the Mara rules you.’”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/22/ms-13-gang-member-nicknamed-animal-gets-40-years/

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Fake news CNN slipping in ratings

CNN continues to struggle with their ratings, losing to Nickelodeon in the total viewers category and Home and Garden Television in primetime viewers last week.

According to ratings by Nielsen Media Research for the week of May 14 to May 20, CNN ranked tenth in average primetime viewership behind Fox News, HGTV, USA, and other networks.

https://californiarealitywatch.com/2018/05/22/nickelodeon-beats-cnn-in-ratings/

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law, has White House security clearance restored

Jared Kushner, President Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser, had his security clearance restored after almost three months in limbo.

Kushner's lawyer said Wednesday that Kushner completed the background check process that began last year. It was held up in part because he neglected to fully account for his contacts with foreign nationals.

"His application was properly submitted, reviewed by career officials and went through the normal process," attorney Abbe Lowell said in a statement. "Having completed these processes, Mr. Kushner is looking forward to continuing the work the president has asked him to do.”

Kushner's permission to view top secret information was revoked in February after White House Chief of Staff John Kelly declared a moratorium on temporary security clearances.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/05/23/jared-kushner-security-clearance-restored-after-being-downgraded/638127002/

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,810 Times in 17,250 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Gas is about 4 bucks now. It is going up fast. https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...rices/6737771/ So much for the incredible huge tax cut that made us all rich.,

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdberg View Post
    Gas is about 4 bucks now. It is going up fast. https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...rices/6737771/ So much for the incredible huge tax cut that made us all rich.,
    Gas prices go up every year. Nobody told you you'd get "incredible huge tax cut" that'd make us all rich.

From the article you cited:

Michael Green, public relations manager at AAA, said that seasonal factors played a major role in the recent runup in gas prices. "Refinery maintenance, the switchover to summer blend gasoline, and more-recently rising demand," have all played a role in the rise of gas prices, Green said. Differences in regional gas prices are in part the result of where a state is located. "The closer you are to a refinery, generally means you'll pay less at the pump," Green explained. Hawaii may be the most notable example of this. Similarly, states in the Northeast often pay higher prices due to their distance from oil-producing and refining states.

Because of their location, many states often import more expensive oil from abroad. "Refineries along the West Coast and Northeast generally buy higher priced Brent crude oil from overseas," Green said. Eventually, these higher prices are passed on to the consumer, who ends up paying more at the pump.

Taxes often affect the price of gasoline as well. Of the 10 states with the nation's highest gas prices, all but two levy among the 10 highest gas taxes. Residents in California, New York, Connecticut and Hawaii pay the most in both gas prices and gas taxes. California charges drivers more than 52 cents per gallon in state taxes alone.

Let's look at your claim that "gas is about 4 bucks now".

Again, from the article you cited:

These are the states with the highest gas prices:

Pennsylvania
    -- Price per gallon: $3.64
    Maine
    -- Price per gallon: $3.64
    Indiana
    -- Price per gallon: $3.66
    Michigan
    -- Price per gallon: $3.72
    Illinois
    -- Price per gallon: $3.76
    Connecticut
    -- Price per gallon: $3.77
    New York
    -- Price per gallon: $3.78
    Alaska
    -- Price per gallon: $3.84
    California
    -- Price per gallon: $3.97
    Hawaii
    -- Price per gallon: $4.17

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2014/03/23/24-7-wall-st-10-states-with-the-highest-gas-prices/6737771/

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

It is fascinating to hear weirdoes like Legion woofling on about Liberals and Conservatives, like being back in my Greatgrandfather's time, or even the Nineteenth Century. I suppose that as we move towards The End it is comforting for such Americans to pretend to live in the distant past and not to be destroying the human race. Heil Trump and the American Fantasy!
    Last edited by iolo; 05-25-2018 at 05:32 AM.