Thread: For Kacper

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default For Kacper

You seem to have forgotten to reply to my question; so in order to help you, I have made the decision to start this thread and allow you the opportunity to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Most restaurants in my city don't even have locks on the bathroom (I actually can't think of any that does) and they are not filled to the brim with homeless people and drug addicts and we have our fair share of both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Filled to the brim.?? Who said anything about that.? All it takes is one homeless illegal to go into the BR and spend two hours taking a bath in the sink and then washing his clothes there. That ruins things for everyone. THINK
    Then you ask them to leave. There is still nothing that prevents a property owner from tossing an undesirable from their property.
    And if they refuse to leave?
    Just thought I would add that your phrase of "undesirable" is subjective and could be used in ways that you may not be considering.
    Last edited by USFREEDOM911; 05-22-2018 at 10:23 AM.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    You seem to have forgotten to reply to my question; so in order to help you, I have made the decision to start this thread and allow you the opportunity to respond.

And if they refuse to leave?
    Just thought I would add that your phrase of "undesirable" is subjective and could be used in ways that you may not be considering.
    Then have them arrested for trespassing. Undesirable is subjective as is appropriate to the situation as who is desirable at one place may not be desirable at another. You can decide who can or cannot come onto your property as capriciously as you like, government workers performing their job being the only meaningful exceptions.

3. #3 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,510 Times in 16,973 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Then have them arrested for trespassing. Undesirable is subjective as is appropriate to the situation as who is desirable at one place may not be desirable at another. You can decide who can or cannot come onto your property as capriciously as you like, government workers performing their job being the only meaningful exceptions.
    Sadly, that doesn't apply to cake bakers.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

MAGA MAN (05-23-2018)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Sure it does. You just have to do it at the individual level as opposed to the class denial level.

6. #5 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,510 Times in 16,973 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Sure it does. You just have to do it at the individual level as opposed to the class denial level.
    Unfortunately, it turns into the class denial level even when it's just an individual denial.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

MAGA MAN (05-23-2018)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Unfortunately, it turns into the class denial level even when it's just an individual denial.
    Depends on how you couch it in your, "No, get the hell off my property and stay off."

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Or Muslims who perform waxing.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

But isn't having someone arrested for trespassing exactly what got the Starbucks conversation started?

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But isn't having someone arrested for trespassing exactly what got the Starbucks conversation started?
    Yes, so? Starbucks misplayed this. Doesn't change their right to have trespassers arrested.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Yes, so? Starbucks misplayed this. Doesn't change their right to have trespassers arrested.
    Now, thanks to their corporate SJW mentality, looks like the homeless problem is solved, at least while their stores are open.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have no problem with the guys being arrested.
    I do have a problem with Starbucks being spineless, refusing to support their employee, and then being total idiots.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have no problem with the guys being arrested.
    I do have a problem with Starbucks being spineless, refusing to support their employee, and then being total idiots.
    That's fine. My only real concern was the timing. I have read some accounts that allegedly the police were called withing the first couple minutes of them entering the store which would suggest that management may not have even had time to discuss their intentions with the guys. I am not a fan of coffee or Starbucks so they can go under for all I really care. Wouldn't matter to me how. My local coffee place knows how I like my hot tea in winter and that is all I need.

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's fine. My only real concern was the timing. I have read some accounts that allegedly the police were called withing the first couple minutes of them entering the store which would suggest that management may not have even had time to discuss their intentions with the guys. I am not a fan of coffee or Starbucks so they can go under for all I really care. Wouldn't matter to me how. My local coffee place knows how I like my hot tea in winter and that is all I need.
    Transcripts of the entire incident have been posted and the Manager asked them several times to leave, they refused, she called the Cops, the Cops then asked them to leave, they
    still refused, and then were arrested for trespassing.

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Starbucks undoubtedly has an army of attorneys at its disposal. They probably determined the new policy, and there is some logic to it. The stores still have the option of asking anyone to leave the premises, but they have much less risk of being repeatedly sued. The issue is more likely to fade away.
    Last edited by Controlled Opposition; 05-23-2018 at 12:21 AM.