Thread: Replacing Saddam with butchers.

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    The making and drinking of alcohol had to be done in the ex-pat compounds. Woe betide you if caught drunk on the streets by the religious police. I would think it was eminently sensible to assume that they monitored mail and telephone calls in the past. They recently lifted the ban on Skype and WhatsApp but you can be sure they are being monitored. Although not sure how they can break the encryption on messaging apps.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKCN1BW12L
    There are VERY few religious police.. especially in the Eastern Province and Jeddah.. They are banned completely in Yanbu and Jubail.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kudzuForBrains View Post
    Iraq was NOT a threat to any of the neighbors .. Iraq was broken by 2 decades of war and sanctions. The big threat from Iraq was Bibi Netanyahu's lie.
    Only in moron land; a massive devastating war with Iran and invasion of Kuwait; yeah, not a threat to anyone. You really are a buffoon.

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump had NOTHING to do with MBS's reforms and all they did was dazzle Trump with pageantry and hospitality which they do to every guest of the kingdom... even me.
    Moron during a TDS eruption.

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Only in moron land; a massive devastating war with Iran and invasion of Kuwait; yeah, not a threat to anyone. You really are a buffoon.

The invasion of Kuwait was long over. Did you ever hear of the dual containment policy? It worked like a charm for a couple of decades.

You have never been to Iraq either, have you?

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    There are VERY few religious police.. especially in the Eastern Province and Jeddah.. They are banned completely in Yanbu and Jubail.
    Pay attention!! I am talking about in the past not now!! You claim to be so intelligent yet seem to have serious reading comprehension skills.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Truth Detector (05-23-2018)

7. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Trump had NOTHING to do with MBS's reforms and all they did was dazzle Trump with pageantry and hospitality which they do to every guest of the kingdom... even me.
    Of course. Not what i said.
    I said Trump's meeting with KSA helped REPAIR US/KSA relations,which had gone bad under Obama

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

9. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The invasion of Kuwait was long over. Did you ever hear of the dual containment policy? It worked like a charm for a couple of decades.

You have never been to Iraq either, have you?
    Dear moron; the invasion of Kuwait was the only reason we went into Iraq in the first place. I am amused that you fancy yourself as some kind of ME expert but cannot comprehend even the basic reality that is the ME.

Saddam wasn't a stabilizing influence unless you are a moron on steroids. Saddam was a destabilizing influence as is the leadership of Iran after the ejection of the Shah. Iraq invaded Iran and Kuwait. To suggest that they weren't a threat to their neighbors is the pinnacle of ignorance.

The ME is a mess created by the empires of Europe. It will always be a mess and there will always be meddling by some European entity because they are so reliant on ME oil to power their economies.

Now do yourself a favor and....

10. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Pay attention!! I am talking about in the past not now!! You claim to be so intelligent yet seem to have serious reading comprehension skills.
    In order to comprehend, one must first have a brain; KudzuForBrains lacks that ingredient.

11. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There were no religious police until 1979.. and they have been banned in Yanbu and Jubail since then.. They are rare in Jedda and the Eastern province... Even a decade ago they were thrown out of the International Book Fair.. So I am speaking of the past 30 years.

They are pests with no police powers.. Mostly they roam the streets around time for evening prayers and tell young men, "go to Mosque, cut your hair".

You'd know that if you lived in Arabia.

12. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In order to comprehend, one must first have a brain; KudzuForBrains lacks that ingredient.

Why do you think the Arabs, historians, diplomats, Europeans and oilmen ALL opposed Bush's invasion of Iraq, you effing moron?

13. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There were no religious police until 1979.. and they have been banned in Yanbu and Jubail since then.. They are rare in Jedda and the Eastern province... Even a decade ago they were thrown out of the International Book Fair.. So I am speaking of the past 30 years.

They are pests with no police powers.. Mostly they roam the streets around time for evening prayers and tell young men, "go to Mosque, cut your hair".

You'd know that if you lived in Arabia.
    As I said before I knew people who worked there and contemplated doing an IT contract there. However, despite the financial rewards, I couldn't see myself living in such a claustrophobic environment. So I went to Thailand instead, almost as well paid, but far more exciting and rewarding.

14. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Of course. Not what i said.
    I said Trump's meeting with KSA helped REPAIR US/KSA relations,which had gone bad under Obama
    I don't think they were bad relations under Obama. They knew what he was trying to accomplish... just as they know Trump is a buffoon.. They know Trump responds to flattery and praise.. and call Kushner the Clown Prince. Foreign policy is not all shits and giggles or sword dances..

15. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

As I said before I knew people who worked there and contemplated doing an IT contract there. However, despite the financial rewards, I couldn't see myself living in such a claustrophobic environment. So I went to Thailand instead, almost as well paid, but far more exciting and rewarding.
    Arabia is a hard slog unless you have a family.......

16. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't think they were bad relations under Obama. They knew what he was trying to accomplish... just as they know Trump is a buffoon.. They know Trump responds to flattery and praise.. and call Kushner the Clown Prince. Foreign policy is not all shits and giggles or sword dances..
    Sorry not buying that, Trump is on their side against Iran. That's all they really care about, isn't it?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

18. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Dear moron; the invasion of Kuwait was the only reason we went into Iraq in the first place. I am amused that you fancy yourself as some kind of ME expert but cannot comprehend even the basic reality that is the ME.

Saddam wasn't a stabilizing influence unless you are a moron on steroids. Saddam was a destabilizing influence as is the leadership of Iran after the ejection of the Shah. Iraq invaded Iran and Kuwait. To suggest that they weren't a threat to their neighbors is the pinnacle of ignorance.

The ME is a mess created by the empires of Europe. It will always be a mess and there will always be meddling by some European entity because they are so reliant on ME oil to power their economies.

Now do yourself a favor and....

Kuwait was stealing Iraqi oil.. and would NOT forgive the OPEC quota as KSA did.. Saddam was NO threat to anyone except Kuwait and that was remedied pretty quickly. There was NO reason for an invasion in 2003. NONE.... That's why everyone who knew anything about Iraq or the ME OPPOSED the invasion.. That means Arabia and the GCC, oilmen, historians, diplomats and Europeans tried to warn Bush off, but he was under the thrall of Cheney and Bibi Netanyahu and believed he was fighting Gog and Magog.

It was probably the dumbest war in history and lead to the ascendancy of Iran and the development of ISIS.