Thanks
    Thanked 23,543 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default American Evangelism Looks Like an Apocalyptic Death-Cult

Yes the white christian death cult

no, no mental health problems there

End-times Christians are set on a timeline in which every Jewish person in the world (yes all of them) return to Jerusalem and we see the start of WWIII in which every country attacks Israel for some reason or whatever, and God takes every Christian and child to heaven to escape the next seven years of tribulation and horror. This is referred to often by right-winged evangelicals as the “rapture.” So to answer the question of why Jerusalem is so important to the religious right, many American Evangelicals ascribe to the idea that not only is this a herald of the promised end times, but that it puts America on the right side of the coming conflict.

The promise of a doomed world, an apocalyptic future in which they escape while their enemies remain behind to suffer, is a cruel vision more reminiscent of a doomsday cult than the typical image of a happy Sunday School bible lesson. Watching the religious right cheer a blundering political move that is certain to bring harm and bloodshed, I am reminded of their true motives. They don’t actually care about the people or state of Israel and certainly not those suffering in Palestine. If they actually cared about the plight of Jewish people they wouldn’t still be praising and defending the actions of literal nazis and anti-semites in their circles. Instead, they’re holding up their books of prophecy like a religious bingo card, eager to set the ball rolling on the apocalypse.

https://medium.com/@RealDorianDawes/...t-1b991f4d241d
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Speaking to the New York Times about the prominent involvement of Christian supporters of Israel at the Monday inauguration of the US Embassy in Jerusalem, over which he presided, Friedman said evangelical Christians “support Israel with much greater fervor and devotion than many in the Jewish community.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-env...han-many-jews/

See. And you've been bad-mouthing them all this time.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post

End-times Christians are set on a timeline in which every Jewish person in the world (yes all of them) return to Jerusalem and we see the start of WWIII in which every country attacks Israel for some reason or whatever, and God takes every Christian and child to heaven to escape the next seven years of tribulation and horror. This is referred to often by right-winged evangelicals as the “rapture.” So to answer the question of why Jerusalem is so important to the religious right, many American Evangelicals ascribe to the idea that not only is this a herald of the promised end times, but that it puts America on the right side of the coming conflict.

The promise of a doomed world, an apocalyptic future in which they escape while their enemies remain behind to suffer, is a cruel vision more reminiscent of a doomsday cult than the typical image of a happy Sunday School bible lesson. Watching the religious right cheer a blundering political move that is certain to bring harm and bloodshed, I am reminded of their true motives. They don’t actually care about the people or state of Israel and certainly not those suffering in Palestine. If they actually cared about the plight of Jewish people they wouldn’t still be praising and defending the actions of literal nazis and anti-semites in their circles. Instead, they’re holding up their books of prophecy like a religious bingo card, eager to set the ball rolling on the apocalypse.

1. You are saying that Christian evangelicals are as fucked up as the Judaic death cultists.
    2. Fuck Israel.
    3. "The Jews don't need Israel; they already have New York." Noam Chomsky (Jew)

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    1. You are saying that Christian evangelicals are as fucked up as the Judaic death cultists.
    2. Fuck Israel.
    3. "The Jews don't need Israel; they already have New York." Noam Chomsky (Jew)
    Now, now, Controlled Opposition. Let's be supportive of Miss juno.
    I think she will be comforted to know that the Mormons here in the US are Baptizing the deceased Jews into Jesus-loving Christians.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Now, now, Controlled Opposition. Let's be supportive of Miss juno.
    I think she will be comforted to know that the Mormons here in the US are Baptizing the deceased Jews into Jesus-loving Christians.
    Thanks for reminding me that upon my death, I will have been double baptized. The Presbyterians did it without my consent because I was an infant. When I die, the Mormons will do it again, against my will.

The good thing is that anyone can get into Presbyterian heaven. Tranquillus in Exile can get into Presbyterian heaven. Even if we don't want to be there. To me, heaven sounds like eternal boredom.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    Thanks for reminding me that upon my death, I will have been double baptized. The Presbyterians did it without my consent because I was an infant. When I die, the Mormons will do it again, against my will.

The good thing is that anyone can get into Presbyterian heaven. Tranquillus in Exile can get into Presbyterian heaven. Even if we don't want to be there. To me, heaven sounds like eternal boredom.
    hahahaha Funny.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post

Not believing you can go to heaven certainly makes Israelis happy go lucky people now doesn't it?