Thread: DEMOCRATS deny the existence of the Deep State

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 99 Times in 91 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default GRAND SLAM

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    For the last several weeks, the few members of the press bothering to report on the Obama administration’s targeting of the Trump campaign have questioned the FBI’s contention that it first launched its investigation into the Trump campaign in late July 2017.

The Washington Post gives cover to the revelation that the sting began earlier: “The FBI commonly uses sources and informants to gather evidence and its regulations allow for use of informants even before a formal investigation has been opened. In many law enforcement investigations, the use of sources and informants precedes more invasive techniques such as electronic surveillance.”

All true. But for the last two years the FBI maintained first that it did not spy on the Trump campaign and second that it only launched its “investigation” in late July 2016.

WikiLeaks released emails hacked from the DEMOCRAT National Committee server in late July, precipitating the July 31, 2016, start of Crossfire Hurricane. Clearly, the insiders intended to create the impression that the FBI’s interest in the Trump campaign stemmed from legitimate concerns.

But now we know that the FBI used the term “investigation” in a technical sense, not a colloquial one. Rather than vindicate the FBI, this raises the specter that the FBI extensively targeted Trump campaign officials before its official launch of Crossfire Hurricane.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/21/public-evidence-crossfire-hurricane-demands-full-investigation-stat/
    You knocked that one out of the park, brother!!!!!!! The Babe couldn't have done it better.

​sounds of silence!

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It sounds harmless to suggest that the Mueller investigation be allowed more time to finish its work. But is it? Let’s review some history.

Recall that the investigation was begun to learn whether the Trump campaign had gotten help unlawfully from Russia. Justice Department regulations permit appointment of a special counsel only if (i) there is reason to think that a federal crime has been committed, and (ii) investigating it would present a conflict of interest for the Justice Department or there is another overriding public reason to take the investigation outside DOJ.

Because Jeff Sessions had worked on the Trump campaign, he recused himself from the matter, and so the deputy — Rod Rosenstein — took the decision to appoint a special counsel. The regulations require that such an appointment recite the facts justifying the conclusion that a federal crime was committed, and specify the crime.

However, the initial appointment of Robert Mueller did neither, referring instead to a national security investigation that a special counsel has no authority to pursue.

Although Rosenstein apparently tried to correct his mistake in a new appointment memo, he has thus far refused to publicly disclose a complete copy of it. In other investigations supposedly implicating a president — Watergate and Whitewater come to mind — we were told what the crime was and what facts justified the investigation. Not here.

Nor have any of the charges filed in the Mueller investigation disclosed the Trump campaign’s criminal acceptance or solicitation of help from the Russians. The one indictment that relates to Russian criminality charges that the Russians committed social media abuses, but says specifically that if the Trump campaign got the benefit of it, that was “unwitting” — i.e., without criminal intent.

Since then, although the White House has produced documents in the tens of thousands, the investigation has gotten further from anything suggesting Trump campaign criminality involving Russian influence, not closer. Michael Cohen and Stormy Daniels, however fascinating, have nothing to do with Russian campaign influence.

What’s the harm in letting it go on? First, the law requires that a special counsel investigate a specified crime based on specified facts, not try to be the second coming of the Lone Ranger.

But further, the ongoing investigation saps the resources and attention of the Trump administration. If the administration cannot function, the burden of this constantly shifting investigation will give rise to a narrative that any failure was due to the Mueller diversion — that the Trump administration was stabbed in the back. That is potentially more damaging to our politics than any salaciousness that might be tossed up by Robert Mueller.
    For both legal and political reasons, the end of this investigation is overdue.

http://archive.is/oZo5C#selection-1305.0-1331.79
    And don't forget. When we finishing winning this one we will lock hillary up.

We alway win, even when we're losing.

​sounds of silence!

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,912 Times in 3,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,032 Posts

Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord, Brother. He will repay.
    As will those who benefited from their associations with him, Pastor..
    We have the intellect to imagine the finality of our own demise but do not have the sophistication to overcome our survival instinct and accept it.
    Solution? Magical thinking and childish promises of everlasting life.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun
    a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
    Ask yourself honestly if this describes what you believe to be true.
    If the answer is yes, you are a racist.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rat Robbersson View Post
    I'm sure. we are always right.
    who is we?

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,912 Times in 3,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,032 Posts

You are such a rat, Rat Robbersson.
    We have the intellect to imagine the finality of our own demise but do not have the sophistication to overcome our survival instinct and accept it.
    Solution? Magical thinking and childish promises of everlasting life.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun
    a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
    Ask yourself honestly if this describes what you believe to be true.
    If the answer is yes, you are a racist.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Leonthecat For This Post:

Rat Robbersson (05-21-2018)

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    who is we?
    You and I, don'r be shy, watch the bumblebee fly, bro!!!!!!
    ​sounds of silence!

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leonthecat View Post
    You are such a rat, Rat Robbersson.
    Aw shucks. thanks.
    ​sounds of silence!

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 313 Times in 276 Posts

You knocked that one out of the park, brother!!!!!!! The Babe couldn't have done it better.

Let the investigation into Obama's illegal wiretapping of Trump begin.

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    what a bunch of fascists - no other word for it.

The unmasking were on top of the spying on the Trump campaign,and the FISA abuses - all designed to weaponize against Trump & campaign.

How anyone can look at any of this with partisan blinder and say "what Deep State?" is laughable.

In fact there is SO MUCH abuses, so many lies, and concoctions it's really hard for me to recall it all/

I don't think the IG report ( drafted and now being ready for publication) really goes into the FBI/Mueller fabrications.
    There are a couple books coming out on all this -but you know the Obamatrons will write it off as "political"
    when they should be looking at the Obama politicization of the IC leadership.
    They are a disgusting lot.

Huber is supposed to be looking at all this -but he's out of Utah- and while he can coordinate with Horowitz
    he doesn't have subpoena power like Mueller.
    So we have to hope it's being organized for eventual indictments
    You clearly have no idea what a "fascist" is. To you, it's just an arbitrary insult. The "abuses" are all on the part of Trump, from his collusion with Russia to subvert the election, to his refusal to comply with the Constitution's emoluments requirements, to his constant lying and obstruction. Your "deep state" has nothing to compare with Trump himself.
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

11. The Following User Groans At rjhenn For This Awful Post:

Controlled Opposition (05-22-2018)

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Many are diving deeply into minutiae in order to discredit any notion that President Trump might have been onto something when he fired off a series of tweets claiming Obama had "tapped" Trump Tower.

The FBI did indeed "wiretap" the former head of Trump's campaign, Paul Manafort, both before and after Trump was elected.

If Trump officials - or Trump himself - communicated with Manafort during the wiretaps, they would have been recorded, too.

It means U.S. intelligence agencies secretly surveilled at least a half dozen Trump associates. And those are just the ones we know about.

Besides Manafort, former Trump advisers Carter Page and Michael Flynn and multiple Trump "transition officials" were "incidentally" captured during government surveillance of a foreign official.

We know this because former Obama adviser Susan Rice admitted "unmasking," or asking to know the identities of, the officials.

Spying on U.S. citizens is considered so sensitive, their names are supposed to be hidden or "masked," even inside the government, to protect their privacy.

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates acknowledged they, too, reviewed communications of political figures secretly collected under Obama.
    Nothing unusual about any of that. Communicate with foreign intelligence services, or get under investigation for possible criminal activities, and you're going to get listened to.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

13. The Following User Groans At rjhenn For This Awful Post:

Controlled Opposition (05-22-2018)

14. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    It's Fox. What else would you expect?

15. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I keep wondering that about Mueller's fishing expedition.
    Whitewater
    6 years
    0 indictments
    0 convictions

Benghazi
    4 years
    0 indictments
    0 convictions

Hillary’s emails
    2 years
    0 indictments
    0 convictions

Trump-Russia
    1 year
    19 indictments
    5 guilty pleas
    4 convictions

All those others were legitimate investigations, but Mueller's just a "fishing expedition".

16. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    For some reason, I am only giving the option of blogging your posts on this thread.
    Of course, his "OBAMA" plate is just fake news.

17. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The “deep state” is in a deep state of desperation. With little time left before the Justice Department inspector general’s report becomes public, and with special counsel Robert Mueller having failed to bring down Donald Trump after a year of trying, they know a reckoning is coming.

At this point, there is little doubt that the highest echelons of the FBI and the Justice Department broke their own rules to end the Hillary Clinton “matter,” but we can expect the inspector general to document what was done or, more pointedly, not done. It is hard to see how a year-long investigation of this won’t come down hard on former FBI Director James Comey and perhaps even former Attorney General Loretta Lynch, who definitely wasn’t playing mahjong in a secret “no aides allowed” meeting with former President Clinton on a Phoenix airport tarmac.

With this report on the way and congressional investigators beginning to zero in on the lack of hard, verified evidence for starting the Trump probe, current and former intelligence and Justice Department officials are dumping everything they can think of to save their reputations.

But it is backfiring. They started by telling the story of Alexander Downer, an Australian diplomat, as having remembered a bar conversation with George Papadopoulos, a foreign policy adviser to the Trump campaign. But how did the FBI know they should talk to him? That’s left out of their narrative. Downer’s signature appears on a $25 million contribution to the Clinton Foundation. You don’t need much imagination to figure that he was close with Clinton Foundation operatives who relayed information to the State Department, which then called the FBI to complete the loop. This wasn’t intelligence. It was likely opposition research from the start.

In no way would a fourth-hand report from a Maltese professor justify wholesale targeting of four or five members of the Trump campaign. It took Christopher Steele, with his funding concealed through false campaign filings, to be incredibly successful at creating a vast echo chamber around his unverified, fanciful dossier, bouncing it back and forth between the press and the FBI so it appeared that there were multiple sources all coming to the same conclusion.

Time and time again, investigators came up empty. Even several sting operations with an FBI spy we just learned about failed to produce a Delorean-like video with cash on the table. But rather than close the probe, the deep state just expanded it. All they had were a few isolated contacts with Russians and absolutely nothing related to Trump himself, yet they pressed forward. Egged on by Steele, they simply believed Trump and his team must be dirty. They just needed to dig deep enough.

Perhaps the murkiest event in the timeline is Rod Rosenstein’s appointment of a special counsel after he personally recommended Comey’s firing in blistering terms. With Attorney General Jeff Sessions shoved out of the way, Rosenstein and Mueller then ignored their own conflicts and took charge anyway. Rosenstein is a fact witness, and Mueller is a friend of Comey, disqualifying them both.

Flush with 16 prosecutors, including a former lawyer for the Clinton Foundation, and an undisclosed budget, the Mueller investigation has been a scorched-earth effort to investigate the entirety of the Trump campaign, Trump business dealings, the entire administration and now, if it was not Russia, maybe it’s some other country.

The president’s earlier legal team was naive in believing that, when Mueller found nothing, he would just end it. Instead, the less investigators found, the more determined and expansive they became. This president and his team now are on a better road to put appropriate limits on all this.

This process must now be stopped, preferably long before a vote in the Senate. Rather than a fair, limited and impartial investigation, the Mueller investigation became a partisan, open-ended inquisition that, by its precedent, is a threat to all those who ever want to participate in a national campaign or an administration again.

Its prosecutions have all been principally to pressure witnesses with unrelated charges and threats to family, or just for a public relations effect, like the indictment of Russian internet trolls. Unfortunately, just like the Doomsday Machine in “Dr. Strangelove” that was supposed to save the world but instead destroys it, the Mueller investigation comes with no “off” switch: You can’t fire Mueller. He needs to be defeated, like Ken Starr, the independent counsel who investigated President Clinton.

Finding the “off” switch will not be easy. Step one here is for the Justice Department inspector general report to knock Comey out of the witness box. Next, the full origins of the investigation and its lack of any real intelligence needs to come out in the open. The attorney general, himself the target of a secret investigation, needs to take back his Justice Department. Sessions needs to act quickly, along with U.S. Attorney John Huber, appointed to conduct an internal review of the FBI, on the Comey and McCabe matters following the inspector general report, and then announce an expanded probe into other abuses of power.

The president’s lawyers need to extend their new aggressiveness from words to action, filing complaints with Justice Department’s Office of Professional Responsibility on the failure of Mueller and Rosenstein to recuse themselves, and going into court to question the tactics of the special counsel, from selective prosecutions on unrelated matters, illegally seizing Government Services Administration emails, covering up the phone texts of FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, and operating without a scope approved by the attorney general. (The regulations call for the attorney general to recuse himself from the investigation but appear to still leave him responsible for the scope.)

The final stopper may be the president himself, offering two hours of testimony, perhaps even televised live from the White House. The last time America became obsessed with Russian influence in America was the McCarthy hearings in the 1950s. Those ended only when Sen. Joseph McCarthy (R-Wis.) attacked an associate of the U.S. Army counsel, Joseph Welch, and Welch famously responded: “Sir, have you no decency?” In this case, virtually every associate and family member of the president has been subject to smears conveniently leaked to the press.

Stopping Mueller isn’t about one president or one party. It’s about all presidents and all parties. It’s about cleaning out and reforming the deep state so that our intelligence operations are never used against opposing campaigns without the firmest of evidence. It’s about letting people work for campaigns and administrations without needing legal defense funds. It’s about relying on our elections to decide our differences.

Mark Penn served as pollster and adviser to President Clinton from 1995 to 2000, including during his impeachment. He is chairman of the Harris Poll and author of “Microtrends Squared.”

http://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/388549-stopping-robert-mueller-to-protect-us-all
    The usual paranoid conspiracy theory that the right gorges on.

18. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Did Monica Lewinsky have anything to do with Whitewater?

Whitewater
    6 years
    0 indictments
    0 convictions

Benghazi
    4 years
    0 indictments
    0 convictions

Hillary’s emails
    2 years
    0 indictments
    0 convictions

Trump-Russia
    1 year
    19 indictments
    5 guilty pleas
    4 convictions

Over a year since the election and the righties are still obsessed with Obama and Hillary.