Thread: When their best defense is....

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,904 Times in 21,666 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default When their best defense is....

When their best defense of Rump is that Hillary (who they hate for being”unethical”) did it also, you know the end is coming.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

2. The Following User Groans At Jarod For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-20-2018)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-20-2018), mak2 (05-19-2018), ThatOwlWoman (05-19-2018)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Are you trying to make any actual point with this thread?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sirthinksalot For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-20-2018), Rat Robbersson (05-22-2018)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    He cannot justify his double standard, so he's desperate. You see, he failed to object when DEMOCRATS received huge payments from Russians, but had been bleating about Michael Cohen allegedly getting smaller payments from Russians.

No he has no moral high ground to mount his high horse from.

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes, the point is that you have nothing to defend Rump with except to compare him to someone you think is too unethical to be president.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-20-2018), Leonthecat (05-20-2018)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Yes, the point is that you have nothing to defend Rump with except to compare him to someone you think is too unethical to be president.
    Actually, I can defend Trump by saying IDGAF about his personal life. I care how he governs and all you libtards want to focus on everything but that. So STFU and find something relevant to bitch about.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sirthinksalot For This Post:

Callinectes (05-20-2018), cancel2 2022 (05-20-2018), Controlled Opposition (05-20-2018), RB 60 (05-20-2018)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Actually, I can defend Trump by saying IDGAF about his personal life. I care how he governs and all you libtards want to focus on everything but that. So STFU and find something relevant to bitch about.
    It’s not about his personal life, it’s about taking bribes.

12. The Following User Groans At Jarod For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-21-2018)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Leonthecat (05-20-2018)

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It’s not about his personal life, it’s about taking bribes.
    Pardon me, there was nothing specific in your OP, so I had to make assumptions. Taking bribes? Seriously? SMH

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Pardon me, there was nothing specific in your OP, so I had to make assumptions. Taking bribes? Seriously? SMH
    Actually it’s about almost anything that comes out about Rump, “but...but... Hillary!”

Why do you think Russian Oligarchs put money into Cohen’s secret slush account?

16. The Following User Groans At Jarod For This Awful Post:

17. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,912 Times in 3,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,032 Posts

When all they have left is "But Hillary...!", the end can't be far away for this fake presidency.
    We have the intellect to imagine the finality of our own demise but do not have the sophistication to overcome our survival instinct and accept it.
    Solution? Magical thinking and childish promises of everlasting life.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun
    a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
    Ask yourself honestly if this describes what you believe to be true.
    If the answer is yes, you are a racist.

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

When their best defense of Rump is that Hillary (who they hate for being”unethical”) did it also, you know the end is coming.
    the point you fail to acknowledge, intentional or not, is that by not demanding prosecution of hillary for her crimes, you endorsed an activity that would otherwise be illegal. so now that you've endorsed criminal activity because of the letter after their name, you get it from the other side as well. good job.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 Times in 2,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 163 Times in 155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    the point you fail to acknowledge, intentional or not, is that by not demanding prosecution of hillary fo nor her crimes, you endorsed an activity that would otherwise be illegal. so now that you've endorsed criminal activity because of the letter after their name, you get it from the other side as well. good job.
    Seems to me like with all the Republican led investigations into Hillary, THEY could have demanded prosecution. Problem is, none of them found any wrongdoing.

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    Seems to me like with all the Republican led investigations into Hillary, THEY could have demanded prosecution. Problem is, none of them found any wrongdoing.
    did you accept comeys speech about her email server? if you did, then you explicitly endorsed criminal conduct of politicians and accepted the governments use of wordspeak to ignore it.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not a matter of ethics. I voted for G.H.W. Bush because he had been the head of the CIA, and therefore "ethically flexible", as I like to refer to it. A trait I thought would be useful against the world leaders he faced at the time(many of whom were downright "ethically bankrupt", as I like to refer to it). In the various positions she held, the Wicked Witch of Westchester could have used her powers for good, yet I can't think of one positive accomplishment she can claim. You want us to stop waving the anti-hillary flag? Fine. Charge Trump with something serious, have him testify with immunity, trot out the Attorney General(NOT the fucking director of the FBI) to say that he acted carelessly and that no prosecutor would ever prosecute the case. You get your damned inquisitors to do that, and I'd consider leaving hrc out of it. You guys are all about fairness and equality, right?
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

Darth Omar (05-22-2018)

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

the point you fail to acknowledge, intentional or not, is that by not demanding prosecution of hillary for her crimes, you endorsed an activity that would otherwise be illegal. so now that you've endorsed criminal activity because of the letter after their name, you get it from the other side as well. good job.
    I disagree that the two things are even similar. What Hillary did was open and honest, it was done in a legal way. The effect, as you are cute, might have been the same, but it was done illegally. What Trump has done was done secretly, and an attempt to hide thanks, and illegally.

I guess he was trying to keep it hidden, because he had railed against Hillary for doing the same thing. In order to keep it hidden he had to do it illegally. When they do things illegally action should be taken against them. When you run for president acting like you are holier than your opponent, then it comes out that you were the same, I would expect those who supported you to turn.

24. The Following User Groans At Jarod For This Awful Post:

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

did you accept comeys speech about her email server? if you did, then you explicitly endorsed criminal conduct of politicians and accepted the governments use of wordspeak to ignore it.
    Comey’s, speech made perfect legal sense. The conservatives that I spoke to you afterwards simply completely failed to acknowledge the element of intent. They hear someone who knows much more about About a topic that them, and because it wasn’t the answer they wanted choose to pretend it wasn’t true.

It’s a phenomenon in this country, maybe the whole world, known as the “Internet expert”.

26. The Following User Groans At Jarod For This Awful Post: